Haze A only hybrids

S

Scorpion

Mango, Nevilles Haze and the rock and roll series all contain both Haze A & Haze C

Most of the others contain only the live haze C plant like Afghan Haze etc - are there any MNS strains that have only Haze A?
Any hybrid with AfghanHaze as the father is AfghanHazeA

MNS Afghan x Haze F1 is HazeC

you can only get Haze A in poly hybrid crosses...
and
You cannot get any 1to1 Haze A hybrid....in seed form,
unless Shanti gives you his old seed from Nevil and I think that is very unlikely.
Dont U?
because Haze A is dead
so no new seed can be made from this male
but his grandchildren are available in seed.

ASH
AngelBreath
Critical Haze
Early Haze >>>>>>> All Haze A grandchildren
Master Kaze
Mango Haze

Skunk x Haze f1 is HazeC
G13Haze is G13sk x HazeC

scorpion

S

Scorpion

so okay, the cross currenty being offered is nl5 hazec, but is this the same nl5 haze from back in the day or was a different haze parent used then. i realize this may b getting redundant but i have always prefered to ask stupid questions than to make stupid mistakes...
No such thing as a stupid question.
No it is NOT the same as what Nevil sold since the FEMALE NL5 was RE Selected from Nevils OLD seeds BY Shantibaba.
NL5(MNS) x HazeC F1

scorpion

B

bigherb

Elmer

I was told by shanti in Pm that the NL5 haze used the haze C male .The Nl 5 came from 88 seed stock an the famous HzC male was crossed to that .The mention of the R n R series is irrelavant as the A5 male is in shanti's possesion but that series used if I recall both haze males an a skunk from 88 .Now that is wat I recall its not fact on the haze AC,the info is out there .

1luvbigherb

Last edited:

etzchaim

Any hybrid with AfghanHaze as the father is AfghanHazeA

MNS Afghan x Haze F1 is HazeC

you can only get Haze A in poly hybrid crosses...
and
You cannot get any 1to1 Haze A hybrid....in seed form,
unless Shanti gives you his old seed from Nevil and I think that is very unlikely.
Dont U?
because Haze A is dead
so no new seed can be made from this male
but his grandchildren are available in seed.

ASH
AngelBreath
Critical Haze
Early Haze >>>>>>> All Haze A grandchildren
Master Kaze
Mango Haze

Skunk x Haze f1 is HazeC
G13Haze is G13sk x HazeC

scorpion
do you know where shanti says that he haze in ash, angels, critical, early and master are A, I knew mango was but besides NH and the hybrids with AC i didnt think any other strains were strictly made with A? And yes that is a question though grammatically it may not seem so :)

S

Scorpion

do you know where shanti says that he haze in ash, angels, critical, early and master are A, I knew mango was but besides NH and the hybrids with AC i didnt think any other strains were strictly made with A? And yes that is a question though grammatically it may not seem so :)
in pm,which I will not post.
Several years ago,I specificily asked SB for a 1 to 1 Haze A seed.
He told me Haze A was dead and that was not possible,
so he sent me ASH,which he recommended highly.
ASH linebreeds AfghanT
which is basically
AfghanSkunk X AfghanHazeA

scorpion

scorpion, thanks for that info, i never knew there was an afghanxhazeA
and there is a skunk hazeA,
are there any others?

S

Scorpion

scorpion, thanks for that info, i never knew there was an afghanxhazeA
and there is a skunk hazeA,
are there any others?
NL5HazeA
SkunkHazeA
AfghanHazeA
G13HazeA
these are the ones Ive heard about,
ask Nevil,he knows what he made with HazeA
I don't.

scorpion

i dont think so
mango would be nl5xHazeC x skunkxHazeA
and ssh would be nl5xHazeCx skunkxHazeC
the ac male is in a way nl5A x skunkxhazeC

Yosemite Sam

Hi,

Imho the closest thing possible to the Haze male A today is the NL5xHzA(f1).
I think/hope shanti has her around.
It is the nicest, purest and strongest Haze A crossing made.
The NL5 was specially selected to use as a mother for nevils hybrids for 2 reasons:
1- it didn't have a strong taste/aroma/smell to let the haze males characteristics in taste/aroma/smell take the upperhand in the hybrids
2- she was a huge yielder.

Imho the skunk/hazeA crosses are inferior to the 5HzA cause the skunk taste/smell/aroma always takes the upperhand in the hybrid.

When shanti released his R&R series i was intrigued by the Haze AC Male. So i asked him for the right pedigree and here is what he told me:

Originally Posted by shantibaba:
The Haze AC male is made with both males combining inside a single bred line so Haze A to NL5 was made a long time ago and it was then joined and selected to Haze C as you rightly picked the combination.The NL5 x HzA was old seed selected from nev seed from 1988 seed stock and then combined to the Hz C we still have wroking to this day....no secrets with our breeding combinations....hope that helps all the best sb

As far as i can tell there's no skunk in the male AC.
In fact it is a half/brother of the NevHz.

