germination and sex ratio M-Man

caliptol

hi all

:cool::)

18 seeds, have germinated 16 :)

the 16, one was really strange (leaves , like, the fly wings) so 15 healthy.:)

Then the hardest ... 5 females in total.:cool:

back for a smoke report and more:D

:cool:

Are these high male ratios typical of Medicine Man? I did some alongside some Nina recently. 4 Medman seeds got me all (4) males! Two were Sat inclined and 2 were Ind dom. Guess I'll keep the Ind doms for pollen and start the Medman again hopefully yielding some females. BTW, out of 6 LN- 4 fem, 2 m.

M

Probably the luck of the draw. I have heard that some varieties seem to throw a higher % of females though.

The ratios get skewed the smaller the sample.

I got 8 for 8 females with Z8/AfgHz, still have some seeds. I wonder what the next 8 will be.

Are these high male ratios typical of Medicine Man? I did some alongside some Nina recently. 4 Medman seeds got me all (4) males! Two were Sat inclined and 2 were Ind dom. Guess I'll keep the Ind doms for pollen and start the Medman again hopefully yielding some females. BTW, out of 6 LN- 4 fem, 2 m.

M
By chance, were either of those males used in your Curandura cross?

M
Hey Mu, I seemed to have the opposite when I ran my Med Man. I popped 10 and got 7 females šŸ˜ƒ

"Seeds are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get!" ~ Frosty Chunk

Thatā€™s the way it works haha- you plan a project for females and get males and vice versa. Moral of story- It pays to be flexible and most importantly to plant enough seeds when doing special projects. Fortunately, MedMan produces consistently good plants and as luck would have it, yielded me some good crosses using the male doms.
And then there are those times-
ā€œSometimes you just gotta say fuck it and smoke a big ass joint.ā€ - Tommy Chong

Good luck with your grow! I love the MedMan!

mu

Back