Federal legal weed making headway in US and Australia

Posted by the A.C.T. Labour gov the day we got the green light.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1618035599693.jpg
    FB_IMG_1618035599693.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 2
Well, I just go by what my many cousins in Melbourne and Adelaide tell me, and what I read in the press. You say I do not know shit about what is happening in Oz, but lets look at several sources online. This is from Weedmaps. Its states clearly: "The ACT legalized recreational marijuana on September 25, 2019." This from:

Or this site, a legal/law web page that specifically states: "The ACT is the first Australian jurisdiction to legalize the use and growth of cannabis for personal reasons." This from:

There are lots of sites that repeat this use of the word LEGALIZE and the ACT in Australia. If you have issues with this, I suggest that you take it up with them, eh? Ranting at me is not going to do you much good. I am just the messenger here.

Dude stop talking shit and read the laws on Government and legal sites. SA has had decriminalisation. Over ruled and now SA has the toughest laws in Australia. WA had decriminalisation. Now over ruled. Decriminalisation is a set up for failure. And as you clearly have no idea about Australia perhaps stop showing your flat out ignorance about the subject.

Posted by the A.C.T. Labour gov the day we got the green light.

Point in case - some no nothing ignoramus who doesn't understand the difference between legalisation and decriminalisation. ACT laws =

2 outdoor plants per person - max 4 plants per household. No hydro and no indoor.

Up to 50 grams

Great stuff so what happens when you harvest your 2 outdoor plants and are holding a few kilo of dry weight? Up to cops - there's a bright idea.

Outdoor plants. There's another farking bright idea. So you are growing for rippers - Cool! Read https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-14/months-on-frustration-over-act-cannabis-laws/12656348

I mean I could now compare the difference between US State laws to the ACT laws but do I really have to ????

Last edited:
At least in South Oz, weed is decriminalized. I would rather it be that way here myself. Legal weed in Oregon is regulated and taxed and licensed to death. Both rec and medical.

As for Boehner, you were not the only one tossed into the slammer here bub. From the sounds of it, you are still stuck back in the can though. Be free. We are not in the Nixon-Reagan era any more. Nixon tried to kill us with paraquat. Reagan spent us into massive debt. They both amped up prosecution for Mj. Politicians are always willing to flip and make a ton of money when they leave office. In the case of Boehner though, he is doing a lot more than a lot of Democrats are on legalized weed. You would rather he remained stead fast against legal weed, what, for consistency sake? Where would that get us? Obama could have re-scheduled weed, but he did not. He left that open as a campaign promise for Hillary. She rigged the DNC primaries and got caught. She should be in the slammer as well, according to the FBI. Meh... if the Republicans are stealing a page from the Democrats to legalize weed, I am all for it. I am in neither party myself.

Viva Sativa!

No weed in South Aus is not decriminalised. South Australia has the toughest weed laws in Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in the A.C.T. and the law is a bit confusing, our local gov tells us it's legal to have certain amounts but fed gov says it's not legal. It's been decrim here since early 90's with police issuing SCON(simple cannabis offence notice) $100 fine. Since the new laws came into effect last year the cops only gave out 5 SCONS in 12months compared to approx 90 the year before. The only people the cops are seizing cannabis from now are under 18s, people with too much weed or too many plants or commercial grow ops( PGR shit). A friend of mine dropped of her girlfriend at home at it was being raided and my friend wasn't allowed to leave without being searched so she told them she had some pot and they didn't even look and let her go with her 3 ounces(34g over limit). They told her its legal here now and off she went.
Today I'm smoking some lovely master Kaze I legally or illegally grew in Cannaberra.

Yawn - pic from a legal US grow I worked with recently. This is what legalisation looks like. What it also looks like is regulations that protect consumers such as pesticide compliance regs etc. What legalisation doesn't look like is what is happening in the ACT right now. Oh and yep same in the US. Legal in the states but not legal federally although I expect this will change in the not so distant future. Already the US Fed is making tentative steps towards legalisation and now the US is positioned between Canada (Rec and Med legal) and Mexico (Med legal now and Rec legal in the coming months) I expect this will push things along.

Attachments

• Colorado-Grow-small.jpg
    Colorado-Grow-small.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 12
Still illegal to have cannabis seeds in ACT, someone from another forum recently got his plants chopped down from his balcony in ACT due to them being over 150g.

As someone from Melbourne, it is most certainly not legal down here.

Also isn't it now illegal to purchase 1000w HID lights in South Australia?

