G13 x Skunk mns

Hey Red

Hi again ,just doin a big one ,for my ref
Picture_923.jpg

And another.
Picture_926.jpg

Peace all.
Man,look who is haveing some fun now...good show Red :D

afghan/mexican/columbian/thai...i believe is the genectic source of origin for this cross,so if you are familiar with the traits of these landrace ancestors ,then it will help you with the more subtle characteristics,like taste and burnt aroma. when i pick a plant to keep ,it almost always is a lesser yielding plant overall,but the quality is the bomb,cause i like my own smoke better than anything i could buy,so do most of my friends...

peace Red

BZ!

Cheers Scorp,

These are a pleasure to grow,I numbered these 1-8, 2,3,and 4 were the males.The smallest bud formation is #8,the last seed to pop,i didn't think it would pull through,its second tallest now with the biggest fans,and most resin to date,no double jagged leaves on her either,G13 Dom,maybe?,

Like you say,quality is the acid test,yield is nice,i'd be b/s if i said i didn't like a big lady,but a quality size 8,with curves in the right places,and then the goods to match,well wot can ya say....

As for Landrace,only commercial Mex/Col bricks, Afghani Hash(alot),done some supposed Afghan pures(history???) Thai had a good supply for a while,but like all good things.

Out of all the hybrids and Skunks ive done these are my BEST in everyway at this early stage,i have one last plant in my garden not MNS,1 week and i will only have MNS strains.

I have about six weeks before i can sample some Mango Haze,this will be the deciding factor as to if i have found my Holy Grail or not,it looks and smells like a true champ,time will tell,i'm done with all the hype,and believe MNS beans hold some mighty fine things.

The G13 Skunk up to now is faultless in my growing experience,and not putting numbers up,or sling mud at any other breeders,are truly miles ahead of anything else i've done,and i've chased all the hyped shit,only because i trusted their info,what a let down on some i can tell you,and do you know what the funny thing is ,is when you can taste what as gone into the cross but they tell you a different make up altogether......well i'm high and rambling,the thing is, this is my second grow log for all to see,and for a breeder to have is wares displayed good or bad,takes some balls for Shanti,hey folks to be in the firing line ,so to speak,

Big thanks Shanti,and thankyou Scorpion you inspired me peace.

sorry all bit of a ramble but like Scorp said,it's great FUN lol,who said meds is nasty. peace all.

Smells an looks.

Hi all,

Tropical,zesty whiff,spear shape top,pine cone shape bud,medium calxys.

Fresh fruity,even abit like bubblegum,large calxys,same bud formation as above.

Light fragrance of resin fuel,very frosty,buds very chunky.

Very sweet,strongest tropical salad bar aroma of all,huge calxys.

peace all.

#8 Like 7 but stronger lemon smell,very sticky,fatter rounder top and buds.
Picture_1452.jpg

#7 has some resin curling leaves,

Picture_1446.jpg

Picture_1445.jpg

A strong grapefruit smell hangs above the whole group.Gorgeous.

Have a good day/night all.

Peace all.

Wow Redeye, you're really doing some justice to this variety. Im looking forward to getting down and dirty once again with the Gskunk myself.

Keep up the good work man, very impressive. I personally have nothing but MNS strains in my collection and its been that way for years now. The only exception being Paradise Sensi Star.

Cheers

Hi JessE, Many thanks ,

Would you agree ,the male side used is being displayed with this batch?

It looks that way to me,reading what Shanti did to rework this strain,feel free to correct me,(MM, SS, L/Nina B/Wid)

MNS garden for me,in veg and flower 24/7 lol,more than happy with the plants so far.No more fakes or wannabes in my med garden.
Picture_1451.jpg

#8 Lovin it,hehe.

peace JessE,an all.

We are talking about G13xskunk correct? Im not exactly sure what Shantis specifications were for the male used in this variety. From my understanding, these genetics were laying on Shantis mantle for sometime via Neville and they are a few generations removed from those original beans. Gorgeous plants for sure though. Its been my experience with a few different skunk varietys that went skunk dominant that there is a lemon/pine like odor to the skunk sides but I could be mistaken as im bye no means an expert of any sort.

Keep up the good work brother.

Hi JessE,

Yes the G13 Skunk,the orig beans Nev crossed,Shanti reworked the line using the males from the wid lines,L/Nina,Shark Shock,etc.

