How old is your oldest stash ?

Skunkerbudz

2022 COE Winner
Just wondering how old some of your cured smoke is ?

Oldest jar I have is from 18'

Have a handfull of gram + sacks that date back to 2012-13 ?

Just smoked a bowl of pineapple express from 2013 and it obviously lost alot of taste and smell but still a nice semi head high...

Just wondering if anyone else just wonders things like this after getting medicated???

2010 Afgooey

It was not this color when purchased in 2010. Everything about it has changed over the years. Still has a very unique smell. Of course, smell, color, taste, and potency has changed a lot. The potency is not as strong but it's a nice high. Very energetic, and smiley. Doesn't last too long but great for social situations and doing chores. You are high but with enough energy and focus to get things done or socialize. Many people enjoy it because you get high but not too high so very easy to socialize.

A couple friends still have Acapulco Gold from the 70's 'hermetically sealed' in their freezers and now and then bust some out, usually New Year's Eve for some reason. Same type of high, very nice. The high of these old pots I enjoy very much. They remind of the time I scored a case of 1878 Chateau Mouton-Rothschild Bordeaux. It was not at all like a 2020 Bordeaux. Smell, taste, buzz, everything had changed but I really liked the buzz.I generally don't care for wine as a couple glasses make me feel sluggish whereas the 1878 was more like the buzz of the old pot. Whenever I smoke the old pot I think of the 1878 wine.

2010 Afgooey Was not this color when purchased, it aged like a fine wine ;)
Webp.net-compress-image(35).jpg

1878 Chateau Mouton-Rothschild Bordeaux Being young and dumb, I drank the case figuring it was just some 'old shit'. Wouldn't have to spend a dollar on the good stuff - Boone's Farm. Years later I found out the 1878 was easily fetching 10K USD a bottle. They have gone as high as 20K USD in auctions. That's what being young and dumb will get you. Like the pot and the wine, I too have changed over the years and can say with great confidence that I am no longer young! Dumb? Some things never change! Happy HolidaZe!
mouton.jpg

Longball

that never stay long time for me but some weed have better conservation than other
the diesel is unsmokable after 2 years
i think is better to conserve haschich to increase the quality like wine for the weed is the oposite that decreased with time

2010 Afgooey

It was not this color when purchased in 2010. Everything about it has changed over the years. Still has a very unique smell. Of course, smell, color, taste, and potency has changed a lot. The potency is not as strong but it's a nice high. Very energetic, and smiley. Doesn't last too long but great for social situations and doing chores. You are high but with enough energy and focus to get things done or socialize. Many people enjoy it because you get high but not too high so very easy to socialize.

A couple friends still have Acapulco Gold from the 70's 'hermetically sealed' in their freezers and now and then bust some out, usually New Year's Eve for some reason. Same type of high, very nice. The high of these old pots I enjoy very much. They remind of the time I scored a case of 1878 Chateau Mouton-Rothschild Bordeaux. It was not at all like a 2020 Bordeaux. Smell, taste, buzz, everything had changed but I really liked the buzz.I generally don't care for wine as a couple glasses make me feel sluggish whereas the 1878 was more like the buzz of the old pot. Whenever I smoke the old pot I think of the 1878 wine.

View attachment 57281

1878 Chateau Mouton-Rothschild Bordeaux Being young and dumb, I drank the case figuring it was just some 'old shit'. Wouldn't have to spend a dollar on the good stuff - Boone's Farm. Years later I found out the 1878 was easily fetching 10K USD a bottle. They have gone as high as 20K USD in auctions. That's what being young and dumb will get you. Like the pot and the wine, I too have changed over the years and can say with great confidence that I am no longer young! Dumb? Some things never change! Happy HolidaZe!
View attachment 57282

Longball

the bottle a 1 millions of $ ? only 20000 dollars

how was the wine ?

personaly i sell one bottle and i drink all the others :)

i m schock by the low price

Last edited:
2010 Afgooey

View attachment 57281

View attachment 57282

Longball
Lumbo from the 70's Nice !

quinxstar said: "the bottle a 1 millions of $ ? only 20000 dollars. how was the wine ? personaly i sell one bottle and i drink all the others :) i m schock by the low price

It has been near impossible to find any info on 1876-1886 Mouton-Rothschild wines. Before or after those years it is not to hard to find info about Mouton-Rothschild wines. I took the price from an article I will post at the end.

The wine came from an unknown and sealed off wine cellar from the Ten Broeck Mansion in Albany, NY. The mansion was built in 1797 by General Abraham Ten Broeck. General Ten Broeck was a NY delegate to the Second Continental Congress. General Ten Broeck was also Commander of Ten Broeck's Brigade (New York Militia) at the Second Battle of Saratoga (Battle of Bemis Heights) on October 7, 1777, as part of the Left wing of Major General Horatio Gates.

