Flogging a wild sativa into submission

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thorax
  • Start date Start date
T

Thorax

Guest
For amusement purposes only, do not try this at home, injury or loss of life may occur :D

This is a land race sativa.
It really is unimportant exactly what breed it is, so I will omit that data.

3 weeks from seed, at about 12 inches in height, it was placed into 10 on 14 off lighting. It has been in flowering mode for 3 weeks.
Yep, this is 6 weeks (today) from the time the seed busted above the surface of the soil.
It is in a 6 litre container, intentionally too small, untill it slows it's stretch...at least a little bit. (BTW, that is 1.5 gallons for you americans that don't do "metric" yet)
Once she slows down a bit I'll up pot her into a 3 gallon, or a 12 litre, till finish.
She is just now showing the slightest *tufts* of calyx clusters.
I'm hoping to keep her down to only 2 more feet in height...time will tell.

A doorknob is fairly universal in height, I feel it is a good marker to use.

Yes Hempy, I know the leaves look wide to you and that it can't possibly be a sativa....it is nonetheless.
 
Last edited:
i grew out a "haze" plant that came as a gifted clone ... it vegs well, clones well, is very sativa in phenotype (the most i've seen yet) ....she flowered really well, but in the 1st test she threw some hermie male banana pods during the later flowering period... second test she threw them earlier on in flower.. the 3rd test will include a strict 10 light 14 hour dark period, with the dark time in total blackness, the reason i won't let her go is that even though she has a herm problem the smoke is extremely potent and the high is strong & good... she reeks up the air
 
Bro... I wouldn't worry bout those balls... ESPECIALLY on a landrace.... I grew some Thai Tantic just recently... almost killed it cause it started showing almost equal balls to hairs... I did the same thing picked em.... didn't see em again till bout 10 wks... and cut her at 11 wks..

Unless ur breeding and just can't "risk" a tiny tiny bit of pollination... I wouldn't worry about it UNLESS it became a "fairly" dominant male that actually opened male flowers with pollen in em..

Good luck.... I love ur experiment... hope to see some more pix

Peace
BB
 
that is a beutiful looking plant ... have you grown her out before? is she from seed, or clone? nice work ... keep it growin'

peace ... flower~power
 
that lowland looks yummy

;) im a big sativa fan also got a few on go myself. its a shame they hermed but good job trying to show the girls in there glory stank
 
Well my, my, my! Those are some real nice looking ladies you have there. Always glad to see one of your grow threads as the end results are always so nice and the info gained is very useful.

Keep up the great show.
 
Nothing for anyone to say this or that about in this thread.
They are in dirt, under a light, and there is temperature in the room.

Hard to say I'm bullshitting there eh ?
Can't even say I'm growing them all wrong.

Thats too funny! Gotta say, even the seasoned grower can glean something from that.

A
 
Back
Top