How to select a good male ?

Silly(c)One

Hello all,

I have a few cuts I like quite a lot, all sativas though, and would love to add a little mango/haze taste to them. I currently have a pack of Mango Haze (how strange) and am about to pop a few seeds (probably 9 or so).
First, is it a good idea to use a Mango Haze male or should I better use a SSH male (that's the other pack I have next to the MH one :cool:) ?
If it is, on which criteria should I chose the male ? Short and fast with big leaves ? Or is there another criteria that goes along with the hazy/mango taste that can be seen on males ? (you know, a co-gene-thingie, djee, I'm bad with precise words, damn ADHD, or is it the SSH/Amnesia I'm smoking right now ? :D)

Thanks ! The forum thread was actually very helpful, shanti's article is only covering the basics, although very well, but I'm trying to find specific info or rather experiences with Mango Haze itself... maybe that's dreaming a bit too far ? So no one has ever used a Mango Haze male before in a homecross ?

Yeah well, popped my first MH's in august, about 6 of them. Just one male in it. And I didn't knew what I had with my mangos... no clones, no selection, just stupid "look how it grows" *cry* oh and yes, killed the male too :p

That was a mistake... most resinous plants I've had.

Back