Garlic Bud?

A perfect example of how not to make your point. We need to be respectful and take turns talking. When the conversation gets overpowered by one voice threatening other members, it is no longer a conversation. A cardinal rule here is that we absolutely do not compromise the security of members by doxing or sharing private messages on a public forum. There is zero tolerance for this and may be cause for a permanent ban. All of these behaviors are not constructive nor are they conducive to friendly relations. Disrupting, being combative, shaming and threatening members, sharing PM's in a public forum is discouraged here.
angry-angry-panda.gif
The more offensive posts that threaten members and compromise PM's have been removed.

mu

...Garlic bud came from Jim Ortega, as did Maple Leaf. You'll notice from the photo of pure Garlic from my old catalogue, how similar it is in structure to the Skunk#1. I suspect they have a common ancestry. I think of Garlic as a pre-Sam Skunk, but maybe Jim knows more... N.

From Sensi Seeds:
At the start of the Nineties, two large collections of breeding plants merged and the Seed Bank became the Sensi Seed Bank – one of the most important cannabis gene-banks in existence. To celebrate, Sensi Seeds released several new strains designed to be accessible to every weed-lover - easy to grow, very affordable and always expressing Sensi’s high standards of quality and potency.
Shiva Shanti was the first of these special ganja strains – a beautiful plant named after the equally beautiful twin daughters of Ben Dronkers. This hybrid is bred from an old-school Afghani known as Garlic Bud, whose classic qualities have been reinforced by crossing with another 'heritage' Kush variety; she receives a further boost to her vigour and power through a recessive Skunk influence.
Shiva Shanti covers all the bases; she's large, vibrant and uniform, producing little odour when blooming. As a strain, she’s very dependable in flowering and matures quickly, producing a heavy yield of long, solid, spear-shaped buds. Shiva Shanti inherits the power and characteristic aroma of her famous parent – the sharp, acidic tang of raw garlic, now coexisting with a rich, honeyed scent from the Skunk ancestor. Shiva Shanti's effect is deep, stress-free and a fine enhancer of physical sensations.

Hi all
well shiva shanti was a strain Nevil created during the time of The Seedbank which got consumed by the Sensi Seed Bank...hence their name.! I have the original seed stock from Nev and he's notes on her, so it is not difficult to do it with the same seed original stock.
I do have alot of work on and had not considered it till now, but yes it is a very good plant. We will see. Hope that helps all the best Sb

Hi All
just read this thread through and thought it is pretty funny how hype just seems to be like a boulder rolling down hill.
The fact is I have seen alot of people's versions of Cheese...all different but with similar aromas...those of Skunk #1. Everyone has their own traits they like in a plant hence slight differences if grown from seed. Cheese, Garlic Bud and several others were all originating back to work Nev did years ago.
I am not really sure why it still causes hype but might be to do with yield and smells...not the main criteria I use for selection as primary but a fair thing for others who are going for the financial grow.
All the best Sb

mu

Hi
well the Dr Kevorkian I recall well. Lanky hazey plant that was intensely strong on effects...got them in one of the fridges still. I will take a look into it when i am next in that area of storage ...and let you know.

Shantibaba said:
"Dr Kevorkian...a strain that was in between SSH and NH genetically."
"Doc Kevorkian was basically a particular NL5 x Haze one of the original sisters in the hood, there was also the NL5xHaze/Mist which was not really mist at all, just a ploy for the HTCC from the bobblehead for some reason or other? Anyhow there were alot of other things like Heavy Duty Fruity Nug, Richard Davis, Alaskan Thunder Fu-k, and the list goes on KGB, as the memories come back I will write. I have all of these things in seed stock from the early 90s and before.Maybe one day I will get around to putting them back into stock for those who are interested."
-----------------------------------------
"MR NICE SEEDBANK STRAIN BASE

SUPER SILVER HAZE :
a hybrid of NL5/Haze x Skunk/Haze
CRITICAL MASS : afghani x Skunk...(Big Bud)
SHIT : 3/4 skunk 1/4 Afghani
La NINA : Haze x (Brazilian Sativa/Sth Indian)
BLACK WIDOW : (Brazilian Sativa/Sth Indian){stabile hybrid}
MEDICINE MAN : (Brazilian Sativa x Sth Indian)x Afghan
SHARK SHOCK : (Brazilian Sativa x Sth Indian)x Skunk
*RED DEVIL :Afghani x Afghani
DREAMTIME : Indoor mix...all possible
WALKabout : OUTDOOR mix...contains alot of countries varieties(also for indoor)
EARLY QUEEN : Early Pearl x Super Skunk x Early Girl
SPICE : Hawaiian Sativa/Hawaiian Indica {stabile hybrid}

Other strains from me:
GRAVITY :
4 way indica hybrid
NL5/Skunk : NL5 x skunk
PURE SKUNK : 100% skunk
ULTRA SKUNK : Skunk x Afghan
HAZE/SKUNK : Haze x Afghan
NEVILLES HAZE : 3/4 Haze 1/4 NL5...Haze being Thai/Colombian origin
*HASH PLANT : 100% indica
HIMALAYAN GOLD : Nepalese 100%
G13Skunk#1 : G13 x Skunk#1 <Nevil"s>
PP1 : Afghani x Skunk x NL5
MASTER KUSH : Kush Afghan x Kush Afghan

These are the strains that I have been responsible for the passed decade plus.
If there is skunk in any strain it will finish between 6 and 7 weeks.Some strains not on the MR NICE SEEDBANK list are either going to be one day or are out of seed stock at this moment.When I have produced enough seed of each strain they will be available for sale, but not till then.

