hermie traits in nevilles haze?

Most, if not all of the OG derived lines have come from lines with herm tendencies if I understand correctly. I have run GG4 Xs that have been stable, and some that are full-blown herms.

In my OPINION, it can happen with almost any cannabis plant, though I have had plants I couldn't turn. At least in time for my purposes.

i had a hermy from an mns nevilles haze, so it is a possibility.
however, i have grown at least 20 more and not seen another since.
from that same first batch, i found a good NH.
have not found another good one since.
so as a rare occurrence, it may happen. but it is not common occurrence.

the banner was acquired via attitude seed bank website, possibly true north seed bank. the banner was banner#3 according to the package but in reality who knows, so when you say test the males, do you mean dry the male out and roll him up, i usually do not get any flower structure to the male's its just pollen sacs. that's interesting even if i made s1 out of the banner it would only be half of what it was, so i would need the pollen from the male that created the original bb3 in order to maintain the bb3 i bought.

Hey man.
Bruce Banner was a darkhorse release.
They also did work with back cross, trying to fix the different phenos.
Sounds like you may have some form of that rather than a f2 of the original BB.
By test I mean actually test breed and run the progeny.
Give them out and get feedback ( and a cut from anything someone else may find )
Test your male over different girls.

It's a bit of hard work, and probably why many breeders are now just pushing femmes together.

Shanti has produced an excellent thread somewhere around here on how to identify a potential male.
A lot of ppl fed back into that thread.

Thing is, you have all the seed now from your dude.
If he's a goer, then you'll soon see.
If he's a fail, then you'll see that soon enough too
Cheers

The link is only seedfinder ( so not gospel like Wikipedia or something 🤣) but the description is written by Bruce Banner breeder and discussing putting BB back to the strawberry father

Last edited:
Most, if not all of the OG derived lines have come from lines with herm tendencies if I understand correctly. I have run GG4 Xs that have been stable, and some that are full-blown herms.

In my OPINION, it can happen with almost any cannabis plant, though I have had plants I couldn't turn. At least in time for my purposes.

True story. If gg4 was just a big ol' drag queen, then no one would run her and there would be no sans semilla flowers at the bud tender.

Last edited:
yes i have had males in my room in september, i figure the pollen would not if lasted that long, i should bleached my room down before the N.H was put in. i have 20 N.H plants in the room with the afghan and master kush, the kush's have just started to show pistil's. it took me a long time to get the N.H seeds which i ordered through the vancouver seed bank to get the N.H. like bubbleman said it is very hard to get the real deal in regards to the N.H. they look just weird to, i have 3 phenos going of the N.H one pheno is basically 3 fingered leaves, one pheno that looks like a normal plant it has 5-7 fingers for fan leaves, and the third pheno is short with tight lateral branching but skunk like in the shape like a christmas tree. at the moment in my starter room, i have shiva shantii 2, white skunk, hindu kush, skunk 1 from white lable and sensi seeds, truly bummed about my germ rate with all of those strains, it was less than a 50% germ rate, i have started some cotton candy cane as well from emerald triangle seeds with similar results 50%. i am thinking they could be old stock maybe, i know when i germ stuff from 5-7 years ago i get low germ rates. i must say the cotton candy cane is a excellent strain i have grown it outdoors on the island here and indoors, it is a fan favorite for sure, the terp profile is very rich, very potent high and long lasting.
Easy to get the real deal here. In many strains.

Back