Freebie and the V Beans (THCv)

Big Sur

In the CBC thread we were going way off-topic discussing other cannabinoids. THCv in particular. In discussing THCv, the topic came up about a group in the Santa Cruz area releasing a strain called "Free the V". In application they are not quite 'free'. Most dispensaries in California that had them gave them out for 'free' as a perk with a purchase. As usual... free seeds used for commercial gain. But that ws not the gain of the Free the V developers. Anyway, here is a post by Jade NEctar on another forum regarding to queries on IG as to the use of his Fee the V genetics and hybrids.

This is Jade Nectar responding - a few ****** members contacted me through our instagram account ******.
1: We gave away over 900 packs of Free the V - THCV rich seeds - through California cannabis shops over the past few months - we gave them away for free.
2: Yes - anyone who wants to do seed increases, share with others, whatever you want - go ahead. We released these seeds for free because we would like to see THCV easily accessible to EVERYONE. So go spread the love anyway you can.
3: The universe created cannabis and all of the cannabinoids, terpenes, and other phytonutrients… humans should not try to claim ownership. Cannabis medicine should be available to everyone… so spread the love anyway you can.
4: We cannot ship seeds right now because it could risk losing our California cannabis license that took years to get…
5: But any of you can seed increase, ship around the world, make your own crosses, select your own phenos, do anything - I put the seeds out for FREE with zero limitations, and really hoping people will share them - AND breed with them to continue to increase the THCV content, make cool crosses, or whatever you want.
THCV is a mysterious awesome cannabinoid with incredible medicinal potential (great recreational effects as well). There are pharma companies and other corporation that would like to own THCV as medicine and the genetics… which is about the most uncool mindset imaginable towards a plant that was created by the universe and could help so many people.
So Jade Nectar put these seeds out there in the public domain for FREE to counter the pharma/corporate cannabis hijacking that is taking place these days.
So go share the love ya’ll -
ALSO - I appreciate the people who reached out to us to make sure it was OK to do a seed increase. Very kind and respectful to check in/ask. Really appreciate and respect that you thought to ask first.
And my answer to your question is YES - please make more seeds and share them with everyone!

• Peace - Jade Nectar

Some scientific background information on Tetrahydrocannabivarin, AKA: THCv ...

Cannabinoid Pharmachology
Ethan B. Russo, Jahan Marcu, in Advances in Pharmacology, 2017

" 2.6 Tetrahydrocannabivarin

Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) is a propyl analogue of THC most often encountered in low concentration in dried plant material, but in THCV-rich plants up to 16% THCV by dry weight has been recorded (Meijer & Hammond, 2005). Mechanistically speaking, THCV can behave as both an agonist and an antagonist at CB1 receptors depending on the concentration (Pertwee, 2008). THCV produces weight loss, and decreases body fat and serum leptin concentrations with increased energy expenditure in obese mice (Cawthorne, Wargent, Zaibi, Stott, & Wright, 2007; Riedel et al., 2009). THCV also demonstrates prominent anticonvulsant properties in rodent cerebellum and pyriform cortex (Hill et al., 2010). THCV appears as a fractional component of many southern African cannabis chemotypes, although plants highly predominant in this agent have been produced (de Meijer et al., 2003; de Meijer & Hammond, 2016). THCV has the CB2-based ability to suppress carageenan-induced hyperalgesia and inflammation, and both phases of formalin-induced pain behavior via CB1 and CB2 in mice (Bolognini et al., 2010).

Antagonizing CB1 receptors can suppress appetite and the intoxicating effects of THC. However, caution must be emphasized when developing CB1 receptor antagonists. Clinical studies in human populations studying the antagonists of CB1 receptors with the drug rimonabant (SR141716A) led to depressive episodes and potentially worsened neurodegenerative disease outcomes, and ultimately this drug was withdrawn from the market (McLaughlin, 2012). Despite this setback, SR141716A remains a very important research tool for unlocking potential medical treatments targeting the CB receptors and deepening the understanding of the ECS. Importantly, the neutral antagonism mechanism of action of THCV seems to be free of the adverse events associated with the CB1 inverse agonists (McPartland, Duncan, Di Marzo, & Pertwee, 2015)."

this is a really interesting topic about all the cannabinoids and the medical use and how it afekt the high itself is particularly exciting as i looking for my holly grail of strain that i ones smoked in amsterdam 20 years back the high was like an opiod and not weed at all what cannabinoid could do what? or combination ah the strain was called Chronic
i think we will see some real nice new high watever cannabinoid strains in the future as with cbd

Gee wiz, I do not know where they went! I am not here to just talk about Mr Nice gear. Sorry. If you must know, I grow mostly landrace and heirloom strains that I collected in the 1970s and 1980s. I came to this site as there were at that time a lot of old school growers including Nevil before he passed away. I have grown original White Widow/Black Widow, among other Shanti strains. I would buy some White Rhino (Med Man) and Nevil's Haze beans if they would respond to my email about medical card holder discounts (as instructed by SB), but no one has replied to my querry ??? So... no reply, no beans, and no grow Mr Nice gear. Meanwhile I am growing landrace strains from Colombia, Cambodia, Congo, Lebanon, Kashmir, and Malana from my collection this year. I also have a keen interest in CBC and THCv cannabinoid strains, which this topic was spun off from.

