Herb's 2007 ASH Test Grow

Thanks Burnage;), looking forward to you growing them out as well and judging by the quality of the Afg4 x Sk that you just finished it's gonna be a fine grow to watch, peace, Herb

Hi,
sorry not updated my diary for over a week now, just got new batteries for my camera today, the long flowering pheno was chopped on sunday (day 79 of 12/12), milky trichs throughout, the majority of this plant has went straight in the freezer but have kept back around just under an ounce which is now drying, the last plant will be chopped later today (day 81 of 12/12), will update with pics later this afternoon, peace, Herb

Hey herb
you did nice job with these test seeds, well done.
May I ask if you dried and cured the buds before storing them in the freezer?If I understood correctly they went wet into the freezer for long term storage.

Cant wait to see the new pics

Hi Herb,

Excellent pics and info on these,as L33t said,looking forward to seeing how they are/were upto now mate,

I think herb's going to do some bubble L33t,but he will let you know I'm sure,

Take it easy herb,peace.

peace all.

I see , yes I have noticed that fresh material is better for bubble.But with dry you can get better yields most of the times , though you may get some contamination if you don't do it carefully as dry material 'breakes into small pieces' and these may find their way into the end product.

Day 81 of 12/12

Hi l33t and Red,
yeah i just put it in the freezer straight off the plants, can't wait to use my Bubblebags, it'll be my first time using them, i harvested the last plant this afternoon, it took me a while to cut/trim her but was well worth the effort, smells really strong like fuel mixed hash, Shanti - remember i was saying i thought i could see purple mixed with red coming through then i thought it wasn't?, there is definately purple and red coming through slightly on this strain, mainly on this 1 pheno tho, once its dry i'll try and post clear images to show you, it's a truely beautiful colour, here is a couple of full shots of the last plant, peace, Herb
000_0002.jpg
000_0006.jpg

Day 81 of 12/12

Here is some pics of the top half / cola area of the plant, really impressed with this pheno, real heavy yeilder, huge calyxs with abundant resin and really strong aroma, really looking forward to the smoke report, Herb
000_0015.jpg
000_0019.jpg
000_0008.jpg

Excellent phots and buds.You did great job man! SSH always makes some excellent bubble for sure :)

Hi l33t,
thanks bro but it's not SSH it's AfghanHaze x AfghanSkunk;) , i ordered a pack of SSH on Friday which i'll start just after New Year, yeah i'm really looking forward to giving the Bubblebags a go for the first time as i've only ever tried the tights over a bucket method, got a pretty good end product but looking forward to seeing how the Bubblebags Hash compares, peace, Herb

Hey Herb,
Fantastic thread, Ive been following it for sometime now :)
You've done a great job detailing this variety for all of us to see and its clear this variety is top shelf. Merry Xmas my friend :)

Thanks Jesse, had a taster of the first pheno last nite which has been in the jar for just under 2 weeks now, when you open the jar the aroma fills the room really quick, first you notice a strong citrus smell, take another smell and you notice a musky smell coming through with that unmistakable Haze aroma, it's really sticky also, the taste at first again is citrus/musk, spicy with what reminds me of a antique shop smell coming through in the taste, after you exhale it leaves a beautiful taste in the mouth - that spicy and musky/antique with that touch of sweet citrus in the background, the haze taste and aroma has definatly came through on this pheno, the effect is really strong - up, up and up, roaring sativa high which lasted for a good 2 half to 3 hours, very creative inspiring weed, also it doesn't stop you from having a good nites sleep, very impressed with this pheno - 10/10, peace, Herb

Pheno 3 dried bud

hi all,
here is a couple of pics of Pheno 3 which has just finished drying this afternoon, that was 18 days drying in total, the smell from this pheno is overpowering, can't place the dried bud aroma as of yet, never smelled anything like it before, peace, Herb
000_0002.jpg
000_0003.jpg

Happy New Year MNS,
Well i finally managed to have a good taster of Pheno 3 last night / into this morning to bring in the New Year, 18 days drying and 3 Days cure when i tested it, Buds are full of trichs, nice big calyxs and really sticky, I still can't place the aroma when you open the jar yet but i'll identify it eventually, you feel it tickling the nose when the jar is opened, really strong, very overpowering. You can smell it in the next room when the jar is open, the taste is like Spicy Hashy sort of taste, i can taste the other flavours coming through but again i can't place it just now, the after taste is again Spicy Hash with a slight floral incense taste coming through, very good tasting Pheno again, at first i thought this wasn't as strong as the other phenos but out of nowhere it hits you, this is a definate creeper, Pheno 1 was an almost immediate effect but this 1 (pheno 3) was like a ton of bricks after 4 or 5 min - Great pheno, peace, Herb

Back