Byorn

2021 COE Winner
La NINA,

Day 32 flower,

11/13 cycle, no veg

GHE feeding

eb&flow

diy COB Led setup 300w

out of 5 seeds got 3 girls. One of them hermied early on. Ended up with 2 different phenos. One of them is really hairy and got dense bud. she has some berry funk smells going on. The other one has more spear shape buds and a little less dense bud with some good frost on her. she smells like a widow does sour/citrus.

this is by no means a grow-log just sharing some pics. but I wil do a follow up.

IMG_3214.JPG

IMG_3221.JPG

IMG_3222.JPG

IMG_3225.JPG

IMG_3228.JPG

IMG_3230.JPG

IMG_32321.JPG

IMG_3235.JPG

IMG_3237.JPG

IMG_3241.JPG

IMG_3243.JPG

IMG_32441.JPG

IMG_3246.JPG

IMG_3250.JPG

IMG_3251.JPG

thanks Mark! Will do a smoke report once cured. I`m excited about the La Nina hope she`s some fine medicine :cool: can`t wait till they finish getting a bit bored with the mangohaze

Thanks franktank and blowingupjake! :cool:

what you are seeing on the pics is half of the room, it also got another corner for flowering.
250w cob led.

1D22.JPG

I always wanted a room you can actualy can go into and close the door behind. so there is alot of space unused but thats all fine with me. I like the tropical feeling it gives me just being in there and observing the plants. I also do the trimming in the room accompanied with a nice docu on the laptop :cool:

The grow room setup is almost there where i want it to be, it just needs some finetuning and minor upgrades. I still would like to build in a drying compartment as that was the plan at the beginning of the build. And get rid of the old tent i now use for it.

Vegging and cloning happens in a outside tent.
IMG_32741.JPG

the lamp is a recent buy, plug and play unit for $76 i think thats not to bad for a Cree CXB3590 DB that does 55W and 186,5 lumens/w

greetzz

Wow, very nice setup!

I too love a large room with some space for humans to chill alongside the stars of the show. More power to you man.
Kudos on the work with the LEDs, looks like youre growing big buds for pennies

Please keep this thing rolling bro!

thanks Jake! :cool: it saves me on electric big time. But for my first diy rig i paid top dollar as the prices where skyhigh. But cant complain they produce really good. With the mangohaze ive hit the 1.9g/w my personal top score all time. Im sure i wont go back to HID/HPS unless its an cold location that could change my mind, that i would add a hps along side led to boost the temps up.

Its to bad 1 of them hermied early on but i think its my own fault pushing them straight on 11/13 . Otherwise they would have filled the screen nicely. So i wont expect a big yield all togheter. But these two do fine i think and it will leave me with some to smoke aswell.

The hairy pheno(looks a lot like afghan i think) is finishing up, pretty quick tho shes in flower for only 39 days and trichomes getting more milky by the day, spotted the first ambers already. If she keeps pushing i`ll give her another week probably. It`s her i smell when entering the room, a nice berriers flavor.

The second lady is still fatning up her buds, and gonna need some more time to finish up. Ths will be a good yielder, and she reminds me of the good old White Widow i once started my journey with.

For now i`m going through several strains out of the mns collection to find me that personal couchlock hybrid. I always had a good date with the widow familly so thats where im starting the journey. Black Widow is next up along NL5/afghan. And by then it would be time for MedMan as i saw @musashi’s grow for instance, looking like a great white strain. And could be very well my cup of tea aswell. First i`ll have to figure out what suits me best effect wise. Then i will start searching into that strain for the best pheno i can find and trying to preserve her. And make f2 and f3 and would like to to make fems out of her so i have a steady fem line, and i won`t have to keep a mother alive that i can screw up and loose the whole deal again. Happend to me before...
But will have to read up on the subject making fems out of f3, as i want it to succeed and dont end up with all hermies.

anyone that can give me some pointers or links or any info on the subject it would be much appreciated.

Hope you guys enjoy the pictures again!

greetzz

IMG_35321.JPG
IMG_3531.JPG

IMG_3523.JPG
IMG_3522.JPG
IMG_3518.JPG
IMG_3510.JPG
IMG_3501.JPG
IMG_3494.JPG
IMG_3491.JPG
IMG_3481.JPG
IMG_3477.JPG
IMG_3458.JPG
IMG_3456.JPG
IMG_3445.JPG

Looks like you have some prowess of your own there braddah! "Nice" grow. I love me some La Nina!
Keep carin' and sharin'!

Shaka brah
M

Hello again!

BTW Black Widow is fine medicine and a must grow sometime but IMJ, if you are serious about couchlock, consider the Afghan varieties. You are on the right track with NL5/Afghan or MedMan. And if you like the widow genetics, why not go straight to the Medicine Man? Whatever your choice, I do not think you will disappointed with the MNS gear.