But here is an idea. If you do not like my posts, you can put me on your ignore list. If you just want to pick a fight with me, I will put you on mine. For fuck, or whatever sake. Capice?
ahahaha you sound a little grumpy ?

i said, "give me all your lovin" + "hugs n kisses tooo"

i love your posts :p

do you have a forum that i can post my mns grows m8 ?

take it easy , blaze a fatty

It's all fun and games until you once again cross the boundary to solicit your wares. You were politely asked once before to refrain from promoting your seeds. And now I see you are even promoting someone else's gear. This site is specific for MNS product. We provide seeds and support for MNS. It is clear that you like to hold court and talk about yourself, even going so far as to market Real Estate on behalf of someone not associated with MNS- this is not the place. If you cannot provide information that will benefit MNS or provide posts showing your MNS grows or any other grows for that matter, I’m going to have to ask you to leave permanently.

It's unfortunate shit went down like this, BigSur is a good source of information and cannabis history. Can't be easy to moderate and keep balance on a forum

Last edited:
It's all fun and games until you once again cross the boundary to solicit your wares. You were politely asked once before to refrain from promoting your seeds. And now I see you are even promoting someone else's gear. This site is specific for MNS product. We provide seeds and support for MNS. It is clear that you like to hold court and talk about yourself, even going so far as to market Real Estate on behalf of someone not associated with MNS- this is not the place. If you cannot provide information that will benefit MNS or provide posts showing your MNS grows or any other grows for that matter, I’m going to have to ask you to leave permanently.

With apologies, I may be more at fault here than BigSur for drawing attention to the JadeNectar/Free the V breeders. On my "MNS Strains with CBC?" thread the conversation broadened to include other minor cannabinoids, particularly THCV, and along the way I dropped a link with their info.

CBD Crew did groundbreaking work, and if the subject was cannabidiol there would be plenty to lean on from the catalog, but if a serious conversation about other minor cannabinoids is to take place it must needs include information about where they might be acquired. The Free the V folks are not in competition with MNS or any other bank as their aim is to simply disseminate their genetics free of charge, and I felt that it would be of interest and to the benefit of all to bring the resource to everyone's attention.

The process of thought is underway here, and it sucks to see it come to a screeching halt, especially when miss-steps appear to have been made in good faith and genuine interest in the possibilities held by our plant.

Perhaps change the name of the thread to appeal to THCV interest more generally, and allow the conversation to continue?

Again, Mu, my apologies for whatever part I had in inducing friction here.

When is Shanti going to release a high-THCv strain? If not, then what's the problem with talking about it here? There seems to be an emerging pattern of threatening or banning knowledgeable members who bring good tech to the table in favor of party-line MNS cheerleader. This does not bode favorably for the long term viability of this forum.

caution must be emphasized when developing CB1 receptor antagonists. Clinical studies in human populations studying the antagonists of CB1 receptors with the drug rimonabant (SR141716A) led to depressive episodes and potentially worsened neurodegenerative disease outcomes,
I always appreciate Russo's fair-handed take on cannabis, and this is the kind of important consideration to bear in mind. He goes on to note that THCV is a neutral antagonist (which can prevent the receptor from being activated) and not an inverse agonist (which produce effects the opposite of what is typical), and that it is the inverse agonism that caused issues with the drug he mentions. Good, nuanced, thoughtful stuff.

It's all good @Jagged Gardens. Contrary to some, no the sky is not falling and the sun will continue to come up. As always, all information related to further understanding of cannabis is welcome. This benefits us all. However, setting up shop on this site with an agenda to peddle your gear on this site is not. Pretty simple really and honestly, between MNS and CBD Crew, there are close to 60 strains to select from, all providing value, stability, yield and potency and more importantly support from the man himself. Why certain members continually disparage Shanti is beyond me. But back on topic. Here are several articles found in a matter of minutes and many more if one is truly interested and willing to pursue the scholarly work.
There are also many companies currently offering all sorts of products. Google them if you wish.
Many things happen in the background that if known would give better context, before casting your stones please try to understand that. If we could but dispense with the name calling and accusations, we might find that we are all of the same family on the same page trying to further our understanding of this wondrous plant.

Aloha
mu

between MNS and CBD Crew, there are close to 60 strains to select from, all providing value, stability, yield and potency and more importantly support from the man himself. Why certain members continually disparage Shanti is beyond me.

Bang on !

:unsure: maybe ask @shantibaba what of the mns or cbd crew cannalogue has, or is more likely to have, the cannabinoid profile you seek ?

Back