gifted a pile of seed today from a old schooler!

Curious what afghan is in nl5afghan. I'm sure this was already discussed in a different thread.
with some of the smells I am getting from this 1st pack, and what the forums(not just this one) I am thinking the T, or at least a very stinky child of the S. It could be parented by an NL1 hashplant. because I have gotten some similar lookin flowers from the g13hp x afghan varieties I have grown that I got from Bodhi. 88g13hp as everyone should know is the g13 x(nl1xHP) from the seedbank.

I can tell you it is definitely a worked afghani line. It is very much lookin like its got lots of northern lights type phenotypes in it; from SoG queens to big ole shrubs. I am so excited to smoke it.

I am hoping some pineyness comes out in the cure. as the local northern lights was sometimes Piney. when I 1st started smoking in 2008. If not, I have a few lines that supposedly express pine I can try later. and some in veg right now, waiting for the space to open up to flower.

are you start it this years ???

i vote for the purpleskunk
i think the last time i smoke and see it was in 1997

the buds become like black nether see weed like this after
i have not had much luck growing any purp outside here they flower way to late, i will do use the purp inside. if it doesnt finish by mid september here your asking for trouble, usually big winds and heavy rains, but having said that if you have a the right strain here and it makes it past that first inital blast of fall weather and no frost comes you can harvest mid october, the latest i have taken down here is third week of october. but on the west side of the island i have taken down in third week of november, again strain and the weather will dictate your harvest its a total crapshoot here, i would love to grow in mexico or cali or southern oregon just for the weather and having a nice long season.

i soaked some of the chilliwhack he gave me for almost a month lol, i did squeeze and white oozed out so they were viable seed at one point im guessing, i tried scratching up with the outside of a matchbox and then soaked in paper towel, then i tried using a humic acid solution and left the seed in that for a couple of weeks, nothing would work. but i still have them in a jar waiting for the next try, i will get on putting my seeds in the freezer this week.

Can drown/kill them if you over soak.

The video above gives good details.
Use all new sterile stuff. Coco etc.
Soak until they sink then Coco

i soaked some of the chilliwhack he gave me for almost a month lol, i did squeeze and white oozed out so they were viable seed at one point im guessing, i tried scratching up with the outside of a matchbox and then soaked in paper towel, then i tried using a humic acid solution and left the seed in that for a couple of weeks, nothing would work. but i still have them in a jar waiting for the next try, i will get on putting my seeds in the freezer this week.
buy some gibberellic Acid, and ask MR Soul on instagram the proper rate to use, I lost my paper w/ his instructions. get a 3 decimal point scale. even a little too much will make a success story into a lanky weak plant that needs support from day 1 above soil. it comes out of it after its hormones get back to normal. purchase a seed cracker, you do not want to put those chemical soaked seeds in your mouth to crack them with your teeth.

after a peroxide w/ water soak, when you go to pop the stubborn seed with your teeth, you position it with your tongue so that the ridge is touching the tooth surface. you GENTLY(I cant stress this enough GENTLY) apply pressure until you feel a pop. then, you put it in peat moss. w, the point going down. push it down to the proper depth, cover and if its viable its gonna live.

once these old seeds have become seedlings, get some enzymes, and water them into the soil w/ your fertilizer, and if organic, make malted barley drenches to apply. much of what I have read and listened to, people with old seeds, and the studies they cite, claim that the embryo often has enough food, but the hormones and enzymes inside it have degraded to uselessness. so we have to be all fancy fertility doctor about it and use science to make the baby a baby.

I feel you. ethically, reselling a variety someone else made, that you made from stock you bought. is dubious. but. over 60% of breeders who rail against you doing it, did it too. and still do it.
After my 1st pack of nordle, I am convinced(by bud structure) that it is the mother line of so many feminized Super skunks/afghan skunks available from many dutch companies. which means Shanti does, nad has done alot of contract work, or people just take his shit and breed w/ it. after growing spice, befre they expressed sadness with thier conditions, had all the smell's The T.H,Seeds bubblegum plants did when I grew them. its kind of um, whats the word. Illuminating, to see how many people built their company off the backs of Nevil and Shanti's work.