Carbon filters and any lighting equipment over 400 watts are illegal to have in your possession in South Australia. If a grower gets nabbed with the gear they are charged with possession of prescribed equipment whether there is a plant there or not. These laws date back to about 2010. Straight from the scums mouth

Q 3 What is prescribed hydroponics equipment?
A Under the Act, hydroponic equipment means - equipment that is designed to be used, or is of a kind that is commonly used, for a purpose related to the cultivation of plants using hydroponic methods. The following hydroponics equipment is prescribed equipment: ·
metal halide lights, high pressure sodium lights and mercury vapour lights of 400 watts or greater; ·
ballast boxes designed or intended for use in association with the above lights; ·
devices (including control gear, lamp mounts and reflectors) designed to amplify light or heat and capable of being used with the above lights; ·
carbon filters designed to filter air within a room, or from one area of a building to another or to outside;
· units designed to contain plants and rotate around a light source so that the plants grow hydroponically while being exposed to a consistent degree of light or heat or both.

Also you can do life in South Australia for growing a bit of weed while a kiddy fiddler will walk in two years. Twisted place with the most fucked up laws in Australia.

Yawn - pic from a legal US grow I worked with recently. This is what legalisation looks like. What it also looks like is regulations that protect consumers such as pesticide compliance regs etc. What legalisation doesn't look like is what is happening in the ACT right now. Oh and yep same in the US. Legal in the states but not legal federally although I expect this will change in the not so distant future. Already the US Fed is making tentative steps towards legalisation and now the US is positioned between Canada (Rec and Med legal) and Mexico (Med legal now and Rec legal in the coming months) I expect this will push things along.

Yawn yourself bud. That is NOT LEGAL WEED. And you are actually admitting to committing a federal crime. US federal law: Marijuana is a schedule 1 narcotic in ALL THE USA and territories. Just like it is in Oz. And if you think that Biden is going to legalize it, think again. He has made a career out of making drugs a crime. His Veep has put away so many "marijuana criminals" it is not even funny. Its been 'just about to be legalized' since Obama first took office what, 13 years ago now? YAWN.... tap tap tap... I am still waiting... and the feds could bust you wide open if they wanted. I saw that happen in California very recently. They did not bust anyone. No, They just raided the cash. Yeah, its still an all cash business. Even hemp regs have not yet been finalized. And the fact is that the Republicans are the ones that legalized hemp. Not the Democrats. Mexico and Canada will have little influence. I bet that Biden will hold off on legal weed and make it a platform for the next election to get votes. I hope I am wrong, but I have seen this drag out since I first voted on legal weed in California on the ballot in the 1970s.

You talk a lot of crap yourself about being the all knowing expert on American politics, as what? An ex-pat Aussie living in Colorado? If this is your way of making friends and communicating, I do not see a very bright future for you here. We Americans take exception to your Aussie line of chit chat. But you know all, don't you? You can even predict the future! Don't let your crystal balls fall on the floor there bud, you might trip over them.

Last edited:
Dude stop talking shit and read the laws on Government and legal sites - not on some blog that some no nothing moron like yourself wrote. SA has had decriminalisation. Over ruled and now SA has the toughest laws in Australia. WA had decriminalisation. Now over ruled. Decriminalisation is a set up for failure. And as you clearly have no fucking idea about Australia perhaps stop showing your flat out ignorance about the subject.

Telling me that I am talking shit and calling me a moron? There you go buddy... You Aussies know everything about everything... amusing. But typical. You all pick fights over anything and everything. Too bad life sucked so bad for you down under. You are so obviously self deserving of that though. Put your country down. Good job. Call me names, Good job that. What big balls you have. Yeah. And sad that you cannot have even the slightest polite conversation. But that's your nature, isn't it? Call us morons and tell us we talk shit and no one else can have an opinion that does not agree with yours. Laughable.

No weed in South Aus is not decriminalised. South Australia has the toughest weed laws in Australia you dribbling idiot.

Oh there you go again. I am a dribbling idiot. Yes, tell me how it is bud. Such superior communication skills you have. You better clean up all the incorrect internet posts that I have referenced here. Make sure you use your colorful potty mouth language when you tell them how it really is. That will make them be really really receptive to your rants. Maybe they will even bow to you or cower in fear. Ooooooohhhhh..... such omnipotence! The way that you make enemies you should be a politician! Oh, but you would have to become a citizen first. You do have a green card to work here, yes? Or an H1-B at least?

