Herb's 2007 ASH Test Grow

herb

Hi Everyone, since they are now in the seedling stage i thought this would be a good time to start a grow diary on them, thank you again Shanti for the oppertunity to grow these, they are now 9 days old, the 4 in the bigger pots were re potted 2 days ago as they were quite tall so i burried the stems a bit, the other 1 wasn't as tall so i decided to leave it as it is, peace, Herb
000_0005.jpg

Last edited:
hola

hola compadre nice plants.. I crackt 20 beans and 17 are growing fast they look exakt like your plants and I have 4-5 AF dom:p keep is green bro..

saludos para todos true

Hi everone,
they are now 14 days old, i still have them under flourescents at the minute but within the next 2 - 4 days i shall set my grow room up and get them under the HPS, i'm not sure how long to veg these for so i'll keep an eye on how fast there growing in veg to give me a rough idea, can you tell different phenotypes this early by the shape of the leaves?,peace, Herb
000_0004.jpg

the stems are starting to thicken slightly, i'm really looking forward to seeing them progress, i'm sure they will love it when they get put under the HPS, i was hoping to get a MH for veg but i'll just make do with the 400w HPS i used on my last grow, peace, Herb
000_0011.jpg

Day 25

Hi everyone,
the AfgH2xAS are now 25 days old, i finally got the grow room up and running and they are now under the 400w HPS, out of the 5 one of them is slightly lighter in colour than the rest, not sure if its a genetic thing or needing re potted, i'll have to check the roots later,if it's not needing re potted then i might give a small feed of Grow, they look really happy and content now they're under the HPS.

I also have 2 lowryders in there as well as a side grow(on the white plates), as i've never grown these out before i thought it would be interesting to see how they turn out, i maybe should of got more than 2 in there as they yeild so low, but the main priority are the test plants
000_0007.jpg

here is a closer look at the leaves on one of the plants, they are alot more indica looking i think than the plant i'll show in the next post,hopefully i get a bit of variety in phenotypes peace
000_0008.jpg

heres the last pic for today, another plant of which the leaves look really different to the pic in the previous post, possibly more sativa leaning towards the Haze side?
000_0009.jpg

Nice. That last one def will be more sativa dom.

I am still working on sprouting some of the old widows I received...Put 12 down and nothing so far, but its all good I got a couple more tries.

Will be watching this, so thanks

A

Day 28

Hi all,
they are now 28 days old, i have to say they are smelling lovely, especially 2 of them, really powerful smell, can't wait to see them flowering, i'm gonna be changing to 12/12 from tonight onwards, this in turn will hopefully stop them growing too big,
The 4 that are in the pics together seem to be getting on great but the 1 thats in the pic on it's own doesn't look too happy, the leaves are lighter in colour, slightly burned tips and overall growing a bit slower than the others, i thought it maybe the Westlands that could be too hot but the rest aren't showing any signs of burn, does anyone know what it could be and why its only affecting the 1 plant?, peace, Herb
000_0002.jpg
000_0006.jpg
000_0014.jpg

Hi herb,

Dont know how i missed these,growing great,3 fem's aswell buzzin,is there any updates of them in flower mate,

peace.

Day 5 of 12/12

Hi Redeye,
thanks for checking in, yeah there is 3 definate females, 1 definate male and the plant that was in intensive care is slowly recovering still hasn't shown sex but i'll take that as a good sign with the females showing after the males, i was gonna bin the 1 that was ill but i'm glad i didn't.
the plants haven't recieved any nutes this far, probably start from 14 days 12/12 onwards, i will be using Bio Bizz grow and bloom again for this grow, was thinking of getting PK13/14 for week 5 but still haven't decided yet with it not being Organic?, the 2 in the pic together i think are the same phenotype - mainly indica - both giving off strong hash aroma but 1 of them is really pungent,and the tall female on its own looks alot more sat which i'm over the moon with having a bit of variety, peace, Herb
000_0007.jpg
000_0006.jpg
000_0014.jpg

here is a pic of the male ( pot sitting in red plate), the 1 thats recovering ( on the pink plate) and a group shot of them in the homemade grow room/tent, i still haven't decided if i should keep the male to collect pollen or not, i've had it out of the grow room since yesterday - keeping it in another room under natural light until i decide what to do. also in the group shot under the light theres a couple of lowryders as a side grow (at the back).
I'm really looking forward to seeing them progress through flowering, if possible im not gonna do any training/bending but if the sat looking one gets so big then ill give it a go, peace, Herb
000_0013.jpg
000_0018.jpg
000_0023.jpg

nice

Hola tio .. nice to see your grow tio.. I have one nice lady that I save she is big she show me the pussy for 6 days now lol:p I hop she is one nice lady.. more 70% haze.. love her bro and 13 males bad luck but is the way its in the grows some times..
and 3 are dead I crasch them in the grow room bad luck..

Last edited:
Day 11 of 12/12

Hello everyone,
have now reached day 11 of 12/12,they still haven't been recieving any nutes yet, will start feeding from 14 days 12/12 onward with Bio Bizz grow and bloom, the 2 that are pictured together are the ones that are giving off the strongest smell out of them all, with it being my first time growing out Afghan and Haze genetics its a great smell, those 2 are 2ft 2inches and 2ft 4inches tall, the other definate female in the red pot is also 2ft 4inches - she is definately more sativa and haze looking?, peace, Herb
000_0006.jpg
000_0009.jpg
000_0005.jpg

day 11 of 12/12

here is a pic of the 1 that was looking rather ill from the start but thankfully is starting to look alot healthier, i cut all the dead and dying leaves off that were around the bottom of the plant, it is also starting to show sex which i'm about 80% sure its female but i'll keep my fingers crossed until then, hopefully she turns out to be a really beautiful female - a real cinderella story lol, peace and love, Herb
000_0010.jpg
000_0011.jpg

2 lowryder#1'sat 50 days old - little side grow

here are the 2 lowryders at 50 days old, these have just been put at the back of the grow room as the main purpose of the grow are the test plants, it will be my first time trying lowryders so it'll be interesting to see how they compare to buds i've tried in the past, peace and much love everyone, Herb
000_0012.jpg
000_0014.jpg

Day 15 0f 12/12

Hi all,
now on day 15 of 12/12, the plant which i was pretty sure was female turned out to be male so i had to bin it, the others are growing really fast, the 2 in the pic together were the ones i thought must of been identical phenos but as you can see 1 of them is now slightly taller than the other, the tallest is 3foot 6inches, and the slightly smaller 1 is exactly 3 foot, peace
000_0004.jpg

day 15 of 12/12

here are pics from the other female, she is 3 foot 3inches, she was taller than the other 2 for quite a while but that 1 has just overtaken it height wise, the bud sites on all the plants are starting to define themselves, i think the smaller 1 in the last post is slowing down with the stretch but this 1 and the taller from the last post is still growing slightly more, i've been keeping the 400w HPS around 8-12 inches from the top ,peace,Herb
000_0013.jpg
000_0014.jpg
000_0015.jpg

day 15 of 12/12

here they all are under the 400w HPS, the 2 lowryders are in there as well, they should be ready within 2 weeks, but if the test plants are needing more room before then i'll take the lowryders out, the 2 tallest test plants are at the back and the shorter 1 is right under the light, forgot to mention the test plants have been getting 1ml grow and 1ml bloom of Bio Bizz per litre of water, they will recieve there 1 off dose of Epsom salts at around day 21 and there food dosage will increase to 2ml bloom, 1ml grow at around that time, peace all, Herb
000_0001.jpg

Back