Flowering time

Roya_b

Hi guys
I had grew my plants for three month. They are growing and getting tall everyday but i cant see any flower. Light is 12/12 and feed two times a week
What is your suggestion? What is wrong?

Hi Mr RB, how long have you had the lights 12/12?
If it has been less than 2wks I wouldn't panic to much they wont be far away.
If it has been greater than 3 weeks I would be checking for an incorrectly set or faulty timer.
When running hid's it is not uncommon for the contacts in the timer to weld shut.
If the timer is incorrectly set it only needs to turn on for a few minutes during the dark cycle to affect flowering. Run through and check the settings.
Hope this helps

faulty timers... the bane of our existence.

I read several times how much these can screw a grow over and have since turned away from planning to buy cheap no-name timers and will pay up to double per timer to get good quality.
Definitely will research timers a bit before I decide on one.

Hey Mr B I hope all is well, I wanted to say I have been enjoying your posts.
Mr RB
If you know an electrician it would pay to have him wire up a contactor or relay to a couple of power outlets and connect the timer to that. This takes the load off of the timer and makes the whole system that bit more reliable.

If you know an electrician it would pay to have him wire up a contactor or relay to a couple of power outlets and connect the timer to that. This takes the load off of the timer and makes the whole system that bit more reliable.

Hoooooly .........
Bro, I know you were talking to OP but matter of fact, I still have to lay the wiring for my area and have been talking with my electrician about how to do that.
Never crossed my mind to have the wall sockets themselves be on timers.
Will talk with him about it. Since we have to do the wiring still anyway (currently looking at 3 main sockets for the room, which should be enough for over 9k watt in applications), we might as well just install a relay with a timer (unless I misunderstood sth, bit of a noob with electrics :D ).

Nice tip bro!

/Edit
oh and same on enjoying reading your posts :D

Back