That being said, if you bottleneck a trait that was common in the line, and advertised as such;while letting people know where you got the seed, I honestly do not see the issue as long as you say where you got it from, and actually bottlenecked the trait. I feel this way because if someone like Shanti really wanted to, he could have bottlenecked it already instead of giving us the ability to learn to breed from good stock.

then there are people like bodhi. who hunt for a few good males, cross them into every hype line in the world, and give 0 care if you take a line and work it. that was his goal. he has even stated so in interviews. "if you want to breed a line I made, Do it, I probably wont be, I have too many to choose from" Bodhi, paraphrased. over half of the moms of hius work he uses, were found by his friends and associates, and given back to him, so he could pollinate them. for example, there are like 4 "elite" goji og cuts running around. 2 of them bodhi breeds with, were found by growers, and they got cuts back to him for breeding. as it should be.

Imagine if those of us who find the 1 in 1000 keeper of Shantibaba's vareities. and we sent it back, and it got used in the breeding program because it was indeed, that good.

onto the hermie issue. do you own a pair of 3c horological tweezers? they can be expensive, as they are a specialty tool for the shrinking field of watch and clock repair. the point on them, is fine enough to where you can pluck hermie flowers out at the base. it is very helpful for eliminating a small aunt of them.

the only time I ever experienced tooooooooooooooo many banana type hermie flowers to pick, was on my orange oil(terpene and flavanoid profile) plushberry(by tga subcool, circa 2013). had 80% milky trichomes by day 77 of flower. by day 80, every flower cluster's growing tips; were pushing banana clusters. from the tops to the lowers, from the outers to the inners. pure end of life hermaphrodite.
i agree mp i would be doing a great disservice selling seeds from established breeders i won't do it, the stuff gifted to me i will breed and make seeds, anything i make will always be a f1 anyway i do not have the setup to make a professional breeding program until i can get a new property. the hermie i missed this time, normally i see those bananas right away but they were few and far between this time. i will look for those tweezers.

i agree mp i would be doing a great disservice selling seeds from established breeders i won't do it, the stuff gifted to me i will breed and make seeds, anything i make will always be a f1 anyway i do not have the setup to make a professional breeding program until i can get a new property. the hermie i missed this time, normally i see those bananas right away but they were few and far between this time. i will look for those tweezers.

Maybe join a collective or could start a collective here. The NICE crew or something.

Maybe join a collective or could start a collective here. The NICE crew or something.
so when i first started in the herb in 1996 i was really skeptical abput the medicinal claim, i was 18 at the time living on the streets of vancouver, i happened to wander into a compassion club on commercial drive area and my eyes and view of cannabis changed forever on that day, a fellow came in with ms in a wheelchair and i had watched him partake or medicate and the change in him was instant, he stopped shaking could speak without stuttering, from that day on i have tried to convince and change peoples perspective on cannabis. i love the idea of a collective, i really suck at the money aspect of life in general i feel this plant should be available to anyone who needs it, i have been fortunate enough to truly help those in need, i have co workers in tears after years of their kids being on drugs for turrets and flat out want to kill themsleves, i got them in touch with some doctors and passed on information that truly made them look into cbd as a treatment option, after two years of research and work these people finally got access to cbd treatments and these kids lives have changed for ever, others have had cancer stage 4 and would never had even bothered with looking into cannabis treatments for chemo they were doing. i hand out seeds by the thousands to people i do not know every year, i give my flowers away for free to people in need. i would love to share my seeds and flowers with those who truly grow for the love of the plant and who are really ou there to help those who need it, i have always stayed away from the profit end of things it flat out scares me here lots of gangs and bullshit over this plant, im no treally sure what a collective entails but im willing to look into it. i will share any seed i have with any one who wants it.

so when i first started in the herb in 1996 i was really skeptical abput the medicinal claim, i was 18 at the time living on the streets of vancouver, i happened to wander into a compassion club on commercial drive area and my eyes and view of cannabis changed forever on that day, a fellow came in with ms in a wheelchair and i had watched him partake or medicate and the change in him was instant, he stopped shaking could speak without stuttering, from that day on i have tried to convince and change peoples perspective on cannabis. i love the idea of a collective, i really suck at the money aspect of life in general i feel this plant should be available to anyone who needs it, i have been fortunate enough to truly help those in need, i have co workers in tears after years of their kids being on drugs for turrets and flat out want to kill themsleves, i got them in touch with some doctors and passed on information that truly made them look into cbd as a treatment option, after two years of research and work these people finally got access to cbd treatments and these kids lives have changed for ever, others have had cancer stage 4 and would never had even bothered with looking into cannabis treatments for chemo they were doing. i hand out seeds by the thousands to people i do not know every year, i give my flowers away for free to people in need. i would love to share my seeds and flowers with those who truly grow for the love of the plant and who are really ou there to help those who need it, i have always stayed away from the profit end of things it flat out scares me here lots of gangs and bullshit over this plant, im no treally sure what a collective entails but im willing to look into it. i will share any seed i have with any one who wants it.