If i have read and understood correctly,that is.Thankyou for the reply,i'm sure someone will know for sure.But i think that is how the line was carried on.

peace J, an all.

quote from Shantibaba at another site
Hi All
the G13 cutting was crossed to a skunk male in the early 90's when the G13 cutting seemed to be on its way out. Nev did several crosses to combine the genes before the plant became extinct in its pure female form. So I went on with several of these lines one is G13skunk(female) combined with the widow male(same widow used for the BW, MM ,La N and SS).
I hope that clears things up for you all.
Wishing you all a great and safe 2007...all the best SB

Hi all, this explains things,as i have read it.

peace all.

Added on in a moment of clarity,well this explains the G13 Wid cross,and the G13Skunk x Skunk#1 explains itself,the skunk daddy chosen looks like it showin it's traits in these,is what i was tryin to point out before i confused myself,and others,lol.peace all.

Last edited:
6 Weeks or 42 days 12/12

Hi all,

All on water now,3 had e.salts this week other 2 will get some when dry,all only had two feeds,tip burn on some ,nutes or lamp,light was abit close.
Picture_1609.jpg

Got some good colas forming,very dense buds,i'll stop water for a week from week 7 till 8,then water again,just away i found to manage chronic.
Picture_1646.jpg

They like to produce buds with lots of resin,all of them
Picture_1649.jpg

Picture_1625.jpg

peace all.

Cheers the clone ranger,its in the beans mate.
Picture_1670.jpg

Tryin to keep them green,lol.It's just i dont like using feeds much.

peace all.

Splendid Job Red

Man ,you are gonna be one stoned silly mf in a few weeks....lol

Very Nice Job Red

peace

7 Weeks or 49 Days 12/12

Cheers Scorp,hope you had/having a great trip.Here's how things are this week.
Picture_1830.jpg

Above pic is front view,#7 to the left,#8 to the right.
Picture_1834.jpg

Above pic is #5 middle, #6 to left, and #1 to the middle right.
Picture_1838.jpg

Above pic is #7,smells of melon a foot away,very nice.
Picture_1841.jpg

Above is #8,again a sweet melon stinker,but not as strong as#7.

All nitro stored is being drawn from the fans,all on plain water.Prob with mites is forcing me to close the room down for a week at around 14 days from today.

Very,very happy with these,just wish i could have took them abit longer,but the mites are holding up things alot now so its chop at 9 weeks ready or not.Gotta to be done.lol.

peace all.

Cheers Scorp,hope you had/having a great trip.Here's how things are this week.
Picture_1830.jpg

Above pic is front view,#7 to the left,#8 to the right.
Picture_1834.jpg

Above pic is #5 middle, #6 to left, and #1 to the middle right.
Picture_1838.jpg

Above pic is #7,smells of melon a foot away,very nice.
Picture_1841.jpg

Above is #8,again a sweet melon stinker,but not as strong as#7.

All nitro stored is being drawn from the fans,all on plain water.Prob with mites is forcing me to close the room down for a week at around 14 days from today.

Very,very happy with these,just wish i could have took them abit longer,but the mites are holding up things alot now so its chop at 9 weeks ready or not.Gotta to be done.lol.

peace all.

Hey redeye,
Your plants are looking spectacular as usual man. Which pheno in your opinion are these plants expressing?

Wow thanks for the huge big up,not bad beans,under a 400 watt,2 feeds,6.5L pots,I'm more than pleased with this strain,on to the Q.

Well in early veg most were very indica dom only a couple showed slight stretch,But in flower lamp kept minimum distance,water good when dry they then seemed to have took on the typical skunk/sativa side growth,only in the branching and thinner leaves though,the buds are very indica dom in structure and density 2 plants more so #6 and #1

#7 though as tight internode spaces,half as much as the other 4,and is the one i find has a slight sativa mix showing in bud formation.

I think the sativa side of Sk#1 is a strong trait which carries through in most plants its crossed with,the G13 is showing its traits in resin produced at this point and i hope lends the potent side.

This is just my views so far into this grow,more to come.

peace JessE

peace all.

Hey redeye,
They are looking great man, I agree with you about the Sk#1. The plants are healthy and just absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the reply, looking forward to more of the show.

Hi redeye,
they`re coming along great man.
shame to chop early but I know what your going through,
good luck with the mite problem,hope you get rid of them.

keep it green
the clone ranger

Back