Later on the Ten Broeck Mansion was placed on The National Register of Historic Places and tours were given. My room mate's Mom worked there as a caretaker, gardener, and for social gala's, hostess and sometimes cook. She was given a free apartment in the basement for her services. This was in the late 60's & early 70's. At some point some bricks from a cellar wall fell out and my friend looked in and saw a wine cellar that had been bricked in for who knows how many decades or for what reason. As a tiny guy he was able to squeeze in the hole and retrieve some wine cases, not all was good as some corks had rotted out. He owed everyone in the world money and you got a case of wine if he owed you money. That’s' how I ended up with a case of 1878 Mouton-Rothschild Bordeaux. It meant nothing to me so I drank it. Not a wine person at all - would rather drink piss out of a boot. But it was free and almost as good as Boone's Farm wine so that's my story.

Shortly afterwards, whoever owned the mansion 'discovered' the wine cellar. Big news around here! The collection included rarities that would have been valuable even when they were bottled, such as Chambertin 1875, Chateau Lafite Rothschild 1869 and 1870, Chateau Mouton-Rothschild 1875, 1878 and 1887, and Chateau d’Yquem 1869, considered the best wine of Sauternes.

Ten Broeck Mansion
TB Mansion.jpg

Wine Cellar is much bigger than shown here.
cellar bricks.jpg

As you can see, some cork had rotted out and the wine was undrinkable. Some of the empty bottles fetch 500-600 USD, maybe more?
note.jpg

I took the prices for this article, can't vouch for prices, as quinxstar mentioned, maybe worth a lot more: https://www.timesunion.com/tuplus-f...-a-glass-to-history-6075661.php#photo-7512736

Sorry to hijack your thread @Skunkerbudz

Longball

quinxstar said: "the bottle a 1 millions of $ ? only 20000 dollars. how was the wine ? personaly i sell one bottle and i drink all the others :) i m schock by the low price

It has been near impossible to find any info on 1876-1886 Mouton-Rothschild wines. Before or after those years it is not to hard to find info about Mouton-Rothschild wines. I took the price from an article I will post at the end.

The wine came from an unknown and sealed off wine cellar from the Ten Broeck Mansion in Albany, NY. The mansion was built in 1797 by General Abraham Ten Broeck. General Ten Broeck was a NY delegate to the Second Continental Congress. General Ten Broeck was also Commander of Ten Broeck's Brigade (New York Militia) at the Second Battle of Saratoga (Battle of Bemis Heights) on October 7, 1777, as part of the Left wing of Major General Horatio Gates.

Later on the Ten Broeck Mansion was placed on The National Register of Historic Places and tours were given. My room mate's Mom worked there as a caretaker, gardener, and for social gala's, hostess and sometimes cook. She was given a free apartment in the basement for her services. This was in the late 60's & early 70's. At some point some bricks from a cellar wall fell out and my friend looked in and saw a wine cellar that had been bricked in for who knows how many decades or for what reason. As a tiny guy he was able to squeeze in the hole and retrieve some wine cases, not all was good as some corks had rotted out. He owed everyone in the world money and you got a case of wine if he owed you money. That’s' how I ended up with a case of 1878 Mouton-Rothschild Bordeaux. It meant nothing to me so I drank it. Not a wine person at all - would rather drink piss out of a boot. But it was free and almost as good as Boone's Farm wine so that's my story.

Shortly afterwards, whoever owned the mansion 'discovered' the wine cellar. Big news around here! The collection included rarities that would have been valuable even when they were bottled, such as Chambertin 1875, Chateau Lafite Rothschild 1869 and 1870, Chateau Mouton-Rothschild 1875, 1878 and 1887, and Chateau d’Yquem 1869, considered the best wine of Sauternes.

Ten Broeck Mansion
View attachment 57283

Wine Cellar is much bigger than shown here.
View attachment 57284

As you can see, some cork had rotted out and the wine was undrinkable. Some of the empty bottles fetch 500-600 USD, maybe more?
View attachment 57285

I took the prices for this article, can't vouch for prices, as quinxstar mentioned, maybe worth a lot more: https://www.timesunion.com/tuplus-f...-a-glass-to-history-6075661.php#photo-7512736

Sorry to hijack your thread @Skunkerbudz

Longball
Very interesting story, thank you !

Bud , wine...pretty good combo.

Skunkerbudz said: "Bud , wine...pretty good combo.

At one time that was my go to combo! Awesome mix of highs. At some point I switched to buds, bourbon, and broads women Autoflower Girls. Those 3 highs also mix quite nicely together! :) Awesome garden you have, Skunkerbudz, been following your thread. Save some and post back in this thread in 5-10 years! ;)

Happy Holidaze!

Longball

thanks for the history

i type rotschild 1876 on my french google and i have an argus at 2900 euros
so you sealling a very good price
the market is different with here i thinking was more rare
it's appears to be a bad year because the 2000 is at 16500 euros

the 1881 only 1651 euros

1883 1173 euros

very low for the age

Last edited:
thanks for the history

i type rotschild 1876 on my french google and i have a bottle at 2900 euros so you sealling a very good price
the market is different with here i thinking was more rare
1876 wine is undrinkable...it's for collectors only.
20 - 25 years is the maximum you can keep a wine...and only top notch wines can be kept that long.

1876 wine is undrinkable...it's for collectors only.
20 - 25 years is the maximum you can keep a wine...and only top notch wines can be kept that long.

