G13 x Widow testers

I just read this whole thread in one go.
Thanks for all the work guys.
I really appreciated it.
Is anyone still running their plants?

P.S.
When I posted in the main thread yesterday on Shanti's board (#4) I didn't realise this thread was here.
I hadn't logged on since this project got announced.
I feel like a real knob, after posting yesterday that so few ppl had seen the trial through.
I'm sorry for shooting my mouth.

Again, good work guys.
Thank you

Last edited:
Certainly some have followed thru on their grows but you and Shanti are right; the numbers of seeds given out and the testers that actually followed through is disappointingly low. And you are also right when you mentioned what Shanti has offered/given and the many who in turn are rude and take advantage of his generosity. And Shanti is right in that there is a good chance these seeds will be marketed under a different name and pseudo breeders will once again claim it as their work. No respect and no integrity. BTW, I too get along better with plants.

Shaka
Mu

Is anyone still running their plants?

I was very happy with the results of the first 10 seeds I ran.. Getting 6 females, and finding a keeper that I still have in my rotation of 5 or so strains.. As a matter of fact, it sits firmly as my number 2 strain based on feedback from many different people, most being lifelong friends/tokers.. Right in between my Black Widow and Dutch Treat strains

I needed to take a break before starting the second set of 10, as I only have so much vegging space, and I wanted to resume what I had originally came to this site for, before stumbling upon the tread looking for G13 testers..

Many years earlier, I had a phenotype of White Widow that I have not been able to find again.. Unlike the Black Widow I run now, which likes to stretch out considerably during flower, this particular pheno barely stretched at all, and produced extremely resinous, dense, stinky buds.. Still talked about to this day, within my circle

Just finishing up some prep for the outdoor season (Beginning of June here), at which time I will be running the second set of 10 seeds indoors.. Now I was under the impression that this wasn't on any kind of timed schedule.. I really hope I haven't offended anyone?:confused:

I've never even so much as posted a grow journal, let alone getting involved in the testing of a new strain.. I just happened to stumble upon the G13 thread, after learning the true origin of Black/White Widow, and coming here to get the real deal..

Of course my inbox still sits at a steady "0 messages" since I started and finished the first set of 10 testers.. I would assume if someone was upset with how I conducted my tests, that I would have received a message in said inbox:)

Hermies

The G13 lines seem sensitive to put it mildly

Widow crosses can be ultra light sensitive as well
That hasn't been my experience. I've grown from seed Black Widow, Grail Widow, Mango Widow, La Niña, Shark Shock, Medicine Man, and the old G13 Widow. Never had a single hermaphrodite, to my best recollection. My current G13Widow is less than 6 week flowering so we'll see how they turn out in a few weeks. If it does have hermaphrodite tendencies it is more likely from the G13, which may or may not be an Afghani landrace.

Keeping the room blackout dark including taping over any lighted switches, plus trimming all lower growth (a tip Shanti gave me years ago), seem to keep hermies to a minimum. There are however some plants like my Purple Hindu Kush that hermie no matter what. Bananas appear on it at 6 weeks so I harvest it at 7 weeks.

Last edited:
A good buddy of mine is doing a small backyard greenhouse setup outdoors this season, now that it is legal to grow a few personal plants where I live..

We are going to each run 2 plants, and one of my choices is the phenotype I kept from these G13xWidow testers.. Its now simply named "T"

I do not have much experience growing outdoors, in fact it will be the first time for me! But I thought it might be interesting to see how this pheno reacts to being outside in soil, instead of indoors in rockwool

Here are a few photos right after I stripped it & tied it down :rolleyes: I'll update at various/random times throughout the grow!

It will spent the next 3 weeks vegging under T4s, being topped/trained. Afterwards it will move outdoors with the rest.. I can then begin the second batch of 10 tester seeds indoors, having cleared space in my veg room:cool:

Attachments

• Tester_T1(1024x768).jpg
    Tester_T1(1024x768).jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Tester_T2(768x1024).jpg
    Tester_T2(768x1024).jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 2
Here are the second set of (10) G13xWidow tester seeds, placed into paper towel today!

