GreySeer's Little Giant Grow Log

GreySeer

Hey everyone, I figured I'd throw up some shots of the plants in my garden and log what's going on. I am very space constrained in my grow space, so I've got a couple small tents tucked into the spare spaces in my townhouse for clones/seeds, mom/veg and finally flowering. I also have a good spot on my roof deck for outdoor adventures during the summer. This is my first year outdoors and I'm really enjoying it.

Currently I don't have any MNS lines growing but I just took delivery of 4 different MNS strains. A couple different Haze hybrids and MKS.

I do actually have an MNS ancestor outdoors. This is my lovely Garfunkel by Bodhi Seeds. She's a cross of Ohio Dumpster x 88g13/HP. As you can see the 88g13HP shines right on through in that nice chalice shape.

PXL_20210806_214426061.jpg

I barely did any training, a pinch here and there and I cleaned up the bottom couple branches for airflow. Otherwise it just did it's own thing!

Here she is starting flowering a few days ago:

PXL_20210806_215537466.jpg

A little bit of mild yellowing I believe was caused by my watering it with too much water, too infrequently for how dry and hot it's been. Nothing that will keep it down really but I know better for next time.

Last edited:
Here's my favorite phenotype of the Girl Scout Cookies x Cherry Pie I was sold as Wedding Cake. The fruity fox-tailing phenotype. I'm super excited to see how its buds look under the sun. Already she's got WAY skinnier leaves outside. they were the skinniest inside but it's more pronounced under Mr. Sun's punishing +90f heat and <20% RH at 5280'.
PXL_20210806_215453021.jpg

Her structure is kind of a challenge though. Thin hollow stems and vine-like growth tips that stretch wildly. It requires more maintenance to keep things orderly than I gave it!

PXL_20210806_215139323.jpg

I did pinch the top on this one and it is from a clone, but it will take ANY excuse to grow like a vine with no defined structure. I'm height limited so I had to top it to keep it from getting broken by wind. This strain seems to just elect side branches to stretch even without topping and let them grow taller than the meristem. I suspect she'd yield a lot with mainlining and a scrog and some careful training to fill the net.

Last edited:
Littles indoors

Front Row:
  1. Grandma's Hashplant bagseed by Bodhi Seeds - (IreneOG x 88g13/HP) x (something bodhi, might be an F2)
  2. Capulator MAC and Cheese - (MAC x UK Cheese) #1
  3. Capulator MAC and Cheese - (MAC x UK Cheese) #2
  4. Elev8 Lemon Snow Cone - (Lemon Tree x Super Lemon Haze) #1
  5. Elev8 Lemon Snow Cone - (Lemon Tree x Super Lemon Haze) #3
  6. Canuk Seeds Amnesia (Haze maybe?)
Back Row:
  1. Neglected Chamomile
  2. Wedding Cake #1 mom
  3. Neglected Parsley
  4. Wedding Cake #4 mom
  5. Three Garfunkel clones vegging out to pick one for a mom and a flower run in my DWC

PXL_20210814_051237106 (3).jpg

I'm waiting on some other plants in my clone tent to finish sprouting and I'll prune up the moms and take new clones. The seedlings will get topped and kept in a holding pattern until they can be sexed. I'm thinking of ways to expedite that process. Sort of leaning towards taking clones as soon as I can and putting them in the clone tent on 12/12 to see preflower.

We shall see, it's my first time trying this so suggestions are more than welcome.

Looks like that roof area would provide a nice environment for your plants.

🤙Mu

It's real nice, we've been trying to upgrade it into a comfy spot for humans and plants to chill!

We do get some pretty intense winds at times but I have a little walled box around the AC Condenser that fits my three 15 gallon pots nicely. I ran some dripper lines in and have them on adjustable mini sprinklers. It's wind protection, it keeps prying eyes away and being 3 stories up keeps the insect invaders to the ones that can fly. We setup a little garden bed outside the box with some companion plants.

Damn if the sunflowers didn't attract half the neighborhoods ladybugs and a horde of paper wasps to patrol the girls for aphids and other delectable pests.

Local IPM crew? ✔

Hey everyone, I figured I'd throw up some shots of the plants in my garden and log what's going on. I am very space constrained in my grow space, so I've got a couple small tents tucked into the spare spaces in my townhouse for clones/seeds, mom/veg and finally flowering. I also have a good spot on my roof deck for outdoor adventures during the summer. This is my first year outdoors and I'm really enjoying it.

Currently I don't have any MNS lines growing but I just took delivery of 4 different MNS strains. A couple different Haze hybrids and MKS.

