Genes & Function with Dwarfism

Hey botany,
I was just doing some research the other day on a similar subject and thought to recommend some material for everyone to check out.

Good thread, glad to see it here at the site Bman. Keep up the good work my friend.

Plant Hormone Signaling by Peter Hedden and Stephen Gregory Thomas

http://books.google.com/books?id=8a...8859-1&output=html&source=gbs_summary_s&cad=0

and

Biochem. Soc. Trans. (2006) 34, (1199–1201) (Printed in Great Britain)

Dwarfism and cytochrome P450-mediated C-6 oxidation of plant steroid hormones

http://www.biochemsoctrans.org/bst/034/1199/bst0341199.htm

I think I have one!

I would like to add that from the description given for a dwarf mom,it sure seems I have one:eek:
She was a super fast flowerer at no higher than 15 " tall. Once it started showing sex in first week flowering at by 3 weeks it was a good smoke,by week 6 in looked almost done. I was out of smoke so cherished this fast finisher to tied me over. i took to clones and just have one left and as they say she's really green. I am glad I read this because I figured cull the small and feeble:rolleyes: Shogirl

Poly P

hope you likey 3 generations later with mutation at about 60 somthing %
Most show what was wanted. mad res.

Attachments

• kush backcross 08 021.jpg
    kush backcross 08 021.jpg
    746 KB · Views: 11
Don't stop the madness!

The black spice is interesting. I have not yet run across a dwarf. Have you used this in many crosses? Have you noticed higher yields?

The only mutant I have come across that I plan to use was a grape krush. It was by no means a dwarf.

Do any other mutants interest you or just the dwarf? Potentially if you used one with odd/multiple branching couldn't that increase yield as well?

Sorry for all the ?'s, breeding in general is a subject I'm interested in but my education is far from where you are at.

I had a line of Dwarfs once, Mexicans.
Double factor Dwarfs were the true dwarfs, single factor were intermediate in size. It was a Dominant characteristic, if it was present it expressed itself. I just can't explain how it popped up out of nowhere. It did not increase yields, on the contrary. It took just as long for a Dwarf to reach 40cm as it took a sister who was not carrying the gene to reach 2 metres. Yields were proportional to size.
N.

Back