Hemp Clones and Seeds

emma

What is the difference between Hemp Clones and Hemp Seeds? Which is better for growing Cannabis and What are the pros and cons of growing Cannabis from seeds or from clones?

clones = copies of one plant, all plants will look exactly the sae if treated the exact same, often easier to figure out end results than starting from seed.
Growing from seed allows more variety, it allows you to select a mother to take clones from that is likely different than someone elses selection from the same variety
Clones from other people sometimes come with pests and diseases you have to fight. Ive gotten clones from hydropnics growers that have thrips. IDK if you know this, but if you are a hydroponic grower, and you have thrips, you really, really fucked up because the adults live in soil and lay eggs insde leaves. if you don't have soil, but have thrips. you have a super fucking dirty hydroponics set up. sorry for the rant, "hydroponics is cleaner" they wll say, yet have mold and mildew in the bud, pest problems, and algae issues.
Seed can have this problem, but it is much rarer, and usually is restricted to bacterial and viral infection. when I say its rare, I mean it. I have planted many hundreds of cannabis plants from seed, and grown at least 4x as many clone plants as plants from seed and I have only grown one plant that looked like it had some sort of "virally infected" look to it. it looked like it had hops latent viroid or a mosaic virus.

If you actually enjoy smoking the "hype"(mac, gelato, dosido, cookie, etc) varieties, and you are in a legal market, the clones are better as the "hype" seeds are all super poly hybrids, and it may come up as good weed, but it wont be gelato like from the store shelf.
If you just like to grow plants, and just like to smoke weed, grow from seed, it is a more rewarding "gardening" experience. also, if in the legal market and you pop something amazing, you can sell cuts to commercial facilities as they are very afraid of the variability of seed runs.
for example, say you live in a legal market, but don't have the licensing to be a producer. you can hunt through stuff like nordle, find the fastest one, and sell a clone to each commercial facility(if laws allow) and make bank for something that finishes in 50 days of 12/12. I know someone who has the really old 49 day cindy 99, and someone straight offered him 20k for a cut after the guy hit the joint. He planted the seeds to find that plant, and has had it since the early 2000s He did not accept the offer of 20k. that's supposedly the same price the Tahoe OG went for when DNA bought it to make seed.

Back