Aloha
M

Thanks for the kind words musashi! :) if it where possible i would share those nugs with ya brother! to bad that sending weed over to the otherside of the world is a bad idea.

Thanks for the confirmation bout the afghan varieties. I would have gone with MedMan if i had it in the fault, you reallly made me excited about the medman! Ive got about 30 MNS strains but that is one of the missing varieties. I where already looking into the auctions but haven`t seen them up in a while. So maybe i`ll get them direct buy. The BW and the nl5/afghan i bought retail years back and only once i gave them a try, and that run i had to take down due circumstances. After that i forgot about them and went with some fem seeds to have a quick smoke again.

little while back when overthinking the setup and the choices i made growing wise, i remembered about the BW & NL5/Af grow and decided that i have to give it another go. I had fun playing with the sativas and with the MangoHz in particulair, absolutly one of the finest herbs i ever layed my hands on. But I and the wife aswell still miss the narcotic feeling i`ll get out of a good hybrid somewhat leaning towards the indica side of things. Also much better for me to get some sleep on. I tend to smoke alot and like some influence of the sativas aswell for me it spices up the couchlock so thats where the hybrid idea comes from. As soon these babys leave the grow tent i`ll get me some medman :cool:

heres a peak in the new batch BlackWidow - NL5/Afghan

6x BW on the left , other 5 are the NL5/afg
IMG_3552.JPG

And thank you Mark! :cool: I think you could be right! Will let you know when they are done ;) I like the fact the the phenos are different it`s nice to see more then one side of a cross.

greetzz

Fine looking stuff you got there. They say a bird in hand... and in finance, they say first in first out. Makes sense to cycle out what you have before it goes bad. Besides, both are excellent strains and once you harvest progidious amounts of both, you gonna be so couchlocky the Med Man will be purely academic lol. Good luck in your search brah!

Aloha
M

lets hope you are right bro! :cool:

whaa thats strange, just looking through the buy nows and MedicineMan isn`t there anymore :confused:

ive got to email them, not into buying them elsewhere then the source.

Hi all,

Yesterday i harvested #1 the "Afghan" pheno. She was in for 53 Days 11/13.

Few days back i found some mold in two buds hanging onto eachother. Otherwise she did well and produced very heavy compact buds with a sweet beries smell to it. The trichomes showed mostly milky with 10% amber.

Can`t wait till sample time :)

heres some last shots of her,

Greetzz

IMG_3615.JPG
IMG_3608.JPG
IMG_3595.JPG
IMG_3614.JPG
IMG_3615.JPG
IMG_3616.JPG
IMG_3617.JPG

Thanks Mark! :) :cool: i totally agree! absolutly stunning.

Will definitely do a smoke report ;) should be obligated if ya post plants on this forum :p

about #2 the sative leaner, by the looks of her i would say another two weeks. But she got me confused about my judgement. Last night i where checking her trichomes and to my surprise they are all milky almost none clear heads to be found and a absence of amber still. Maybe this is a trait thats common for the used Haze or black widow?

for now i will let her go on. I want some amber first.

heres what i mean and judge for your self

IMG_3588.JPG
IMG_35871.JPG
IMG_3586.JPG

i`m reading up on different light cycles. As sayd i`m doing the 11/13. And it looks like it speeds flowering time a bit up. But i also read that other light cycles compared to 12/12 could possibly give other pheno expressions to show up. really interesting. And now i wonder if it can alter the looks of the trichomes as well? got some more reading ahead. :D

Hey Byorn, I agree #2 needs another couple of weeks. Pistils are still white/cream color and buds look they will want to swell considerably. I've read that La Nina is a fast sativa, and it looks to be true from your grow. Beautiful buds, man, you're growing it really well.

Definitely more time needed to get the best long lasting high out of these plants, unless you prefer short-lived squirrely highs as a result of premature harvesting. I am of the opinion that the more light they get, the more energy they have to do their thing. Most hybrids I can get going by 24 hr. light deprivation and then 12/12. When it comes to getting some truer sats to initiate flower, lesser light may be warranted to get them to go. The Neville's, as with most equatorials may respond better to less than 12 hr cycle IME. Nice stuff brah! Shaka M

i`m reading up on different light cycles. As sayd i`m doing the 11/13. And it looks like it speeds flowering time a bit up. But i also read that other light cycles compared to 12/12 could possibly give other pheno expressions to show up. really interesting.

I seem to remember that in the help desk of Mr.Nice on CW, Shanti spoke in several threads of this topic giving a lot of advice...
unfortunately I can not find the discussions I had saved... but you can view and search https://cannabisworld.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=4767

Back