YS

Last edited:
B

bigherb

Hi,

Imho the closest thing possible to the Haze male A today is the NL5xHzA(f1).
I think/hope shanti has her around.
It is the nicest, purest and strongest Haze A crossing made.
The NL5 was specially selected to use as a mother for nevils hybrids for 2 reasons:
1- it didn't have a strong taste/aroma/smell to let the haze males characteristics in taste/aroma/smell take the upperhand in the hybrids
2- she was a huge yielder.

Imho the skunk/hazeA crosses are inferior to the 5HzA cause the skunk taste/smell/aroma always takes the upperhand in the hybrid.

When shanti released his R&R series i was intrigued by the Haze AC Male. So i asked him for the right pedigree and here is what he told me:

Originally Posted by shantibaba:
The Haze AC male is made with both males combining inside a single bred line so Haze A to NL5 was made a long time ago and it was then joined and selected to Haze C as you rightly picked the combination.The NL5 x HzA was old seed selected from nev seed from 1988 seed stock and then combined to the Hz C we still have wroking to this day....no secrets with our breeding combinations....hope that helps all the best sb

As far as i can tell there's no skunk in the male AC.
In fact it is a half/brother of the NevHz.

YS
Sup unc

Great post ,Thanks for sharing your opinion an experience

Soo as I understand the haze AC is just a male verison of Nevil hazes only difference being a newly selected ,NL5 haze A from 88 seed stock. I'm happy to know there is still A5 seed stock in the valut ,maybe one day we will see a release

1luvbigherb

bushweed

It is indeed confusing, because in the strains section Doors is described thus:

Heritage: NL5Hz x HzAC
Family of breed: 25% Afghan, 75% Haze

This description indicates that HzAC is a 100% Haze combined to NL5Hz - a 50% haze, thus making Doors a 75% Haze (and I have read people on here recounting that Doors is equivalent to Neville's Haze), but we have seen Shanti say that HzAC is a 50% Haze, thus making Doors another 50% haze hybrid a la SSH, Mango, Afghan Hz etc..

So the strain description for Doors should read:

Heritage: NL5Hz x (NL5(HazeA(2)) x SkHz/HazeC )
Family of breed: 37.5% Afghan, 12.5% Skunk, 50% Haze

Funny that.

alecky

Although i havn't really got a clue what your all talking about,bar your talking about haze, :confused:this thread is a great read,no fighting,no BS and even an apology,way to go!!

H

hempy

The message you have entered is too short Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Last edited:
C

coop

And its starting to smell

Yes hempy. Everyone sees things differently.

Care to elaborate on the bullshit in this conversation?

H

hempy

The message you have entered is too short Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Last edited:
I

itsbenfun

It is indeed confusing, because in the strains section Doors is described thus:

Heritage: NL5Hz x HzAC
Family of breed: 25% Afghan, 75% Haze

This description indicates that HzAC is a 100% Haze combined to NL5Hz - a 50% haze, thus making Doors a 75% Haze (and I have read people on here recounting that Doors is equivalent to Neville's Haze), but we have seen Shanti say that HzAC is a 50% Haze, thus making Doors another 50% haze hybrid a la SSH, Mango, Afghan Hz etc..

So the strain description for Doors should read:

Heritage: NL5Hz x (NL5(HazeA(2)) x SkHz/HazeC )
Family of breed: 37.5% Afghan, 12.5% Skunk, 50% Haze

Funny that.
My question then is if all 3 parents of the Doors are 50% haze, how can the offspring only be 50% haze? Especially selecting for haze traits? Maybe its a bit of a stretch saying its equivalent to Nevils haze. A more practical, higher yeilding, 75%(or close to it) Haze seems within reason to me.

well, if you had afghan x haze C (female, 50/50%)
and crossed it to skunk haze A (male, 50/50%)

you would have 25% afghan, 25%skunk,50%haze

cross that to nl5 haze A(50/50%)
you would have 12.5 afghan, 12.5 skunk, 25% nl5, and 50% haze.

thats how.

odd that there are two seperate accounts from shanti about what the haze ac male is. one sounds just like nevils haze, and the other is the one i remember reading, that it has skunk haze in it.

is it skunk haze A/haze C or skunk haze C/hazeC that is the father?

all these A's and C's get confusing!

but i just thought, mns should have the parents to make
afghan ca (afghan x haze C) x (afghan x haze A)
skunk ca (skunk x haze C) x (skunk x haze A)
nl5 ac (nl5 haze A) x (nl5 x haze C

wonder if those have been tried