Keeping my fingers crossed that I find another true keeper, like I did in the first set of 10 I ran

Similar to my last few runs, I will be using rockwool to grow in. Seedlings starting in 1 inch cubes, and then into 4inch cubes once fully rooted

I will be using a simple A/B nutrient system (Dutch Nutrients Gro A/B Bloom A/B)

Flowering will be completed in a 4x4 table, under a 1000w HPS (Air cooled Hood)

Will update shortly with germination results

Attachments

• Day1.jpg
    Day1.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 1
All 10 seeds popped in approx 36-48hrs!

So far 9 out of 10 have broke the surface (One of them had a hard time removing its own shell).

Once these 1inch cubes are busting with roots, I will move them into 4inch rockwool cubes. I will update then

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 0
Tester "T" about a week along outside, growing inside a small greenhouse with 3 other strains

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    775.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    629.7 KB · Views: 8
My second set of 10 seeds are coming along great in 4inch rockwool.. Now its just a waiting game until I can sex them, at which point I'll update with some photos of each female

Meanwhile, here is an update on my keeper g13xWidow tester from the first round of 10 I did. I've never grown outdoors... so far so good!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    575.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    669.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    654 KB · Views: 8
Outdoor tester

Transplanted a few weeks ago into a 5gal pot

Attachments

• 1 (1024x764).jpg
    1 (1024x764).jpg
    770.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 2 (1024x768).jpg
    2 (1024x768).jpg
    828.1 KB · Views: 7
I must have got lucky with the first 10 tester seeds, as I ended up with 6/10 females.. These last 10 seeds I only got 2/10.. Which brings the final female tally to 8 out of 20 seeds

Here are the two remaining females.. Named NT1 & NT2

Day 1 of flowering

Attachments

• NT2_2 (1024x688).jpg
    NT2_2 (1024x688).jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 2
  • NT2_1 (805x1024).jpg
    NT2_1 (805x1024).jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 5
  • NT1_2 (1024x713).jpg
    NT1_2 (1024x713).jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 5
  • NT1_1 (1024x721).jpg
    NT1_1 (1024x721).jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 4
Update on the outdoor plant

Interesting Dark purple/black coloration on just one stalk.. nowhere else

Attachments

• 1a (860x1024).jpg
    1a (860x1024).jpg
    772.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 1b (798x1024).jpg
    1b (798x1024).jpg
    748.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 1c (806x1024).jpg
    1c (806x1024).jpg
    551.7 KB · Views: 11
Those outdoor ones look sexy as all hell. Nice tight internodal spacing. Looking forward to seeing how these progress.

Great job, man!

Everything is coming along nicely outdoors..

One branch shows some interesting color.. Looks black in the photo, but its really a deep purple. it almost bleeds all the way down the entire branch.. Seems to just be that one branch?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    737.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    706 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    668.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 7
High Everyone!

The other night I broke out the long cured G13Widow (b) and was pleasantly surprised. The smoke was so damn smooth, I wasn’t sure I got a good pull until after the exhale. This was 8pm...
Next thing I know I’m waking up at 2am on the couch with the TV blaring and a half eaten cookie still in my hand.
Seriously powerful smoke.

Just read through this, some real nice plants :)

I wonder did this new version g13 x ww take over the "old" one? which version is sold currently old or new?

(y)

Just read through this, some real nice plants :)

I wonder did this new version g13 x ww take over the "old" one? which version is sold currently old or new?

(y)
Hm, now I am interested about that too..
Won some on auctions.. B)

Which one it is ? :)

G13 Widow
is g13sk X Widow male
G13xWW was a joint project made long ago by
Nevil (G13 plant)x Shantibaba ( WW pollen)
I had one female and seven males of these many years ago. The f1 was strong . The f2 seed is scattered and difficult to find a keeper.
Makes excellent backcross hybrids with G13 sk seed and g13 haze seed.

Back