Help! I think I got TMV...

pleased420

Popped some seeds in may... MKS, CBD Ghandi and SharkShock...
Here is the MKS...

DSCI1428_62tebfAs5W.jpeg

DSCI1427_ulsv5lmJ32.jpeg

Here is the SharkShock...

DSCI1426_C23XRHow9v.jpeg

Overview...

DSCI1425_oZmxrrit2B.jpeg

Do you think I should get rid of ALL the plants in this tent or should I just remove the visibly infected ones and hope for the best?
Thanks in advance...

...Before you throw all your plants out, do you have any scientific proof of TMV?...

I agree with @longball, the appearance of mottling isn’t necessarily indicative of TMV. It could be genetic like @quinxstar suggests or it could be caused by a deficiency. The rusting on some of the leaves and the burnt tips on the other plants give good clues. To rule out magnesium deficiency add 1 tablespoon of Epsom Salts per gallon of water.
TMV is rare and often infected plants present as asymptomatic and while there are some leaf deformities, I see no stunting or leaf curling. Chances are slim that all plants would be infected at the same time which leads me to believe it is not a virus. As a precaution, you could isolate or eliminate the suspected plants. Neem will not remedy a TMV situation, plants will need to be disposed of if this is the case. I would look at overwatering and nutrient deficiency first as I don't really think a scorched earth policy is necessary.
As always, sanitation and sterilization of tools and grow space is more important than ever.

mu

I will use some neem oil just in case there are any hidden pests creepin' around my tent. Will disinfect the whole place and keep a close look on all my plants...
Furthermore epsom salt will be added to my fertilizer closet...
@longball , @quinxstar , @musashi thanks for the useful tips and appreciated opinion on this subject!
Growing under LED's?
Could it be that it's a bit to strong for them?
Looks familiar.
Epsom salt should give a positive response also if it's the light.

Good luck with the grow @pleased420!

Hey @Swifty , yes everything is under LED. They are currently running @60 watts and are about 60cm/24" away from the tops. This is way beyond the manufacturer's recommendation. I try to let them stretch towards the LED. Slow grow is the way to go right now, because my little "nursery tent" is only 80x80cm/32"x32" and my SSH plants have still a long way to go I guess 😄 Thanks for chiming in 😌

Cleaned the whole tent and the room it's in. Sprayed some neem oil, because I found some little fu**ers (spider mites, oh how I hate those guys 😡). Will light a candle every sunday from now on and pray for them to go away. One MasterkushSkunk and the CBD Ghandi looked so bad (probably mutation, because spider mite damage looks different in this early stage of infestation...) that I threw them away. Will keep an close eye on the rest of the bunch... Will also pop some more seeds by tomorrow 🌱
Thank you all again for your tips and opinions, it's great to have you people looking after an unsure grower like me!
Best regards to all of you 🌱

Pray the mites away :D
I've been thinking if you can poison mites with co2?
I googled it:

"Carbon Dioxide

Another, less conventional method is to enrich the greenhouse environment with very high levels of CO2. Spider mites can be effectively controlled with CO2 when used properly and in conjunction with other methods as very high CO2 levels suffocate and poison mites.

However, like other methods, CO2 strategies can be foiled by hibernation. For instance, it can take nearly 5 days at 20% CO2 (200,000 PPMS) to suffocate hibernating spider mites (Whiting and van den Heuvel, 1995). However, at a temperature of 40C/104F it only took 15.5 hours to achieve the same results with the same amount of CO2 (a 99% kill rate). This may be due to the high temperatures forcing the spider mites our of hibernation, and also increasing their need for respiration. More information is needed on the exact temperature and CO2 amount needed to effectively suffocate spider mites.

NOTE: Growers should exercise extreme caution when utilizing CO2 generators. Please read all warning labels and understand the risks to you, those around you, and your plants."
More: https://coloradocannabisschool.net/spider-mite-guide/

Back