Gravity

Penis Envy

Any info on a strain called gravity? It has been abundant to many a grower in my location for over a decade. I heard that it is a haze and afghani hybrid bred by Mr. Nice in a limited release. Can anyone put some validity into this story? Is it even from Shanti or Mr. Nice?

ive heard shanti used to play with a strain called gravity. I thought it was more of a heavy indica though?

From IC mag.

http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=1182884#post1182884
shantibaba

Hi All

well funny you should mention Gravity as it is one in the soon to be redone pile. I can also say that Adam from THseeds in Amsterdam contacted me not so long ago and asked to use the name in his new hybrid as it incorporated this plant at F1 level I believe . But the answer is yes there will be a new Gravity by next year all being well and possibly a remake of a nepalese or HG but i will not call it that, to avoid confusion.We can only hope our breeding plans remain and survive on target , as you know genetics is a strange thing. You can sometimes get everything you are looking for easy and other times the combinations you are hoping to be dominant aren't...that is the thrill and spill of working on living entities.Will keep you all posted anyway when new things are ready for testing....all the best Sb

all the best,
Shantibaba

That post is from 2007, so I guess Shanti either still has the project in the works, or has put it to the side to work on the dozen or so strains that have been released/tested.

The strain is alive and kicking in certain parts of the midwest and northern california. Very few have the cut but if you get the chance to get your hands on it you probably will never let it go. Maybe some time in the near future there will be a grow log or some bud shots appearing on this site along with the back story of how the strain came to the midwestern u.s. ;)

Aside from that, from my experiences it is a longer flowering indica. 65-67 days. Might have lineage pertaining to the longer flowering indicas that are generally not found on the market. most think of indicas as short flowering but the gravity takes a good time to finish but is very indica in bud stature and calyx structure. Very dense and plumped up calyxs that wrap around each other tightly like you see in kush indica's.

She starts strong and finishes very very strong, plumping up in the last 20 days of flowering, like bud on steroids with so many trichs that they are on the stems of the fan leaves and actually on the medium sized fan leaves all the way to the ends of the leafs. Dripping with resin with calyxs the size of Lima beans.

I have seen all the Kush varieties along with some of the best example of Sour Diesels and the Chem family and can easily say that the Gravity stacks up to anything out there, lesser known but the kind of stuff that people ask what the hell you smoked with them when they hit it.

Curious About Gravity

This one slipped right by me. Sure sounds like a winner though.

Call me Stepehn Hawkings cause I want to learn all about gravity now.

Hope the plants are coming along as expected. Hard to duplicate the results of a four way hybrid I presume.

:)_~ KB

Gravity was a 4 way indica I made for Sensi using an extremely potent Hash Plant x NL1 as the mother. There were a couple of versions. The effect was seriously heavy. Gravity!
N.

thanks for the info neville

now im most definetly interested in this one

great to know shanti plans on releasing this hp hybrid i look forward to it

1luvbigherb

Gravity was a 4 way indica I made for Sensi using an extremely potent Hash Plant x NL1 as the mother. There were a couple of versions. The effect was seriously heavy. Gravity!
N.

Thank you Nevil. Do you happen to remember the paternal crosses used for the different versions?

Nevil- "Gravity was a 4 way indica I made for Sensi using an extremely potent Hash Plant x NL1 as the mother. There were a couple of versions. The effect was seriously heavy. Gravity!"
N.

Ahhhhhhhhh. Appropriate name if it's got that NL1. Every time I smoke your NL1 I warn people. If you made plans to do something today, change them. Time for a 2-3 hour vacation. Looking forward to this release. Im getting in line now, or maybe in a couple hours I just puffed some NL. :)_~

Gravity sure sound alot like it may be the original version of Black Domina Nevil mentioned in the afghani thread, hash plant x nl1 was one half of that cross

"Black Domina was a 4 way indica hybrid I made for Sensi. I was going for big seeds/bracts with large resin globules on stalked glands. People seemed to want bigger yields, so I substited Garlic bud for one of the indicas. I don't know what has been happening at Sensi since then. I liked the version with the big seeds and large stalked glands."

Was Garlic bud the HPxNL1?
Do Sensi 4-Way, Sensi Black Domina, Sensi Shiva Shanti I & II, and MRN Gravity all contain dominant Garlic Bud characteristics? Is garlic but 50% of these strains?
What is the "heritage" kush mentioned in the Shiva Shanti genes...is that also in the Gravity?

Last edited:
from what I can tell Garlic bud is a separate high yielding indica line from a different source than the both Nl1 and hash plant.

The NL1 and hash plant clones were combined by neville (no idea how has both started as female cuts) to create what appears to be a very important seedline typically used for the male side both by seed bank and still today by sensi and apparently mr nice.

Nevil eluded in a past post that the original Black Domina was higher quality but lower yielding so he replaced one of the parents with garlic bud to bump the yield. My bet based on piecing nevil's posts with info in big book of buds is that current sensi black domina is: (Garlic bud x Ortega) x NL1 x Hashplant. if the Gravity was the higher quality precursor to this I want it!

Back