Hygrozyme Experienced Advice?

BullDogDad

So I know a grower whose exact words were "Hygrozyme is the shit". He told me he adds it to every feeding on his soil grows. He specifically stated that it will not harm the beneficial microflora that are already established in the soil.

However, I've seen mixed reviews online. And many people who specifically stated that Hygrozyme contains H2O2 which will harm or kill any bacteria it comes in contact with. Some also stated that in soil, if you have a healthy community of beneficial bacteria, that they produce there own enzymes and breakdown dead matter therefore Hygrozyme would be unnecessary/redundant. Is that statement true?

The Hygrozyme webpage is useless. But they do state you can use it on soil grows and that it does not "kill" anything. They also spout off about a secret proprietary ingredient that makes me totally suspicious.

Anyway, looking for experiences of people who have actually used this product in soil mediums and their results.

Thanks.
-B

Didn't get a response to this thread but I thought I'd follow up. I tried this product on 3 of my plants just in case it caused problem and I have to say I like how they responded. So I added to all my plants on there next feeding. My plants look great. Im adding it to every feeding until flush time. I'm growing in soil.

cheap enzymes!

pond zyme vs hygrozyme

cheap enzymes!

Pond cleaner seems to do the same job for less dollars .
Zyme is good for cleaning roots from coco . But will break down coco if over used .

Hygrozyme CAN be used with h202. it DOES NOT have any in it.

IME it does a good job of helping to degrade cellulose... what it's supposed to do. I use hempies with perlite, which is very unlike soil. In soil I never used enzymatic cleaners.

Last edited:
100% pure organics, I grow in my worm garden, and just feed the worms the likes of leaf mold, veg matter, horse/cow dung and so on. Minerals from crushed stone. Nature knows best if you just allow it to look after its self ;)

That's special ingredient my friend who owns a hydro store says is basically cooking sherry. No h2o2 all it does is help break down organic matter so it's in a form your plants can use. So doe spring tails and aquasheild from botanicare. Probably a good product if you want to reuse a grow medium it will help break down old roots and such. Hope it help brother!

The plants I first tried it on seemed like they really plumped up in the week following the application. Could have just been coincidental timing though.

The reason I thought of trying it is that I have a lot of plants and no water filtration system. Trying to constantly have a dozen buckets of water around my house to evaporate the chlorine was a huge PIA. Plus my girl though I developed some new OCD tendency! :rolleyes:

I was worried that my microflora was suffering do to using chlorinated water. The Hygrozyme is suppose to aid in breaking down organic matter (which normally your healthy bacteria will do as you guys stated) releasing nutrients which are then available to the plant.

What do you think of the logic? Perhaps I'll do a side by side comparison on one of my next grows.

P.S.

Stickybud- one day when I have the space to experiment I hope to try true organic growing. Get a serious compost heap going, a worm farm. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'd also like to try a little Aquaponics grow one day just for the fun of it.

Last edited:
I got an extra ro I should send you. It will change your life lol. Or buy dechlorinator+ by microbe hydroponics. It will instantly kill the chlorine. But doesn't lower your ppms.

Last edited:
Chlorine is an element. I don't know what they are selling you but nothing will kill an element as it's not alive. Likely it's something binding to it... I'm guessing potassium, so you'll get KCl.

Pmb Sorry science wasn't my strongest subject. You are 100 % correct. They bind to it causing it to not effect your microbes. It a cheap solution for those who don't have an ro, better then filling buckets imo.

Back