Last edited:
Clearly a moving target. Legislation going back and forth depending on the party in charge and their back room dealings. Politicians and cops gonna be politicians and cops. There is energy in this argument but it is not necessary to name call and demean as this is behavior not consistent with house rules. This is not about us vs them- we need each other in this fight. Please respect each other, resolve your issues maturely or walk away.

🤙Mu

Telling me that I am talking shit and calling me a moron? There you go buddy... You Aussies know everything about everything... amusing. But typical. You all pick fights over anything and everything. Too bad life sucked so bad for you down under. You are so obviously self deserving of that though. Put your country down. Good job. Call me names, Good job that. What big balls you have. Yeah. And sad that you cannot have even the slightest polite conversation. But that's your nature, isn't it? Call us morons and tell us we talk shit and no one else can have an opinion that does not agree with yours. Laughable.

Spinner of fairy tales is probably more appropriate. I doubt you'd know the truth if it walked up to you and belted you in the head with a baseball bat.

Oh there you go again. I am a dribbling idiot. Yes, tell me how it is bud. Such superior communication skills you have. You better clean up all the incorrect internet posts that I have referenced here. Make sure you use your colorful potty mouth language when you tell them how it really is. That will make them be really really receptive to your rants. Maybe they will even bow to you or cower in fear. Ooooooohhhhh..... such omnipotence! The way that you make enemies you should be a politician! Oh, but you would have to become a citizen first. You do have a green card to work here, yes? Or an H1-B at least?

If you knew anything at all about Australia champ you'd know we throw a F in with every 3 to 5 words and a C for good measure with every sentence:) Hey BS have you ever even been to Australia?

Last edited:
Clearly a moving target. Legislation going back and forth depending on the party in charge and their back room dealings. Politicians and cops gonna be politicians and cops. There is energy in this argument but it is not necessary to name call and demean as this is behavior not consistent with house rules. This is not about us vs them- we need each other in this fight. Please respect each other, resolve your issues maturely or walk away.

🤙Mu

Fair enough but perhaps put a filter on this guy. And yes I think the issue is legalisation versus decriminalisation. Decriminalisation being a set up for failure in most cases while legalisation becomes more concrete, instituted and long term. Where countries or states of countries have had decriminalisation in about all cases to date this has been short term. I.e,. well that failed..... over ruled. Meanwhile there is no acknowledgement of the fact that any failings were as a result of the pseudo laws being a setup for failure.

Yawn yourself bud. That is NOT LEGAL WEED. And you are actually admitting to committing a federal crime. US federal law: Marijuana is a schedule 1 narcotic in ALL THE USA and territories. Just like it is in Oz. And if you think that Biden is going to legalize it, think again. He has made a career out of making drugs a crime. His Veep has put away so many "marijuana criminals" it is not even funny. Its been 'just about to be legalized' since Obama first took office what, 13 years ago now? YAWN.... tap tap tap... I am still waiting... and the feds could bust you wide open if they wanted. I saw that happen in California very recently. They did not bust anyone. No, They just raided the cash. Yeah, its still an all cash business. Even hemp regs have not yet been finalized. And the fact is that the Republicans are the ones that legalized hemp. Not the Democrats. Mexico and Canada will have little influence. I bet that Biden will hold off on legal weed and make it a platform for the next election to get votes. I hope I am wrong, but I have seen this drag out since I first voted on legal weed in California on the ballot in the 1970s.

You talk a lot of crap yourself about being the all knowing expert on American politics, as what? An ex-pat Aussie living in Colorado? If this is your way of making friends and communicating, I do not see a very bright future for you here. We Americans take exception to your Aussie line of chit chat. But you know all, don't you? You can even predict the future! Don't let your crystal balls fall on the floor there bud, you might trip over them.

Actually mate I live in Mexico:) Again you skew info. And frankly no I couldn't give a rats about US politics - it's a shit show is my read. A country divided. An empire falling and imploding. Not a place I choose to live. Not bad for a visit but definitely not a country I would live in. But enjoy that.

Actually mate I live in Mexico:) Again you skew info. And frankly no I couldn't give a rats about US politics - it's a shit show is my read. A country divided. An empire falling and imploding. Not a place I choose to live. Not bad for a visit but definitely not a country I would live in. But enjoy that.
how much land do you own down in mexico?

Fake news lies , the only people divided are main stream media . As someone that lives in America I have to go to fake news to experience the great divided /riots . I've seen or experienced non of it . It's been about 6 months since everything opened back up , I'm seeing less mask being used , but listen to the news and all hell is breaking loose,covid is rapid , people fighting in the streets , guns everywhere, no it's just media candy for foreign viewers, the real American is operating fine

Back