I do actually have an MNS ancestor outdoors. This is my lovely Garfunkel by Bodhi Seeds. She's a cross of Ohio Dumpster x 88g13/HP. As you can see the 88g13HP shines right on through in that nice chalice shape.

View attachment 53077

I barely did any training, a pinch here and there and I cleaned up the bottom couple branches for airflow. Otherwise it just did it's own thing!

Here she is starting flowering a few days ago:

View attachment 53078

A little bit of mild yellowing I believe was caused by my watering it with too much water, too infrequently for how dry and hot it's been. Nothing that will keep it down really but I know better for next time.
Beautifully shaped plant 😍

H
Littles indoors

Front Row:
  1. Grandma's Hashplant bagseed by Bodhi Seeds - (IreneOG x 88g13/HP) x (something bodhi, might be an F2)
  2. Capulator MAC and Cheese - (MAC x UK Cheese) #1
  3. Capulator MAC and Cheese - (MAC x UK Cheese) #2
  4. Elev8 Lemon Snow Cone - (Lemon Tree x Super Lemon Haze) #1
  5. Elev8 Lemon Snow Cone - (Lemon Tree x Super Lemon Haze) #3
  6. Canuk Seeds Amnesia (Haze maybe?)
Back Row:
  1. Neglected Chamomile
  2. Wedding Cake #1 mom
  3. Neglected Parsley
  4. Wedding Cake #4 mom
  5. Three Garfunkel clones vegging out to pick one for a mom and a flower run in my DWC

View attachment 53081

I'm waiting on some other plants in my clone tent to finish sprouting and I'll prune up the moms and take new clones. The seedlings will get topped and kept in a holding pattern until they can be sexed. I'm thinking of ways to expedite that process. Sort of leaning towards taking clones as soon as I can and putting them in the clone tent on 12/12 to see preflower.

We shall see, it's my first time trying this so suggestions are more than welcome.
Holy crap, getting anxiety just thinking about how busy you’re going to be with all them plants!! Still quite jealous though!

A quick shot of the trio in the morning light. :coffee:
trio.jpg
The 88g13/hp girl is way out in front of the other two.
flow.jpg
Looking at this plant I really think it'd be cool if @shantibaba could unearth some G13/HP or pure HP from the freezers for reproduction.

It's such a nicely structured plant with some interesting terps. I'm not doing it justice here, as I had a bit of an over watering mishap with my automated watering. I've got things back on track now but probably at a hit to the grow quality.

Quick shots of the other two girls.

The Sativa leaning foxtailing pheno. Showing a little pink.
sat.jpg
Crinkle leafed cherry pie leaner that finishes quick but had little flavor or scent after cure. I like her reddish fans though.
cher.jpg

Indoor update:

One male M&C was up potted to a 1 gallon and put outside to start ripening his flowers. I'll collect some pollen to freeze for later.

He's not resinous yet but you can see the little white glints. I'll give him the royal treatment if he starts frosting up.

man.jpg

Some more (arguable) MNS content, Grandma's Hashplant seedling on the left next to an Amnesia plant. That Amnesia really hates that small pot. I may need to up pot her soon.

I just topped them and will be putting the hashplant and the remaining M&C in a small tent on 12/12 to encourage preflower. I'm really hoping for a female this time! If I get one I'll get clones ready to flower.

gma.jpg

Everyone came down earlier in the month. The bounty was a little lighter than my usual indoor hydro runs. But what I lost in mass was made up in flavor I feel. Next outdoor season I'll be doing more teas, better soil, more careful watering, an IPM and foliar routine, and putting out more developed plants in spring.

The smoke is nice though, I've had a pre-cure joint and just now had some in the vape. It has a light sour citrus smell and taste. The high is solidly middle of the road, not nap inducing but also not a motivator. There's something else in the flavor I can't quite put my finger on. I'll press some of this in a week to see if I can figure it out from a concentrate.

Because the yield wasn't large and it had tons of budsites on the main branches, I'm giving the hashplant another go in DWC from clone. I suspect with a strong feed, fewer branches and a tuned environment it'll stretch more and fatten up all those budsites. I've pruned them to 4 colas each, they've been on 12/12 a week today. You can already see the phenotype expressing differently indoors. The leaves are much larger, and some are 9+ fingered where the outdoor had no more than 7 and they were maybe 1/3 the size. She's still keeping a tidy branch structure and has stretched into the net in the first week. Far more stretch than I saw outside.

resized.jpg

Back