G13 x Skunk, let's give the Ouchman a try

Ouchie

I popped ten beans, ended up with 11 plants.

Here's the offending twins. The other 9 are normal seedlings, and already under a 400w. Still babying these along. Stay tuned, this one should be interesting.

ouchie-albums-ssh-picture5145-dscn0960.jpg

It's official, I'm the proud parent of 11 G13 x Skunk babies from 10 seeds. I'm pretty proud of myself for babying the almost microscopic twin to health. These two are a little behind the other 9, but I'm sure they'll catch up now!

ouchie-albums-flower-room-picture5276-g13-twins.jpg

Ouch,
This is a real good line, but like with all varieties, selection will be key. I found some sativa dominant plants, one in particular was very "diesal" like in taste (the fuel). The G's I recently grew are quite strong with a very strong yo-yo motion like effect. Its a trip...Good shit.

Keep 'em coming. :)

I just pictured my dad pivoting from one foot to the other with the biggest cheesiest grin on his face. We're talking around 1991, memories ^^ I think this is the yo-yo effect you describe, I've also experienced this but not for quite some time! :) I hope I find something special in the first run, I still have 8 more beans.

May I also ask what the finishing times were like on your females, and what type of feeders were they?

Ouch :)
I would have to look thru my logs to see for sure, but I seem to recall them not being strong feeders. So perhaps best not to over due it a bit? I usually let the girls tell me how things are going to be though. I had some plants that would not finish outdoors without a green house in my neck of the woods, so some sativa leaning plants to be found I believe.

She is a stretchy plant but one of the scents she produces is wonderful and unique. Also a nice relaxed high.

any update here :)
btw I'm looking for some info about that G13skunk available in couple seedbanks in the moment...f2 or BX ?.. any info about his pedigree??
Thanks

Hi All

well it is always the start of a certain misinterpretation if I do not nip this bud as you all have valid ways of looking at the information stated, in my opinion.

Nevil worked for some years with the female clone G13 until it died.At this time he combined certain traits to gain original parent lines to preserve the G13 in a form that would express its genes. He passed me many years ago a seeds already to go on with...and before that I had passed on male pollen from the widow and the skunk#1 I was using...as we both did on several occasions.

When I got those seeds from Nevil they were labelled G13/sk. I therefore did a selection and combined the selected female to both males...skunk#1 and widow.But Nevil had also done a combination with the G13 to the widow pollen as well as the skunk #1pollen and in fact several others like G13/haze, G13 /ortega...and a few obscure others. The work I did was interbreeding then combining the 3 generation interbreed with the orignal male again...thus adding the strain description with the extra male label.During the interbreebing stages the main criterion was to select for G13 traits and not the Skunk, but considering all of you prefer to be definite as far as possible with the origins I liked to explain all the possible influences that the breed could express in F1 form.

Since this is not so simple to explain as breeding sometimes is it was simplified to the current description. Let me add I still have those old seeds of Nev as well as several lines of interbred seed at different stages so everything in my work can be replicated.As for the work from Nev, it cannot be replicated as there is no longer the pure G13 female. Hope that clears up as much as possible the ancestry of this question.All the best Sb

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/4-talk-shantibaba-mrnice/413-q-about-g13skunk-2.html#post3187

hope this help.:)

This is my understanding of Shanti's 3 current G13 crosses...

G13/Skunk = G13/Skunk x Skunk

G13/Widow = G13/Skunk x Widow

G13/Haze = G13 x Haze

I haven't grown the Widow cross but have grown the other two and the Haze cross (which appears to have the most G13 of the three hybrids) is much stonier (body,sleepy stone) than the G13/Skunk.

g13?'s

Hi all,

Maybe we should ask Shanti?, or is there a way to verify this as HHG has stated. See I have heard both. G13xhaze, and g13skxhaze. I am curious now. Be well...Ns

Back