grow room addition

mattkilla420

Well folks for all that dont know my names matt. friends call me killa. Im a complete noob to the indoor growing world and have gotten myself of to a great start, I think.
Well look what came in the mail today!!!
IMG_20120412_193820.jpg

Ordered it on Monday night and got here today. SWEET!!. Its a 4" inline fan rated at 155CFM. .
IMG_20120412_194253.jpg
Already had an existing 4" hole cut thru two sheets of drywall getting out of closet and then into next room.I used a drywall saw and traced a circle and cut it out. Now I put in drywall anchors in the ceiling to hold the support chains. Two chains for the filter and one for the fan. Duct taped the fan exhaust to the 4" ducting i inserted in the cut out hole. Also duct taped the ducting to hole for no air leaks.attached the filter with a 4" duct clamp. And hung everything up!!
IMG_20120412_205716.jpg
It is actually very quiet to say the least. Not very much louder than a reagular house fan. Now we'll see how good this "DEAL" of a filter lasts me...

Here is the Final product with the girls back in their spots!!
IMG_20120412_210905.jpg

Oh man arnt they great? That super silver in the front right has definitly hit its stretch phase. grew like 2 inches in 2 days!!Hopefully i can pull this off with this much light.:D:D
IMG_20120412_210925.jpg

If you could get hold of some spare empty buckets/pots, turn them upside down and place the shorter plants on them, then the smaller plants would get more light and won't end up so stretchy.

You gonna bother with that sick looking soil plant? It might be a good idea to cull it and give yourself a bit more room in your grow space.

Looking good :)

GM1

Veg Room Setup

Well I got a little bit accomplished towards my new VEG room!! Now my T5 and bulbs are not supposed to be here til thurs so I wanted to get things started so it will be ready when the T5 arrives. I am using a "Hallway" that connects my dining room to my sunroom. This " hallway happens to be on the exact opposite wall of the current grow room. So they will be side by side. Got some Panda paper hung up to enclose the open doorway. I built a small wooden frame for the small black Honeywell fan and screwed the frame into the top of the doorway and made some clean cuts for the fan to blow thru. This is goin to be my extraction fan for this room as i will have another small oscilating fan at plant level. this is why i decided to go with the CFL , i was told they were much cooler.!! The ducting runnin thru this room is the ducting from the inline fan in the main flower room it is carryin out the skylight!! heres a few pics to illustrate
IMG_20120415_200752.jpg
And the opposite side of the panda paper...
IMG_20120415_200837.jpg

IMG_20120415_201015.jpg
A general view of both grows. You can see the doors to the flower closet through the window panes. Hopefully condensing and keeping these rooms close together will help keep smell down to a minnimum. They are both blowing air into a sunroom with skylights!and that door with the window panes is ALWAYS closed!

Hey Matt, how do you have your panda film sealed to the wall? Is it packing tape, or velcro? Any tape Ive ever tried eventually comes off, but Im loving using velcro to keep my panda film doors up. Works great.

Looking good Matt.
That fan and filter will make your plants happier and help keep you safer.
On your veg area, I understand you are using your 8" fan to push exhaust. where does the intake air come from (besides around the cracks in the panda paper ;-)

Keep thinking about security like I see you are and you will do great.
Cheers,
cptn

Hey Matt, how do you have your panda film sealed to the wall? Is it packing tape, or velcro? Any tape Ive ever tried eventually comes off, but Im loving using velcro to keep my panda film doors up. Works great.

I used a light duty hand held staple gun. Smallest staples i could find and stapled it every couple inches down. The velcro sounds very useful as you can put it up and down in secs.

Looking good Matt.
That fan and filter will make your plants happier and help keep you safer.
On your veg area, I understand you are using your 8" fan to push exhaust. where does the intake air come from (besides around the cracks in the panda paper ;-)

Keep thinking about security like I see you are and you will do great.
Cheers,
cptn

The intake will prob be coming from the small space under the door i use to access it , opposite of the panda paper. I dont rreally want it coming in from panda paper side because thats the sunroom and the temps in there can get hot. So i think it will draw from under the door opposite which is an air conditioned room. Yea man , my mom just gave me a staghorn fern and i keep adding to my collection in my sunroom. Couple of ferns few hanging baskets and nobodys gonna see nothing inside this room! :)

Back