All the best Shantibaba"

[/QUOTE]

Shanti's repository remains very extensive. Now about that Gravity, HP, Himalayan Gold and original Master Kush!

mu

Shantibaba said:
"Dr Kevorkian...a strain that was in between SSH and NH genetically."
"Doc Kevorkian was basically a particular NL5 x Haze one of the original sisters in the hood, there was also the NL5xHaze/Mist which was not really mist at all, just a ploy for the HTCC from the bobblehead for some reason or other? Anyhow there were alot of other things like Heavy Duty Fruity Nug, Richard Davis, Alaskan Thunder Fu-k, and the list goes on KGB, as the memories come back I will write. I have all of these things in seed stock from the early 90s and before.Maybe one day I will get around to putting them back into stock for those who are interested."
-----------------------------------------
"MR NICE SEEDBANK STRAIN BASE

SUPER SILVER HAZE :
a hybrid of NL5/Haze x Skunk/Haze
CRITICAL MASS : afghani x Skunk...(Big Bud)
SHIT : 3/4 skunk 1/4 Afghani
La NINA : Haze x (Brazilian Sativa/Sth Indian)
BLACK WIDOW : (Brazilian Sativa/Sth Indian){stabile hybrid}
MEDICINE MAN : (Brazilian Sativa x Sth Indian)x Afghan
SHARK SHOCK : (Brazilian Sativa x Sth Indian)x Skunk
*RED DEVIL :Afghani x Afghani
DREAMTIME : Indoor mix...all possible
WALKabout : OUTDOOR mix...contains alot of countries varieties(also for indoor)
EARLY QUEEN : Early Pearl x Super Skunk x Early Girl
SPICE : Hawaiian Sativa/Hawaiian Indica {stabile hybrid}

Other strains from me:
GRAVITY :
4 way indica hybrid
NL5/Skunk : NL5 x skunk
PURE SKUNK : 100% skunk
ULTRA SKUNK : Skunk x Afghan
HAZE/SKUNK : Haze x Afghan
NEVILLES HAZE : 3/4 Haze 1/4 NL5...Haze being Thai/Colombian origin
*HASH PLANT : 100% indica
HIMALAYAN GOLD : Nepalese 100%
G13Skunk#1 : G13 x Skunk#1 <Nevil"s>
PP1 : Afghani x Skunk x NL5
MASTER KUSH : Kush Afghan x Kush Afghan

These are the strains that I have been responsible for the passed decade plus.
If there is skunk in any strain it will finish between 6 and 7 weeks.Some strains not on the MR NICE SEEDBANK list are either going to be one day or are out of seed stock at this moment.When I have produced enough seed of each strain they will be available for sale, but not till then.

All the best Shantibaba"

Shanti's repository remains very extensive. Now about that Gravity, HP, Himalayan Gold and original Master Kush!

mu
[/QUOTE]
I’m very interested in knowing more or trying that Himalayan Gold!
Aaannnd Master Kush, Gravity and Hash Plant!

Shantibaba said:
Anyhow there were alot of other things like Heavy Duty Fruity Nug, Richard Davis, Alaskan Thunder Fu-k, and the list goes on KGB, as the memories come back I will write. I have all of these things in seed stock from the early 90s and before.

any idea what Richard Davis is? His named is linked to the red devil line.

Last edited:
https://mrnice.nl/forum/threads/afghan-t-devil.15847/page-2#post-227176 Post #28 No dog in this 'fight'. Was posted years ago on MNS Forums(see Link) Anyway, I guess this is Richard Davis?

---------

"Shanti claims to have created the strain now called "Devil" at MNS, originally called "Red Devil" either before or when he was working at greenhouse.

Arjan (who I give very little credibility to as a rule) refutes that claim.

Shanti claims ". . . to have invented the old strain called Red Devil? You probably forgot that I got those seeds 22 years ago from a guy called Richard Davis, from California. By a huge coincidence I’ve met him again, when I was attending the first American cannabis trade-show in L.A. . . . He says “Hello”!

Somebody mixed that california indica with Sams skunk#1 then did a BX to the afghan and eventually multiple companies would sell those seeds.

I've seen my pack of MNS Devil grown outdoors in California and in my experience, it was nothing like the Jim Ortega afghans. I think it's safe to say it's an old line based on US worked genetics, whoever finally turned it into a pack of seeds for sale.