Few breeder's, closet hacker's share a common goal. Breed plant's that suits you and your collective.
Sharing genetics (not through here obviously) help's.

i have not had much luck growing any purp outside here they flower way to late, i will do use the purp inside. if it doesnt finish by mid september here your asking for trouble, usually big winds and heavy rains, but having said that if you have a the right strain here and it makes it past that first inital blast of fall weather and no frost comes you can harvest mid october, the latest i have taken down here is third week of october. but on the west side of the island i have taken down in third week of november, again strain and the weather will dictate your harvest its a total crapshoot here, i would love to grow in mexico or cali or southern oregon just for the weather and having a nice long season.

I fully understand all the breeds that I grow nothing ends up in September the earliest it is late September early October I am too in the north, the best would be portugal or marocco for me in the extreme south of france it must be good too
do it inside

we have exactly the same age

i have had that thought of a seed company for years now, the name is Harvey squirrel nuts seed company, logo is in the works. the name comes from a cd from the 90s called brocket 99 if anyone knows it. it was some college students who made skits of reservation life and one of the characters was Harvey squirrel nuts, it suits my personality being squirrely and nuts lol. i have permission from some of the guys who have given me seeds. i have gotten seeds from so many seed banks like mns, serious, next generation, white lable, barneys, greenhouse, i would not feel right reproducing seeds from them for sale, the stuff form my old schoolers however i can. the two pictures below are the f1 banner mist i made last year, they showed hermie at week 6 though so took them at week 6 which is a bummer. sticky as all get out but not a lot of calyx development. i do really appreciate all the knowledge and positive words here, i keep thinking of just turning the lights off and save the hydro money. i will post the grease monkey and cotton candy pics next week they got chopped yesterday and will hang for 7-10 days before i start cleaning them up, normally i trim right away but i went with hangin the whole plant for 7-10 days then trim. see if it makes a difference, i found the trimming right away dry's out my flowers to fast. i added the logo my wife did, its not 100% done yet gotta get some color on it.

Seedstockers use a squirrel like that.

... i feel this plant should be available to anyone who needs it, i have been fortunate enough to truly help those in need, i have co workers in tears after years of their kids being on drugs for turrets and flat out want to kill themsleves, i got them in touch with some doctors and passed on information that truly made them look into cbd as a treatment option, after two years of research and work these people finally got access to cbd treatments and these kids lives have changed for ever, others have had cancer stage 4 and would never had even bothered with looking into cannabis treatments for chemo they were doing. i hand out seeds by the thousands to people i do not know every year, i give my flowers away for free to people in need...

The world needs more compassionate people like yourself. Thank you for your service brother!

🤙Mu

Hell yeah Dutchman. This herb was made for all as a blessing to humanity. Another true brother that walks the path. There’s some bad people out there that will always try to snuff out the flame of knowledge and understanding and compassion. This is a really good person who taught me a lot. I hope you all find him interesting. I’m not ever trying to push any religion on anyone.
On my first grow, I grew some unnamed varieties and some pre 98 bubba kush bag seed that turned out totally seeded but it was still some pretty awesome herb. That 40+ growers probably got better genetics than my bagseed. I recommend the pre 98. I would want to try the purple skunk though. I got a lot of seeds now;) time to Johnny Appleseed this bitch for the good of humanity. Any Mr nice seeds I planted on my second grow got me as much in one plant as I did in four pre 98s. It was my first grow though- I know nothing besides it tasted awesome like coffee dank berries and got me a really good feeling that just gently touches you back down at the end. After I was done harvesting I was surprised to see my fingers were all totally purple!! Oh my, that was some damn fine charas!! I had to look at some pictures to see what was going on. As you can see the purple bled into the trichrome stalks somehow, making me a bunch of pink hash 01911C6C-EFA3-40AD-851F-E10DC423AD34.jpegD7CA3B70-8C2E-4225-AF2B-A6EA6BE1BA8F.jpeg42ABDE24-9459-401E-9704-B378FA79CC1F.jpg

so on the way back from a surfing trip with my son today we stopped off at a friends place who has been growing for 40 plus years, he gave me all his seed lol he said he is done with growing from seeds, he gave me big bud, purple crown, purple skunk, big purple, bubba kush, cotton candy, and 5 un named variety's, has anyone grown any of these strains and if so any info would be greatly appreciated.
Is that cotton candy from old federation seed stock ? I remember a long time ago wanting to try that really bad but not having the nerve to order seed .

Back