Groundweller's Master Kaze days

groundweller

Here we go…this will be my spot of ground for the Master Kaze tester seeds. I will be finishing up this ssh grow and will get these guys and girls a head start in my special veg room with a 2 tier closet of 24” x24” 36”h with 2 - 48” long floro hanging on end in the corner giving 24” of side light and on the ceiling another 24” floro and white walls.It is lite proof and can be operating in same area of main gr without leaks. I need to figure the air exchange with out lite leaks but works well as is by changing air frequently. I like to veg for at least 6 weeks but will do a few at 4 weeks etc and will germ the whole bunch.
I will also be very high as my ssh should be just about right for my head at the Master Kaze 4 week mark :0 lolo The main grow area is 6’ x 10” x 7’ ceiling with 100hps/mh in organic soil with fish emulsion seaweed extract and bone blood meal and the old standby mollassess. Now was that a knock,I heard…..all the best to all the growers participating and let’s hope this will be a good expieiance for alll and seriously concidered again to take part in the advancement of good stuff….yaaaaaa :p

light/dark scenarios, confused

I would like to try a couple of girls outside but by looking at the light chart for 45* N latitude states sept 16th has still 12.30 hours of light. Can anyone explain because I figure there are peeps growing outside around here:confused:

hi groundweller,

not all cannabis strains need 12 hrs of darkness, some will flower with 12.30 or even more hours of light.

Some Sativas need 12hrs of darkness, esp equatorial ones to flower properly, but many other stains will start with 11.30 or less hrs dark to flower.

have fun and good luck with your grow

Thanks L33t, for that explaination. I have been scratching my head on this one for awhile seeing that growing indoors it seems imperative to have at least 12 hrs of darkness or "all hell will break lose" lolol because if you stray from that anything can happen like hermies and slow flowering and god forbid the light leaks when half the time the nights are bright as heck...No wonder I'm confused...not smoking enough ssh I guess .GW:)

Groundweller,

regarding darkness , plants that grow indoors can tolerate lower light levels as far as light during the dark cycle goes. Outdoors same plants seem to be able to take higher levels of light during the dark cycle, can even flower with full moon without showing stress probs..
Perhaps it has to do with the fact that indoors lighting is different..or there may be other factors , gravity from moon might be also affecting plants' response..I don't really know but there seem to be different plant responses indoors vs outdoors.

hi groundweller,

not all cannabis strains need 12 hrs of darkness, some will flower with 12.30 or even more hours of light.

Some Sativas need 12hrs of darkness, esp equatorial ones to flower properly, but many other stains will start with 11.30 or less hrs dark to flower.

have fun and good luck with your grow

With respect bro, but just to remind others who forgot ...
Canna are in group of plants who will start to reproduce self in less then 14 hours of light or 10 hours of dark, cause she recognize and light and dark.
That is biologic group of photosensitive plants.Group of 12/12 doesnt exist.But that is light cicle which are presented in plant Full flow phase.So we use him for inside.

Even more all plants recognize gravity who are important for transportation and straight growth.That starting with sprouts,no matter how you put him in the medium he roots will go down.
Light cicle are resposible for hormons producing,and food making/monosaharides.

Outside,Canna staring to flow bottom 14/10 cause she recognize day light cicle changings of couple minuts.
At spring ,she start at 14/10 but recognize light ciclus and changings of couple min per day and will not start to flow...so cicle goes to 18/6 ...well how goes up now goes down.
So she will start to flow on 14/10 (Avg).
Photosensitive plants have very precise photometric system on which Canon and Nikon but Olympus too can be only jealous. :D

''At spring ,she start at 14/10 but recognize light ciclus and changings of couple min per day and will not start to flow...so cicle goes to 18/6 ...well how goes up now goes down.''

hi BlizzOut,

I believe you are wrong on this mate. If you take a mature plant or clone from a mature mother it will start to flower in early spring..
The reason they don't do so in nature is cause they are not ready yet by early spring ,hormonally, as they need 3-5 weeks from seed or so to be able/ready to start to flower.

just a thought.

Good luck with the KazeDaze, G-Dubbz :D

When is traditional first frost? If it's mid-late October or later, you will be able to grow lotsa strains outside. I'm just north of 40 deg, with a sort of early F.Frost (~Oct 25ish, 20 miles east it's ~Nov10ish.), and I finished most of my strains by Oct 15 last year. I had 1 ssh cross, and 1 freak nl/sk that didn't really finish maturing, but they still smoked great :D

@45 deg
Trigger by Aug 15.
9 weeks to Oct 17.

The SSH cross that didn't really finish (I did finish ~5 other plants with the same ssh daddy) survived a week of ~30 deg temps, but a night in the mid 20's finished her for me. First hard frost came ~2weeks early for me last year.

