Hello, I'm new...

Meerkat

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I'm new to growing. English isn't my mothers tongue but I hope it is understandable.
I came to this page because a friend told me that seeds from here are tested about the hemp viroid which causes dudding disease. So I'd like to get safe seeds for my first try.

What kind of strains would you recommend for a beginner indoor? I will try Black Widow but I need two more. What do you think about the CBD Strains? Do they give a turn?
Regards, Meerkat

It is actually a hop viroid that has infected a majority of NA and EU plants. There is about an 8% chance of getting it from seeds. Seeds are relatively safe. There is more info in the Articles forum:

To get your feet wet, I would consider a skunk variety like Shit. And something with Widow in it would be the Shark Shark. Both will be ready in a fairly short time. CBD varieties will perhaps suit your medical needs better. Try the CBD Nordle or CBD Therapy. But if you want to get high, stick with the first two suggestions. Good hunting.

mu

Welcome @Meerkat Glad to have you as part of our forum family.
I came to this page because a friend told me that seeds from here are tested about the hemp viroid which causes dudding disease
I can't remember if it is in one of the Zunami threads or the Mr. Nice America thread, we hear about how Shanti uses tissue culture and is very strict about letting anything into the garden. Basically, all his mums and pops, but especially the Haze C male are pieces of Canna history and irreplaceable. If you poke around, I'm sure you'll find the post.

What kind of strains would you recommend for a beginner indoor? I will try Black Widow but I need two more. What do you think about the CBD Strains? Do they give a turn?
Great chemovar, Black Widow. I grew out a straw, unfortunately I really fucked up that grow then ended up scrapping my mom's due to security issues. I did get a few grams off of one plant. Man was it frosty and the high was super racy. I'll be revisiting the Widow later, do her some justice next time. I can't comment yet on the cbd strains, but Medicine Man and Super Silver Haze were both great. The Haze had the most amazing scent in flower, like bergamot and sour sweet tarts with just a hint of ammonia. Super happy weed, for sure. I always had a great day after taking a few puffs. The Medicine Man, short frosted plants with an oldschool aroma that just builds with a propper cure. This stuff would make amazing dry sift hash, the trichs just fall off like powdered sugar at the slightest touch.

Looking forward to your grows.
Diesel840

It is actually a hop viroid that has infected a majority of NA and EU plants. There is about an 8% chance of getting it from seeds. Seeds are relatively safe. There is more info in the Articles forum:
Thanks but that's not the actual information. HLVd was highly transmissible through hemp seeds at rates of 58 to 80% even when only one of the parents is infected. No matter if mother or father. Seeds are not safe.
December 2023 - New Insights into Hop Latent Viroid Detection, Infectivity, Host Range, and Transmission

Are the plants where the Mr. Nice seeds are from tested? Even a 8% risk was to high...

> Shark Shock
I'm thinking about the Cupwinners Combo.. it is a part of it.

I can't remember if it is in one of the Zunami threads or the Mr. Nice America thread, we hear about how Shanti uses tissue culture and is very strict about letting anything into the garden. Basically, all his mums and pops, but especially the Haze C male are pieces of Canna history and irreplaceable. If you poke around, I'm sure you'll find the post.
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I have to translate the informations by babelfish so it wasn't so easy for me to find something. Sorry if I ask something which is answered somewhere. But I will try my best :)
Shit & G13Skunk are easy to grow and quality is (y)(y)(y).

It sounds... interesting 😅 Thanks!

Back