Has Anybody The Experience Of Pharmaceutical Meds That Prohibit The Effects Of Cannabis?

Jammy Git

This is a little bit confusing but I wonder if any other patients have experienced pharmaceutical drugs negating the effects of cannabis?
Personally, I have experienced this for about the last 10 years or so and it's a bit sad because I always found the effects of cannabis to be quite enjoyable.
It's not just cannabis that this happened with, I haven't touched any alcohol for years but on the few occasions that I did, I could drink quite a lot of whiskey, brandy, vodka and not feel remotely tipsy....even after half a bottle or more 😵

I find the alcohol thing pretty dangerous so I don't touch it these days, but the cannabis thing makes me sad.
Has anyone else experienced this? I've been prescribed meds for nearly 25 years for chronic pain, PTSD, depression, and anxiety, so who knows what effects all that crap have on our minds and bodies.
Thanks in advance guys 👍✌️

I have a friend who takes bipolar meds plus Klonopin, and cannabis gives her little to no high, even with edibles. But bipolar patients often have opposite reactions that non-bipolar do. An example of this is receiving an anesthetic such as Propofol and it causing a manic attack rather than sedation. Anyway, I believe that any mental health drug has the potential to curb/eliminate THC euphoria. Have you tried higher dose non-THC edibles to help with your ailments? The amount of CBD in dispensary edibles is often too low to really work well. I use capsules that have 25mg ea CBD/CBG/CBN, in addition to Tylenol, as a good substitute for Oxycontin for back disc pain. If that's not enough, I take 2 of the caps. It's nice to have pain relief with no drowsiness.

I have a friend who takes bipolar meds plus Klonopin, and cannabis gives her little to no high, even with edibles. But bipolar patients often have opposite reactions that non-bipolar do. An example of this is receiving an anesthetic such as Propofol and it causing a manic attack rather than sedation. Anyway, I believe that any mental health drug has the potential to curb/eliminate THC euphoria. Have you tried higher dose non-THC edibles to help with your ailments? The amount of CBD in dispensary edibles is often too low to really work well. I use capsules that have 25mg ea CBD/CBG/CBN, in addition to Tylenol, as a good substitute for Oxycontin for back disc pain. If that's not enough, I take 2 of the caps. It's nice to have pain relief with no drowsiness.
Thank you very much for your input HHHG.
I don't suffer from bipolar but have been taking meds to treat PTSD, depression, insomnia, plus heavy duty painkillers like oxycontin and liquid morphine (oramorph).
I'm inclined to agree about mental health drugs curbing the effects of cannabis because I have made 'brownies' with 2 grammes of cannabis per brownie and they didn't affect me one bit. I've been prescribed 40% THC oil and that doesn't affect me.
I don't really touch booze but when I do, that doesn't affect me either.....even after half a bottle of spirits 🤷‍♂️

Very interesting HHHG, one of my old friends who was also my go to guy has bi polar, and often he would ring me up saying he had the best/ strongest stuff he'd ever had. Other times he'd say he had shit or it was weak af. Usually I found the opposite. the rocket fuel he had declared was barely getting me high, but the shwag he didnt want was making me sit there mouth open staring at the wall.

With the thc euphoria, I also find tolerance is the quickest thing to get rid of it for me.

Very interesting HHHG, one of my old friends who was also my go to guy has bi polar, and often he would ring me up saying he had the best/ strongest stuff he'd ever had. Other times he'd say he had shit or it was weak af. Usually I found the opposite. the rocket fuel he had declared was barely getting me high, but the shwag he didnt want was making me sit there mouth open staring at the wall.

With the thc euphoria, I also find tolerance is the quickest thing to get rid of it for me.
Interesting Lozac, cheers for your input 👍
I never used to have problems with tolerance, I was a half ounce a week guy, every week for 20+ years and always got the effects from it.
Until I started on the pharmaceutical meds.
Now, if I have a break from cannabis for a month, I will almost trip out, start vibrating, nearly to the point of passing out 😆
Then the next day it doesn't work again. Maybe I'll have to review my meds, or try just cannabis to see if that helps me.
At least it looks like it's not just me ✌️

Back