A Madeira wine dating from 1675 has been bought by the wine bar N ° 5 Wine Bar in Toulouse. The beverage sells for 100,000 euros a bottle and 7,000 euros a glass.

if they sell it in glass it is not to look at it

A Madeira wine dating from 1675 has been bought by the wine bar N ° 5 Wine Bar in Toulouse. The beverage sells for 100,000 euros a bottle and 7,000 euros a glass.

if they sell it in glass it is not to look at it
Madeira isn't really wine...it's a mix of wine and alcool so it's much more stable than regular wine.

Last edited:
quinxstar said: "
View attachment 57299

Vintage 1472, the oldest drinkable wine in the world in a bottle."

quinxstar is correct, this white wine made in Strasbourg, France 1472 is considered the oldest drinkable wine and from time to time public wine tastings of it are given. https://www.quora.com/How-old-is-the-oldest-drinkable-wine-in-existence-today There are still wines hundred's of years older that are considered drinkable but the price value is so high no one has tried any.

Tom bolenate said:"1876 wine is undrinkable...it's for collectors only. 20 - 25 years is the maximum you can keep a wine...and only top notch wines can be kept that long."

About 10 of us drank over 100 bottles of 1869-1887 wines from the Ten Broeck Mansion as older teenager's in 1973. No one got sick. All of us of still alive, some of us now 70. All are healthy. There was some sediment in the bottles, we decanted the bottles carefully and then again carefully decanted into glasses. As stated earlier, the wine was almost as good as Boone's Farm wine which was a dollar a bottle! But it was free which made it taste pretty good to a teenager.

You have stated "1876 wine is undrinkable". Please tell us a little bit about your experience drinking this 1876 wine. Was it a red or white? Did you get sick?

Longball

Unique aging and higher alcohol values increase the shelf of Madeira for sure, though I doubt the quality remains.
Here's a bottle of bourbon that was brought to a stag party back in '79. It was so bad then that over the years it became a bottle that showed up unexpectantly at you doorstep. An adult game of tag, a small group of friends from that party continue to mail and pass this bottle from person to person over the years. I was the last receipient and am looking for the address of Eric to send it to as I haven't seen him in 15 years lol. Happy New Year!

old ezra.jpg

đŸ€™mu

A few years ago a friend's uncle passed away. Going thru his things we found a 30 year old bottle of Seagram's 7 Crown Whiskey. It had been opened 30 years ago and if I remember correctly had a simple screw on cap. We drank it anyway. It was very smooth!
If you have any booze over a year old and are afraid to drink it - please send it to me!!!

Longball

quinxstar said: "
View attachment 57299

Vintage 1472, the oldest drinkable wine in the world in a bottle."

quinxstar is correct, this white wine made in Strasbourg, France 1472 is considered the oldest drinkable wine and from time to time public wine tastings of it are given. https://www.quora.com/How-old-is-the-oldest-drinkable-wine-in-existence-today There are still wines hundred's of years older that are considered drinkable but the price value is so high no one has tried any.

Tom bolenate said:"1876 wine is undrinkable...it's for collectors only. 20 - 25 years is the maximum you can keep a wine...and only top notch wines can be kept that long."

About 10 of us drank over 100 bottles of 1869-1887 wines from the Ten Broeck Mansion as older teenager's in 1973. No one got sick. All of us of still alive, some of us now 70. All are healthy. There was some sediment in the bottles, we decanted the bottles carefully and then again carefully decanted into glasses. As stated earlier, the wine was almost as good as Boone's Farm wine which was a dollar a bottle! But it was free which made it taste pretty good to a teenager.

You have stated "1876 wine is undrinkable". Please tell us a little bit about your experience drinking this 1876 wine. Was it a red or white? Did you get sick?

Longball
Hi Longball,
When I say ''undrinkable'' I mean not worth drinking not unsafe.
After a wine reach his ageing pic It starts to decrease slowly in quality.
I Never drank a wine as old as 1876 but when my grandfather passed away 10 years ago we found very old bottles of wine in his cellar. Among them 2 bottles of chĂąteau margaux 1964...we openened them and the wine endend in.the sink...nobody was sick but the wine was tasteless, flat all flavors had faded away.

Alcools like cognac, armagnac, wiskey or rhum are more stables but when you consider their age only years in.oak barrel count...once it's bottled they don't evoluate anymore.

When I was kid I used to spend all my summer hollidays at my grandfather house in the cognac Producing area. One of our neighbourg was the cellar master of Rémy Martin. When he retired he offered my grandpa a small bottle of cognac that was kept 80 years in oak barrel...they use it at 5 percent in the mix to make their very best cuvé (Louis XIII) ...I still remember the taste of this stuff, it was so powerfull and sweat at the time.

Welp.....
Sorry we disgressed a bit.
My oldest weed jars are around 2 years old.
Still smokable despite the lack of taste but the fx is very heavy. I keep it as night médecine, very good sleep aid with very few next day hangover.
I also remember sampling a 3 years old charas in the parvati valley that was beautifull with leather, Spicy and earthy flavors...
If you go to NĂ©pal or north india always ask hash from last year crop it's always much better than the fresh one.

Back