''At spring ,she start at 14/10 but recognize light ciclus and changings of couple min per day and will not start to flow...so cicle goes to 18/6 ...well how goes up now goes down.''

hi BlizzOut,

I believe you are wrong on this mate. If you take a mature plant or clone from a mature mother it will start to flower in early spring..
The reason they don't do so in nature is cause they are not ready yet by early spring ,hormonally, as they need 3-5 weeks from seed or so to be able/ready to start to flower.

just a thought.
Hey L33t ;)

No my bro,I believe if you take clone like that from mature plant and put outside at Apr or beg of May ... it will start to flow cause mom are keeped under 18/6 but not 14/10 and 15/9 what are day light cicle in Apr/May.
So, by very precise canna photometric system that 2-3 hours less are disaster and she rush to reproduce self.

All seedlings or better say plants what I planing for outside growth I keep under 15/9 or 15,30/8,30 and never got early flow.
Canna do not produce hormones to till preflovering.
Hormones are responsible for hermies, you can never got hermie in veg phase.
Any hermie are genetic/hormones answer on stress.

U have grows with 12/12 all the time and seedlings start showing sex after just two weeks.
Autoflow are totally different and btw I dont like them.
L33t mate, do not take me this for bad.If Im wrong just tell me how.

Just to try to answer on groundweller Q.

@groundweller bro, I believe to number 12,30h of light you have from some site.
Well u have 3 photometric calculations by which you got 3 different times of sunrise and sunset.
http://www.sunrisesunset.com/definitions.html

Now that 12,30h of light are 12,30h by nautical counting but plants react on twilight and twilight recognize like begining of day so you need Civil sunrise/sunset.
Well, if you can not finde that light cicle you just need to put 30-45min on sunrise and 30-45 min on sunset(means 1h-1h 30min on your 12,30) and you got reall light cicle on which plants will react.

I talking tooo much right ? lol :D

Thanks Blizzout and l33t for that info. I'll have to study your explaination a bit more as my broken english is not that good lol. Great info ..keep er commin blizz:) GW

Good luck with the KazeDaze, G-Dubbz :D

When is traditional first frost? If it's mid-late October or later, you will be able to grow lotsa strains outside. I'm just north of 40 deg, with a sort of early F.Frost (~Oct 25ish, 20 miles east it's ~Nov10ish.), and I finished most of my strains by Oct 15 last year. I had 1 ssh cross, and 1 freak nl/sk that didn't really finish maturing, but they still smoked great :D

@45 deg
Trigger by Aug 15.
9 weeks to Oct 17.

The SSH cross that didn't really finish (I did finish ~5 other plants with the same ssh daddy) survived a week of ~30 deg temps, but a night in the mid 20's finished her for me. First hard frost came ~2weeks early for me last year.

thanks patricstar my man...gw:cool:

cool

Man o man talk about the weather around this spring!! So cool , makes growing indoors hard lol 4 *c winds @ 35 miles an hour brrrrr I wonder how tough he Master Kaze is at 45* N on a cool October eve...hummm.we may see..I may have a spot..:D:cool:

man, its been gettin chilly at night here, but not like that.

i bet putting a few outdoors there would be a good idea, from a test point of view ;)

Hi amoril and that was a daytime temp! today High of 10*C and Thursday is supposed to be a High of 28*C. Yes from a testing stand point for Shanti could carner some valuable information for growing in these contrasting conditions. We have had snow in June but rarely lolo....Also glad to say my test seeds arrived today and I'll germinate 12 seeds in my paper towel method in a zip lock baggie after this post. I am not a stamp collecter but I love the foreign stamps on the mail,nice.GW ripping of a paper towel hooorayy...This is going to be good...yaaaaa

Last edited:
On your mark/ get set......

I will be growing these MK test seeds in my regular organic self made mix with a base of Pro Mix which has in it humus,organic compost, dolmite,spag peat moss, perlite, and I add a little bone/blood meal.
I will be potting up as I go and plan on growing 6 -12/12 from seed and 6 vegged for 4 weeks with a combination of florals and MH 24/0 with some odd dark hours and then on to 12/12. I haven't decided yet whether to flower totally with mh or hps. 1000 watts and main grow area is 6 x 10 with 7' cieling and 6" extraction fan with room under slight negative pressure and a separate 2 tier cabinet 24" x24" x24" perfect for vegging while main room is flowering and absolutely light proof but haven't figured the light proof air exchange in there!!:D. So that was some ground work done to help Shanti see what type of grow area his Kaze baby's will be housed for awhile Now everyone get down in that hole I dug for ya..lolo

All 11 seeds pop their tap roots with in 48 hrs and approx 3 or 4 within 24 hrs.

Attachments

• aprilpics 153.jpg
    aprilpics 153.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 4
  • aprilpics 154.jpg
    aprilpics 154.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 3
Fisrt sign of life 24 hrs later.They will be numbered as they pop the surface. Now introducing Mk #1 and Mk #2.Ta da.gw

Here comes Master Kaze #'s 3, 4 and 5. These 5 MK will be 11/13 light/dark from seed under my 1000hps which has been used for 6th successive grows over 2 years.I am looking at purchacing a new bulb thinking lumens eventually lessen with use. It still is good and plenty of good light for the testers as I have placed them in optimal spots in the already flowering room:) the other 6 as I said earlier once they pop soil I'll veg for at least 4 weeks and maybe more ,we'll see:cool: I feel like the old snail when asked after he got jump by two turtles what happened to him and he said," I don't know, it all happened so fast! lololo

Back