G13Skunk low germination

pena

I purchased pack of G13skunk seeds from seedsman last november. Germinated them last month and got ~40% that rooted. seeds were very pale, so are they old stock? Ones that germed are looking healthy. Point i submit this post is at least i would like a lot if seedpacks would have patchnumber or date of origin. like seeds for vegetables do in general

Germination Rate

I'm in the same boat but my success rate was even lower probably around 20-25% I had 4 germinate out of 17 and they are still doing pretty rough. I did them in water and paper towels like I do for all my seeds and have usually gotten around and 80-90% success rate until this round of G13Skunk seeds I started. I ordered mine a little over a year ago along with some Early Pearl limited edition seeds and pretty disappointed. I had really high hopes for this strain:(

***If anybody in the company is reading this any chance of getting another pack would be much appreciated!!! MOD EDIT: REMOVED FOR YOUR SECURITY, BEST TO PM SHANTIBABA ON THE MATTER

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah you're best off to send a PM to Shanti I seen a few people get a replacement. I didn't have a germination problem with G13 Skunk but I got the seeds direct.

updates in regards to what

Probably did you PM Shanti about sorting out the problem?

I never had an issue myself but have heard of him replacing seeds of people with an issue. Most breeders won't give you the light of day but Shanti seems like a stand up dude.

well on the seeds that germinated? you say you have 40% and i was wondering how did the ones you had germinate how are they doing now? that all
Thanks
RJ

allright i guess still veggin, just hope there will be more than one females in them. still it´s not any fault on mns´s part if retailer sells old stock

I got seeds from Shanti direct recently - all seed in 2 packs cracked and sprouted w/I 24 hr.s - However, from an authorized reseller I have found mixed results on germ rates but direct from SB they are nearly 1OO%.

P77

picture.php

G 13 skunks in right left and center back 4 week vegged 1st week 12/12. with 1 tikal center front and og center middle

Last edited:
so all in all lookin´alright exept one in middle of right side is not growing as well as others, but no worries it might well catch up yet.

album.php
some update. 2 G13 skunks that have been 4 weeks on 12/12 are doing alright. led panel is not sufficient and i could have vegged them little longer. buds are forming quite rapidly after 3 weeks of slow development, grow odour is surprisingly managable and some resin is begin to show

pena, its about harvest time can you tell us how she is doing? i have some going now just started to flower some are short and others are going long and sativa looking no smells yet but when i rub against them i smell something that wakes me up a bit so im waiting for the harvest soon.

my two G13 skunks were not really impressive. yield was low and effect was mediocre. one thing that was wierd that it had no grow odour at all, even the taste was almost non existent. not to be returned

Interesting considering this strain is used in other G13 crosses such as G13 Widow.

I popped the 10 seeds I won in one of the Happy Hamper auctions.
Soaked them in tap water for 36 hours at which point they were all showing tails.
I then planted them in 3.5" square pots filled with BioCanna Bio Terra Plus soil.
They all popped up 3 days later and have been doing well ever since.
Currently, I just spritz them with a mixture of purified water, BioCanna Rhizo and FullOn.
I'll start really feeding them next week as they've just been up for over a week now.

May all your grows be plentiful and potent! :)

Peace be with you from RastaKev! :)

good luck for your g13 skunks kev! i just had a bad batch or something. these things happen. now preoccupied with other project, maybe later another run with this

Hi pena,

Thanks for the kind words :)
Sorry to read that you had what I would call major problems with germination and then ended up with less than stellar Cannabis. I've grown out this strain before and never had any issues with it and it is quite potent. I agree with Al Capone with regards to either getting them through direct supply or the auction site.

Good luck with your current project! :)

Peace be with you from RastaKev! :)

Hi!

A quick reminder to everyone that MNS is constantly striving for perfection in every aspect of this game. It is actually quite rare to have germination numbers like those stated in this thread, but it is possible that those seeds need replacing.

First step is to contact the original seller, be it MNS Auctions or Direct Sales, or thru an online 3rd party vendor like Seedsman.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at MNS either via PM to me or Shantibaba, or an email to [email protected]

Many blessings to all!

I believe Seedsman to be one of the most reputable dealers out there but I have occasionally had germination problems from seeds purchased from them. While I had no problems with the Medicine Man, I did not get one seed from a pack of Neville's Haze Mango. They will credit your account if notified but it is a royal PITA. All the time that is wasted...
Because of this I never followed up on the credit on the NHM. 68 euros down the tubes. I now minimize my purchases from them. As many seeds as they carry, I should not be surprised to get stale seeds from time to time. This is NOT okay. Better inventory control and/or packets with dates would be helpful. ACE seeds puts dates on their stuff and it can be helpful when identifying which batch of seeds one has.

BUY DIRECT IF YOU CAN
As regards MNS, I have not had these kinds of problems since going direct. It is one of the things that inspires confidence when purchasing cannabis seeds. No BS, consistently superior to the crap I used to get at the dispensary, support from the man himself, economical, and just out and out kick ass varieties. I KNOW WHAT I AM GETTING. Okay I'll put away the poms poms for now. Suffice it to say I am a loyal customer and until some major fu*age happens, I'm stayin right here. :cool:

Cool runnin braddahs
M

Back