Hello from San Diego

Thanks @Uncle Jack. Well I was wondering do you know which pack of seeds would carry the ammonia trait in the herb. I asked but still have not recieved a reply. Been on the search of this trait ever since I first tasted it 25 years ago and still have not found anything close to that old school smell. Would appreciate if you can point me to the right pack if there is one.

Welcome @Dgcloud!

By ammonia I presume that you mean catpiss?😅
Don't have first hand experience but try the search function, I'm pretty sure that I have seen people report this here.
Yes I am talking about catpiss. I've purchased from a bunch of different breeders and still have not found what I am looking for, and when I say a lot of different breeders I mean pretty much everyone who's claimed to have it, but it's just not it and I would say it's more sweet or piney then ammonia! I bought from akbeanbrain, 707, old school genetics, Sdge who was the originator of the Sam diego catpiss, also others. I still have not had the luck so wanted to see if anyone new anbout Neville's strain. I have and found a forum chat about it on here. They were saying that the old stock of nl5 x haze and inbreeding back to the haze brings out that ammonia smell, but I believe that Neville did not like that characteristic so bred for another characteristic that he liked more so I'm thinking there will be little chance of finding in his packs now. I would prob need old stock of seeds to find what I'm looking for, and just wanted to see if anyone can help me out. Sorry for the book I just wrote but I've just searched for so long with no luck!!

Thanks @Uncle Jack. Well I was wondering do you know which pack of seeds would carry the ammonia trait in the herb. I asked but still have not recieved a reply. Been on the search of this trait ever since I first tasted it 25 years ago and still have not found anything close to that old school smell. Would appreciate if you can point me to the right pack if there is one.
Allegedly, Super Silver Haze.

I don't think we specifically breed for this trait but you may find a phenotype in SSH as @Uncle Jack is suggesting or perhaps another hz/sk combination. Hope this helps.

The area for improvement was not the NL5xHz mother, SB already has cuttings of the best ever produced. The improvement would be in the SKxHz father. Later Skunk versions that were crossed with the Haze were far superior to the Skunk Hazes of the '80s.
As I have said before, inbreeding Haze especially to the same Haze ancestor leads to a greater incidence of the cat piss pheno. The Diesel or fuel like smells are an intermediate stage. NH also has more fuel type offspring than the 5Hz, but not as many as a plant inbred to HzC. NL5HzA had darker flavours than NL5HzC, but I wouldn't call it diesel.
N.
JH, SSH, Diesel and Sage were IMO all the same cutting, the ones that won the Cups. Seeds produced from these plants are often sold under the same name. I can tell you that you wouldn't want the batch that the NL5HzC x SkHzC came from. It was a "one off" in a batch full of skinny cat piss. Even 5CskC1 (new abbreviation) had a Diesel/Piss smell, and if it wasn't so quick and resinous (thank God for NL5) and so god awful strong, it wouldn't have been looked at. (I hope I'm not hurting anyone's feelings here)
In a draw full of NH and NL5C1 and NL5C122, it wouldn't get smoked at all. There are ways to improve it and experimental batches were made...

mu

I'm a huntin' too @Dgcloud
If I find, will sing out.

Was such a good pheno, I nagged this fellow for years for it, and he would never part with it. Then one day out of the blue, I got a call saying come around and grab a cutting (I nearly died of shock). I ran it for years and was known for it among certain circles, " The guy With The Catpiss Northy :D"
Had to stop my fun for a while and entrusted it to a family member who unfortunately lost it in a spell of stinking hot weather. Gutted.
Every now and then you'll cop a whiff at a gig or festival, and I'm like a bloodhound with that scent, I'll follow it and hunt it down :D

Thank you all for the support. I understand that it's held tight which is fine. As a hobbiest I just wanna find a good happy smoke for these long days. I'll keep hunting and will share. Herb is meant to be shared. Who likes smoking alone!!! It's like dinner time no one likes to eat alone. I just wanna smoke a good joint with close friends and talk about anything and everything.

I was thinking of picking the ssh and Neville haze to cross and start my hunt. I just don't want to waste anymore time and money. So thanks for all the input. Please if there's more info to be shared don't hesitate no feelings hurt here just a good convo. Thanks in advance

…I was thinking of picking the ssh and Neville haze to cross and start my hunt. I just don't want to waste anymore time and money….
We have all been down that road of time and money and that is why most of us are here.

...As a hobbiest I just wanna find a good happy smoke for these long days. I'll keep hunting and will share. Herb is meant to be shared. Who likes smoking alone!!! It's like dinner time no one likes to eat alone. I just wanna smoke a good joint with close friends and talk about anything and everything.
And dear braddah @Ken Abbis beat me to the suggestion about Mango Haze. The perfect smoke when friends are around. You might even find that you had more friends than you thought after offering this up 😊 BTW, I am smoking some MH IBL as I write this 😇
Lastly, I've found some stinky critters in the Master Kaze.

mu

Crazy world... you could have a strain that smells like a skunk and a cat were tagging the inside of a crank lab trailer and if your environment is not correct it ends up smelling like chives and over ripe Mango.

Do it correct and you have the fire..

Hey again everyone. So when I f2 the mango haze or the ssh. Should I do an open pollination, or single male? Also should I keep the pollen from the f1 males/or male to pollinate again to the f2 & f3s to find that ammonia and making it more stronger In ammonia smell or taste?

Hey again everyone. So when I f2 the mango haze or the ssh. Should I do an open pollination, or single male? Also should I keep the pollen from the f1 males/or male to pollinate again to the f2 & f3s to find that ammonia and making it more stronger In ammonia smell or taste?
a single male you have select is better with the trait(s) you desire (exemple pisscat odor) after if you use all in open pollenisation you will have a very large different kind of phenotypes

Back