Herb's 2007 ASH Test Grow

Hi Red,
thanks for posting the link bro, i just need to figuire out how to cut and paste to get a blank smoke report so i can post one up, hopefully i'll work out how to do it by the time the first pheno has dried and had a cure, peace, Herb

Day 72 of 12/12

evening all,
now on day 72 of 12/12, thats been 7 days the first plant has been drying for, maybe another week should do it then i'll post final dry weight up.
on to the first plant, got her on 3ml bloom, 1ml grow now, decided to up the bloom a little on her, buds are filling out more and calyxs are stacking up on 1 another, calyxs are different on this plant, more pointy and 3D if that makes any sense?, here's a couple of full shots, 1 left hand side, 1 right hand side, peace, herb
000_0001.jpg
000_0023.jpg

Day 72 of 12/12

here's the same plant but a bit closer, 1 from the front and 1 from the back, the yeild would have been improved drastically if the height never took me by surprise but this pheno has been great practice for me, think she'll be ready around Xmas ? , herb
000_0003.jpg
000_0022.jpg

Day 72 of 12/12

same plant again, here is an example of 1 of the leafs and a closer look at 1 of the top colas, i wish i knew how to enlarge the photos, peace, herb
000_0005.jpg
000_0006.jpg

Day 72 of 12/12

here is a couple of shots of a middle bud, 1 further back and 1 a bit closer, herb
000_0014.jpg
000_0016.jpg

Day 72 of 12/12

last couple of pics of this pheno, Closer and closer still, resin is really building up now, can't wait to test her when she's ready, think she's gonna be something really special, peace, herb
000_0019.jpg
000_0029.jpg

Day 72 of 12/12

here is the 2nd pheno, really impressed with everything about this pheno, she's gonna be my biggest yeild so far, buds are really fat, calyxs upon calyxs, so much resin it's unbelievable and really strong smelling, she's still on 2ml grow, 1ml bloom, she'll be on this dosage till the end, here is a couple of full shots from different angles,peace, herb
000_0001_00.jpg
000_0006_00.jpg

Day 72 of 12/12

here is a couple of pics of the 'twin buds', 1 pic from 1 side, the other pic from the other side, herb
000_0022_00.jpg
000_0027_00.jpg

Hi All

just had a browse through the report...good work.

I will be interested to hear about the density of the main flower and their respective aromas...looking forward to hearing about the medicinal effects as this hybrid could just have a practical combination of alot of the positive things the origins are capable of.

It makes me happy to come back to a place where educated dialogue and detailed reporting seems to be the norm . Well done to all of you who contribute from MNS crew, ...we do it for you,and you do it for us!

All the best Sb

Hi Shanti,
the first plant i harvested last sunday (8 days ago) - buds weren't particulary dense but calyxs were really fat, expanding and stacking up on each other, i'm gonna guess the final dry weight will be around 2-3 Oz but i'll have a definate dry weight in around 5-7 days, smell when growing for me was/is complicated to pin-point, meat possibly?, when i was harvesting her it changed, really strong Hash mint / hash menthol, because i was so close to the buds when trimming you could feel in tickling the nose, very powerful, resin production was / is awesome, even loads of trichs running up branches,i'll be able to give more details in the smoke test hopefully.
the second plant (first 1 i showed yesterday) which will take the longest to finish smells like lime/lemon hazey aroma, at a closer look at the calyxs they look different from the others, more pointy, more 3D sort of hexagonal calyxs that go to a point?, calyxs are pilling up on 1 another and they are now getting more dense, really tall plant, she took me off guard a bit with the height gain but she's been great practice for me (more details on this pheno as she matures more), think she'll have another2-4 weeks to go possibly.
The last plant i showed (1 with the big, thick main cola) has really impressed me, Buds are really dense, aroma is really strong, again i think (but could be wrong ) it is like hash meat again?, the main cola is the thickest/densist cola i've grown or seen, calyxs keep stacking up pushing the bud structure in every direction, if you try and look right through the main cola it's impossible it's so thick of big calyxs, she'll be a big yeilder, i'm only using a 400w HPS, growers who have bigger lights will get an awesome yeild from her, resin production again is amazing, calyxs look silver on this pheno, can't wait to do the smoke test on all phenos, peace, Herb

Hi True,
thanks m8, looking forward to the smoke report on your phenos also, your plants look great, Herb
Hi Alias,
i'm not sure if its a meat smell or not, i had a look at the aroma options in the smoke reports to see if it would help trigger / pin-point the aroma, also i grow on my own with no one else to help confirm what the aroma is and with it being only my 3rd grow it's really hard for me to pin-point complex aromas but 1 things for sure - they all smell great, peace bro, Herb

Fantastic grow and pics herb, you`ve done this strain justice alright. One more grow to get out of the way and I`ll be moving onto this strain myself, and if they`re half as beautiful as your plants then I`ll be a happy man.

Well done mate,
Burnage

Back