Grover's SSH selection grow from seed

here are a few photos of some plants I found in a pack of SSH.
I culled the indicas and anything that didn't smell...
..I only want to concentrate on the best plants.

You can see that I found 2 sativa-leaning 'hazes'. 1 is more sativa than the other.

I also found a NL-like plant that looks fantastic but doesn't smell as strong at all.

The other plant I kept growing was very fluffy but stank the most.

I will only keep cuts of the 2 hazes. I want to grow them with 1 or 2 Mango Hazes to see which wins.

The smells of the 2 hazes are very floral. The slightly less hazy plant is a bit like cut grass, flowers, soap and honey. Sometimes I detect a hint of pepper. The other, more hazy plant is similar but more floral, like jasmine or gardenia or honeysuckle and slightly vanilla, maybe. It also smells a bit stronger and has more resin.

The fluffy one smells similar, too...floral and soapy and sweet.

Enjoy the bud-candy. The plants are now 9 weeks in flower (except tallest which is only 8 weeks in.)

Grover

Last edited:
Many apologies but I can't seem to upload the photos right now.
Shame but I'll try again soon.
I thought they'd sorted out the 'uploading' problem.. maybe I missed something.

I posted the photos in my Gallery. That seemed to work OK.

Last edited:
Many apologies but I can't seem to upload the photos right now.
Shame but I'll try again soon.
I thought they'd sorted out the 'uploading' problem.. maybe I missed something.

I posted the photos in my Gallery. That seemed to work OK.

Yeah I think the site is having a problem "Please do not upload any attachment in the forum within the next 2days. Thank you for your cooperation." said this for like a month. lol

Can't wait to see them though I just got my cleaning pack with 100 seeds will be starting the selection in about a month. :D

Hi AC,

Thanks for stopping by.

If you press the "gallery" button then you should see the pics. They uploaded to the gallery fine - just the attachments I'm struggling with.

I'm loving growing this strain at the moment. There are some very interesting plants in there.

Enjoy!

Looking nice grover one of these days I will get around to growing her out. Anyway nice to see you about mate I haven't seen you posting for a while.

Cheers Brock, Primal Haze.

Try these photos for resin!

I took this plant down today. NL sort of pheno. Sweet smell, like NL.

Damn - still can't upload photos. I'll add them to the album until problem is resolved... :(

Last edited:
I'm not sure how to post the full size images... i couldnt figure it out

SSHz5.jpg

Hi Olympus,

Actually, PrimalHaze has kindly posted one of the photos from my album onto the thread for me (thanks, PH) - but thanks for the dibs!!

the veg is very very short for seedlings. Just let the seedling harden off then flip it.. The frosty plant was taken down yesterday (I have more photos to post when I can - check the album for a couple of them...) it took 10 weeks, almost exactly - but from cutting that should be about 8 weeks.

The next plant will come down in about a week and the hazy pair will take much longer (at LEAST a couple more weeks. One of them is developing the FATTEST buds :D )

My advise is to go for the longer flowering sativas (they are always the taller ones - easy to identify early) as they taste better and get you much higher. The skunk/NL ones are also good, though - for a change. I cull all the real indica phenos. If I wanted an indica I wouldn't be planting SSH now, would I?

Last edited:
Resinleaves.jpg

So, here is the NL pheno, which was chopped yesterday.

As you can see, there is resin ahoy!

The smell is very Northern Lights-y (?) sort of honey. It lacks the floral notes of the other 3 plants.

The flower quality is as good as I've seen, really..

flowers.JPG

Last edited:
Now time for a different pheno type...

These 2 ladies are of a haze phenotype. One is more delicate than the other but I prefer the other one. It has HUGE buds on it now.

Both carry a floral aroma with peppery notes underneath. One is more vanilla-like in the floral quality (such as Jasmine/Honeysuckle/Gardenia) whereas the other is brighter and more peppery.

They each shine with a silvery covering of small, glistening resin glands.

The taller, more delicate, plant has a stronger aroma but doesn't have quite the phenomenal yield of her sister (though you certainly can't complain!) Both will, I have no doubt, get me high as a kite (confirmation to follow in the weeks to come...)

To my mind, the slightly shorter girl is classic Super Silver Haze. Christmas tree shaped plant with many arms, each carrying massive, dense buds all the way into the centre and a HUGE bubalub on the end, weighing the branch down. She has vigorous growth and carries a floral/soapy aroma with a peppery finish and a covering of shimmering, silver resin glands. Thank you Lord. :eek:

SSHz7.jpg

SSHz6.jpg

SSHz2.jpg

I know - not the greatest view. Too much else in the way. Still, there she is.

These photos were taken a few days back. The plant is even more impressive now!

Back