From clear directly to amber trichomes

BrotherBoris

Plants are auto-fems from Sb son’s site. Great 100% germination and really easy to grow BlueberyxAk47’s. Maybe unique to these plants or my comrade (hahaha, joking) did something wrong but plants are at 12 weeks and leaves are mostly dead or dying and trichomes have never gone milky but some already have gone amber. I’ll tell him to just cut them now since looking like they are past life or can I be wrong? Anyone else ever experience this? By the way. It was his first auto and auto-fem.So easy of a grow but also seems not as many trichs either. The other factor may have been outdoor in 2-3 gallon pots and not much loving care and either hot and dry or days of rain. I think this type of grow may have been better indoor or in a greenhouse…one thing I did notice when I visited is that these gals love full sun as he had them in full and partial and a huge difference.

Plants are auto-fems from Sb son’s site. Great 100% germination and really easy to grow BlueberyxAk47’s. Maybe unique to these plants or my comrade (hahaha, joking) did something wrong but plants are at 12 weeks and leaves are mostly dead or dying and trichomes have never gone milky but some already have gone amber. I’ll tell him to just cut them now since looking like they are past life or can I be wrong? Anyone else ever experience this? By the way. It was his first auto and auto-fem.So easy of a grow but also seems not as many trichs either. The other factor may have been outdoor in 2-3 gallon pots and not much loving care and either hot and dry or days of rain. I think this type of grow may have been better indoor or in a greenhouse…one thing I did notice when I visited is that these gals love full sun as he had them in full and partial and a huge difference.
So my experience on Auto fems is very limited, I have done two runs, both outside but I finished one plant inside. The first run got botrytis, but it wasnt sheltered and was rained upon a huge amount. First was a fastbuds white rhino, the second run was fastbuds bubblegum. For the bubblegum, one got botrytis again (this time in a greenhouse), and the other I then brought indoors. But I did find the same, it was looking so crispy and done, but the trichromes were clear with some amber. I harvested it at around day 103, so 14 weeks, but it was due to it suddenly popping nanners- so I assume it was definitley done. From day 90ish I had amber trichomes.

I honestly don't have enough experience with autos to give you a proper answer, but it wouldn't surprise me if the trichomes do mature differently on autos. I think there is also probably other factors at play, such as how much water/ nutrients they were getting towards the end/ stress etc. Either way, trying photos after those two was a world of difference and make me stick to photo moving forward for the most part.

Never heard that but thanks for the reply. He does have a couple inside and they look great but only time will tell. Inside thoughts were because most everything is controlled…
Never heard that but thanks for the reply. He does have a couple inside and they look great but only time will tell. Inside thoughts were because most everything is controlled…
yes it's for that evry thing is controled so the time of light too why grow auto indoor ?

grow ruderalis indoor is a crime

So my experience on Auto fems is very limited, I have done two runs, both outside but I finished one plant inside. The first run got botrytis, but it wasnt sheltered and was rained upon a huge amount. First was a fastbuds white rhino, the second run was fastbuds bubblegum. For the bubblegum, one got botrytis again (this time in a greenhouse), and the other I then brought indoors. But I did find the same, it was looking so crispy and done, but the trichromes were clear with some amber. I harvested it at around day 103, so 14 weeks, but it was due to it suddenly popping nanners- so I assume it was definitley done. From day 90ish I had amber trichomes.

I honestly don't have enough experience with autos to give you a proper answer, but it wouldn't surprise me if the trichomes do mature differently on autos. I think there is also probably other factors at play, such as how much water/ nutrients they were getting towards the end/ stress etc. Either way, trying photos after those two was a world of difference and make me stick to photo moving forward for the most part.
Yeah it’s new to us too but a fun trial. I agree, could be the watering and nutrients. Like I said, no loving care. Just like you 123, I personally like regular plants and MNS has a great selection. The hardest part is deciding which one to grow! Just thought about last time I saw them and they may have some botrytis too. Some of the buds are dark and just crumble to powder if that’s it…They are very dense and we did have some periods of rain daily. Another reason I am a sativa fan and the happy energetic mental effect of course.

Yeah it’s new to us too but a fun trial. I agree, could be the watering and nutrients. Like I said, no loving care. Just like you 123, I personally like regular plants and MNS has a great selection. The hardest part is deciding which one to grow! Just thought about last time I saw them and they may have some botrytis too. Some of the buds are dark and just crumble to powder if that’s it…They are very dense and we did have some periods of rain daily. Another reason I am a sativa fan and the happy energetic mental effect of course.
That definitely sounds like it, id tell your friend to harvest and make sure he gets rid of any bits that have gone mouldy. It can spread very quickly man so your friend definitely needs to take action.

Haha I know that feeling with what to grow next!! I change my mind everyday for what the next run will be!

I just did, thanks lozak! My latest thoughts on what I may try depending on other factors in my life as to if I can do a grow would be either the Shark which I did years ago and with excellent results or one of the Holies.

Man, I just can’t get over the face and that we both doodled such a similar one! I know that I mentioned it before but what are the chances of both of us doodling such a similar face? It must be our unique genius minds…🤔🤫😱🤪😂👍🍀
Thanks again!

Last edited:
yes it's for that evry thing is controled so the time of light too why grow auto indoor ?

grow ruderalis indoor is a crime
Well it’s a good thing you’re not the law because a lot of people are breaking it and you would probably have them arrested…

My friend’s problem was the weather or so it seems so why not go inside where you control the weather to a great degree? I personally don’t like the autos just from a genetic reason but an auto fem is just too easy for a beginner especially indoors.

Why grow anything indoors? Lights are not the sun. Hydro is not Mother Earth. Is growing regular genetics indoors a crime too?

Last edited:
Back