Huge Vigorous Pheno

Hey, I'm always on the lookout for a disease and pest resistant plant as I think they make the best keepers. Don't know why, but sometimes one plant is kinda like a bug terminator and the rest get attacked by anything going round. I think inbreeding makes them kinda week and susceptible to attack. Making your own crosses and getting hybrid vigor seems to help, and you'll sometimes find that one special one that bugs hate. Anyway, that's my theory.

Makes sense skippy. I still think the larger pheno is exceptional. This plant exists in a reality where no fucks are given. I see no signs of any kind of issue with it. Maybe not rare, but out of three seeds- not bad. If its a male I planned on getting some pollen from it. Maybe I will cross it with my favorite of the plants im growing out.

Also, I did some experimenting and decided to spray the plants with and old bottle of alfalfa water that I kept in the fridge. I don't know if its just timing, but it seemed like it was beneficial. One of the plants is almost looking normal.

Al Capone, So far I have no reason to believe it will be a problem. The problems with the plants existed before I had cover crop. There are plenty of veteran organic gardeners who have been doing this for years with no problems.

If you research some you can see it improves and helps support microbial activity in the soil.

Last edited:
Makes sense skippy. I still think the larger pheno is exceptional. This plant exists in a reality where no fucks are given. I see no signs of any kind of issue with it. Maybe not rare, but out of three seeds- not bad. If its a male I planned on getting some pollen from it. Maybe I will cross it with my favorite of the plants im growing out.

Also, I did some experimenting and decided to spray the plants with and old bottle of alfalfa water that I kept in the fridge. I don't know if its just timing, but it seemed like it was beneficial. One of the plants is almost looking normal.

Al Capone, So far I have no reason to believe it will be a problem. The problems with the plants existed before I had cover crop. There are plenty of veteran organic gardeners who have been doing this for years with no problems.

If you research some you can see it improves and helps support microbial activity in the soil.

You have been given some sage advice and yet you continue to negate it. You admitted you are novice but continually argue. This is an indoor grow! Get rid of the straw, it is meant for outdoor growing. You don't need nitrogen fixing legumes in an indoor grow. The clover would be for over wintering your field or grow area for the next grow season not for growing up WITH your plants. If you want to add nitrogen then get Azospirillum Brasilense. This comes in powder form from your local hydroponic store. Also Mycorrhizae which is found at the hydro store is a great root stimulator/inoculant as it creates a symbiotic environment in the rhizome. These 2 products carried at most hydro stores, or can be ordered online, have helped me make great strides growing organically indoors. So let's recap: Get rid of straw that harbors fungus, pull weeds that fight for dominance, buy proper products for indoor use, stop arguing and start listening to those who have gone before you.

Hope this helps,
Dawn

I will consider it. Thank you for the advice. The thing is. The organic growing realm is different. My sages aren't your sages. Plus, you act like I'm supposed to know al Capone is some growing guru. I mean no disrespect but I am well aware of the different in growing styles. No all sages agree with other sages and maybe the people I look up to are different.

First of all the straw is yo hold humity in, not nitrogen and my humidity levels are generally very low.

Once again no hard feelings I just have learned not to go off advice that doesn't include scientific reason. In this case, I would disagree and say plenty of people use cover crop indoors you just have t met them apparentl, and if u wanna diss them that's ok. All I am saying is i have done plenty of solid research before doing what I did and on the way have not run into any facts proving that the cover crop I use is going to have such an intricate root system it will mess with the plants. There's plenty of food to go around. So if you can show me facts proving that it's an issue than I am definitely up to changing. In fact I am reading into it more now.

I will look into all you said. I'm glad you shared your thoughts. Mycorizae is something I will definitely get thank you for reminding me

It's all love, no hard feelings

Last edited:
Have you been spraying them with the lights on? The first one looks to have a little bug damage. Make sure to spray during your dark period if you are using a pesticide.

I just wanted to bring this up for anyone to shed some light on-

When I start spraying with neem should I do so only during lights off?

Thanks

Hey, I've sprayed neem with lights on and off and it works fine both ways. I never saw a burnt leaf spraying with lights on and I suspect it may be another of those cannabis myths. If you use the right concentration you won't have a problem but remember to use an emulsifier. I don't grow anymore, but towards the end, if I had to spray, I'd spray with lights off, because I theorised the the neem would have more time to be absorbed into the plant. I have no idea whether that's fact or fiction though.

Thanks for the feedback skippy and others.

I did end up taking the mulch off and transplanting the bigger guys because I am certain that the soil was too rich. I cut it and put them in fresh stuff.I really messed with their little plant minds and bodies, so far a pretty rough grow but I have feeling things will be better now. will update in a week or two.

If your lamp is really old it could be contributing to slow growth. MH lamps loose their effectiveness quickly.

Hey everyone.

I ordered just three seeds of SSH and I got two phenos who are pretty similar looking so far.
Interesting. Super silver haze comes in packs of 18 OR spring / winter cleanings of 1 gram lots. So my question is are you SURE you have super silver haze and not just something labeled SSH? Or is it a knock off? Because unless you trusted some vendor to open packs and sell individual seeds rather than any ole 3 seeds on the floor it's impossible to buy 3 seeds of that strain. I guess you could by a pack and share the expense with 6 other people. Personally the only place I'd trust to NOT supply me ORIGINAL UNOPENED BREEDERS PACKS IS DIRECTLY FROM MNS. The only reason I point this out is Id hate to put the time and effort while building your hope to only end up with some thing that doesn't stack up to SSH.

Plant 1

11kdttu.jpg

Plant 2

2wh2xra.jpg

a1pz15.jpg

Big girl (I hope)

4fual1.jpg
Keep the weeds out of the pots. I can count on 1 hand the number of weeds that have grown in my soil in the past 4 years. It's so infrequent it really catches my attention when I've actually seen one. I can hear the jokes already. Those aren't the weeds we want to be growing. Eventually they will throw off seeds of their own.

Last edited:
You have been given some sage advice and yet you continue to negate it. You admitted you are novice but continually argue. This is an indoor grow! Get rid of the straw, it is meant for outdoor growing. You don't need nitrogen fixing legumes in an indoor grow. The clover would be for over wintering your field or grow area for the next grow season not for growing up WITH your plants. If you want to add nitrogen then get Azospirillum Brasilense. This comes in powder form from your local hydroponic store. Also Mycorrhizae which is found at the hydro store is a great root stimulator/inoculant as it creates a symbiotic environment in the rhizome. These 2 products carried at most hydro stores, or can be ordered online, have helped me make great strides growing organically indoors. So let's recap: Get rid of straw that harbors fungus, pull weeds that fight for dominance, buy proper products for indoor use, stop arguing and start listening to those who have gone before you.

Hope this helps,
Dawn

What she said!!!!

GR

Back