I don't think anyone else even sells it now, so in the end, it seems Shanti loved it more than Arjan did. What does that tell you?
Maybe Arjan brought back the seeds, Shanti worked them and feels the resulting line is his work?
Man these old stories . . . "

i grew himalayan gold in 98.
it has an interesting smell.
in some ways it reminds me of haze, but the smell is not as sweet and smooth.
its got a rough earthy pine/lemon kind of smell.
i wasnt sure if it was actually from shanti or greenhouse based on the time period, and never got much of a response when ive asked about it before.
it is good to know it could come back one day.

i grew himalayan gold in 98.
it has an interesting smell.
in some ways it reminds me of haze, but the smell is not as sweet and smooth.
its got a rough earthy pine/lemon kind of smell.
i wasnt sure if it was actually from shanti or greenhouse based on the time period, and never got much of a response when ive asked about it before.
it is good to know it could come back one day.
I tried to get Himalayan Gold years ago from greenhouse and nothing arrived in the mail so never bothered again.

LOL, I missed a lot of that somehow but will say that even if it is/was Scott as a white supremacist, that was almost 30 years ago and I DO believe in personal redemption and growth... on the other hand he's claiming that wasn't him when it obviously was. The only way to come clean is to come clean.

I believe that one of the worst aspects of today's culture is defining everyone by the worst thing they have ever done with no chance to change. In fact, acting this way "cements' the bad behavior into place so even if someone wants to change it's close to impossible.

LOL, I missed a lot of that somehow but will say that even if it is/was Scott as a white supremacist, that was almost 30 years ago and I DO believe in personal redemption and growth... on the other hand he's claiming that wasn't him when it obviously was. The only way to come clean is to come clean.

I believe that one of the worst aspects of today's culture is defining everyone by the worst thing they have ever done with no chance to change. In fact, acting this way "cements' the bad behavior into place so even if someone wants to change it's close to impossible.

If a man builds a thousand bridges and sucks one dick, they don't call him a bridge-builder... they call him a cocksucker. Vince Boudreau

I agree @PlantManBee , I've known a few folks who were able to accomplish 180degree turnarounds in their lives, once they became self aware. Not easy unlearning crap like that, I wish him the best.

I spoke to a friend who knows a bit about OSBA, and he said that he believed Scott didn't own that handle anymore, OSBA does. I can't understand why they would want it, it'll always be associated with him. Be that as it may, it sure looks like the RMGseeds guy intention was to push the fact that the strain in question could be found at his site

485bdb2007c82833241b39755f00a627.jpg

any idea what Richard Davis is? His named is linked to the red devil line.

"Richard Davis strain was what we called Red Devil at the Greenhouse and came from an American who had inbred this particular strain for quite some generations...the person called Dave who came and worked with me in the setup of the GHScompany brought these seeds across from USA to Amsterdam in the early 90s and we began selection...it was a blueish large leaflet looking like a fruity sort of Indica with a distinct heavy look of a fast flowering girl. sb"

These are in Shanti's collection.

mu

heres a few facts could help..... #1. the garlic bud rmgseeds holds is legit nevil stock by way of dj9
#2. obsa genetics are legit but not affiliated with reeferman. at one time reefer man and obsa were partners of a sort. nevil and reeferman both supplied obsa with authentic genetics in fact obsa holds some hybrids from the original 97 nh hunt not available elsewhere the #23
#3 reeferman beat obsa for a bunch of money but left stock behind. in a shrewd and admirable business move obsa turned around and trademarked his site and continued to sell the stock left behind, possibly also creating new stock. of particular interest to me is the hoa bac work which snowhigh has now incorporated into his vietnam black/dalat lines looks very interesting

none of us are out hunting in the jungle for genetics, although i would like to. all cannabis work is built on the backs of others, its the biggest compliment to a breeder to continue their work. but that only counts if your transparent with your pedigrees and line work, something many many people in this industry seem to be incapable of. nevil and his pedigree notation/commitment are the only hope for this entire industry to combine the work of yesterday with the discoveries of today in this new climate which allows for university level research. its something he preached over and over again right here on mns. it takes the ego right out of the equation. his 1 to 1 matings notation allows any of us to grow out some pedgreed haze seeds and compare what you find to landrace characteristics, or minor cannabinoid/terpene profiles. nobody, msn or greenhouse included, owns cannabis. and to stake entire reputations onto the work of nevil is a shortcut. lines nev made in the 80s are still superior to what you find in most dispensaries. his outback haze project utilized next level outcross/backcross transgressive segregation principles unheard of in cannabis breeding. these techniques and germplasm nevil left us should be built upon. how is it that with so many cannabis lovers and seed companies very few have joined nev by truly breeding cannabis? id say the next best thing is shantis mango and a/c male work, the a/c male is full of surprises. but what about everyone else? ojd and dj9 have both taken nevs grail genetics and philosophy and ran with it... lets see more of that lots to discover out there.
djs outback x cali o bringing out real nice morphology
2/3 the results of putting f1 a5 to sams ohaze by madmac, notice its completly different then everything else in the tent
4 fused cotyledon due to aneuploid chromosome irregularity in djs jungle haze (outback haze x north vietnam)

Attachments

• orangeoutback.jpg
    orangeoutback.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 15
  • a5oohz.jpeg
    a5oohz.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 15
  • a5ohz.jpeg
    a5ohz.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 13
  • fused coty.jpg
    fused coty.jpg