Herb's 2007 ASH Test Grow

Nice one herb, lovely descriptions of the smoke and excellent photo's; can't wait to do my own smoke test, unfortunately I only have one pheno to test at the moment but after reading all the other test diaries I know I'm not going to be disappointed :cool:

Hi all

well done Herb, I think if it is only your 3rd grow you are both lucky to do a strain like this and smart. It is a hybrid that contains the original 3 parents that have made alot of strains in the passed , but they were not combined as this hybrid previously.I am very happy to see the result and I am positive your end product would be worth its weight in green gold! Keep a sample you never know when we will meet! All the best to you all Sb

I have just spent an hour going through your test grow Herb. Excellent job and so well documented. I got your lighting but somehow missed your choice of nutes and growing medium. Could you fill me in? Although I have been growing for some time I still think I am one of many who are guilty of over-fertilizing. I seem to be growing too much stalk (too much space between internodes) although I am very carefull about getting even a bit of tip-burn. All strains are different of course and I am very interested in this one. I am in hydro myself (DWC) and using DNF nutes with 600 watt hps and 400 watt MH over an average of 6 to 7 plants that I like to keep around 2 feet high,although my current crop of SHIT got out of control (over 4 feet LOL) Hope you can fill me in on the growing medium and nutes and again,congrats on a fine job. Yours, Scorpio

Hi DrgthumbUK,
thanks man;), i'm looking forward to seeing another pheno variation in your plant, are there any noticable aromas from the plant at the stage your at just now?, whatever pheno you get i'm 100% sure your in for a real treat with the finished product, peace, Herb

Hi Shanti,
thanks for giving me the chance to grow out the strain, it's definatly a special cross that i'll remember for a lond time, will this cross be getting released in the future?, if it does i'd definatly buy a pack and go for round 2, i've passed a bit of each pheno to 2 close family members, 1 of them has been smoking for over 15 years and he says it's the best smoke he's ever had, both of them were really impressed and it's just getting better and better the longer they cure, some of each pheno will be curing throughout the year, i can't wait to see what a 6 month cure does for it, if we ever do meet theres a jar full of each pheno waiting on you sampling them, peace, Herb

Hi Scorpio,
thanks man, for this test grow i used a single 400w Super HPS Unit, the 'Super' part is supposed to give the wattage an extra kick of 10% to 440w with extra Red in the spectrum
I used Bio Bizz Grow and Bloom and the medium i used in this grow was Westlands MP, thanks again for looking in on the diary, peace, Herb

Hi All

I just wanted to tell you that I feel this particular hybrid is a very special product...as Herb is finding out. For many years there was a few excellent growers in south Holland producing this strain. It was pre-ordered and sold before it came off the plant. As Holland growers became more concerned with yields and weight it was neglected .My point for making certain strains available is for those of you out there that reached a certain level and know what weight and good average product mean and wish to try old world strains and understand why they were favored, at least you have the chance. So this year I will do my best to get a batch done so we can offer it again. I do believe that Doc Chronic got the last 20 packets only a few weeks ago...so if you do not want to wait knock on his door.All the best Sb

Hi Shanti,
that's great news that it could be getting released later this year, has the Doc got any left?, i'd definately like to grow this strain again, the flavours, aromas and overall effect from each pheno were superb, each have there own character to them and it's really hard to pick a favourite, i'm not sure what the final yeild was as i don't have scales but that last pheno i finished was by far the biggest i've had to date, i just wish you guys could of seen them in person as the pictures never done them justice, the resin production blew me away on all phenos, it's definately a 10/10 and a 100% keeper strain, i just wish i had taken clones from them, peace, Herb

Hi herb,

Congrats on your harvest, any more thoughts on the high/taste after a longer cure? Did you make bubble?

You got 3 phenos in all right? Flowering times again, please.

I got a 7 pack as a freebie from Dr C about a month ago when I ordered Shark Shock and his Troublemaker. I think they are sold out by now but check hg420. I'll veg in the greenhouse and find and clone females to take indoors to find a keeper. They will probably never finish up here(55n) under natural light.

peace
exile

Last edited by a moderator:
Just took a look on hg420, the beans are all gone, as far as the testers, I knew I should have order more than 1 pack. I really do hope they get released, your buds are beautiful there man.

Herb: Nice Grow on the lastest of your phenos did it seem like it was ever gonna quit stretching and start to bud? I got one going and it is takeing forever:cool:

AF HAZE/AF SK Doc Freebie

Shanti: I am new to this and this is my second grow. First grow was some lowlifes minis. I have some G13 Widow and this AF Haze /AF SK growing. It has the smell of the Jewel of the Nile Plant. Sweet smelling fruity pungeant like old school thai bud that was grown in NorCal in the late 70's. This is the finest smelling herb I have smelled in my whole life and I used to have alot of farming friends.

I did not want to waste the male that came up with this and made a good 100 seeds on one branch.

I anticipate this plant going 12 to 14 weeks and cannot stand the wait. It is 5 weeks now and it is finally slowing down in the stretch. I LST this at 5 weeks old, she was 20inches tall and is now four feet plus. I have made every mistake possible including low light, not planting in a big enough pot (two gallon) and over nuting.

I just got done spreading it out some more so she gets the maximum light throughout

Nonetheless she is just starting to flower. Thanks for putting this out as a freebie. It is excellent to be growing this.

Attachments

• AFHAZE-AFSK.jpg
    AFHAZE-AFSK.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 78
  • the-jewel-of-the-nile.jpg
    the-jewel-of-the-nile.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 43
  • shanti's-magic1.jpg
    shanti's-magic1.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 2,791
  • afhzafsk1.jpg
    afhzafsk1.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Great job on the grow Herb, really nice photo's to top it off too. I'll have to really go through it when I have more time.

Over 5 Months Cured (66 Pheno)

Thanks for the comments folks, i had a taster of this pheno last night again (5+ Months Cure, Day 66 Pheno):
000_00222.jpg

it's still got that Musky and Spicy taste but even smoother with the long cure, there is something new i'm picking up taste-wise from the last time, the after-taste is exactly like cream chocolate, leaves that velvet chocolate taste on the roof of the mouth, and it's still an extreme heavy hitter even 5 months down the line, great mood enhancing smoke, 100% great pheno, 100% keeper (wish i kept a cut of this 1)

Peace
Herb

Thanks for the comments folks, i had a taster of this pheno last night again (5+ Months Cure, Day 66 Pheno):
000_00222.jpg

it's still got that Musky and Spicy taste but even smoother with the long cure, there is something new i'm picking up taste-wise from the last time, the after-taste is exactly like cream chocolate, leaves that velvet chocolate taste on the roof of the mouth, and it's still an extreme heavy hitter even 5 months down the line, great mood enhancing smoke, 100% great pheno, 100% keeper (wish i kept a cut of this 1)

Peace
Herb

candy time:) .... and that its some prima shit man.........peace and love bro

Hy Herb,,,

It s been a while since you last posted here in your Ash thread but after having read it through all the way I had to congratulate you. It seems this variety has been very rewarding with you.

All the best from Max.

Back