Federal legal weed making headway in US and Australia

Big Sur

As is happening with hemp in the US right now, legalizing marijuana is making headlines in the US and Australia this week. In Australia today the Greens Party called for making marijuana legal in Australia and allow for the licensing of growers and state control of the distribution (like in Nevada) and selling in licensed stores to anyone over the age of 18. 18! They are also calling for allowing people to grow up to 6 plants at home.

Former Speaker of The House John Boehner also made an announcement late last week that he is taking a position as a board member of Acreage Holdings, a marijuana investment company active in 11 US states. At the same time he is calling for the rescheduling of marijuana in the US. Which is a critical step in legalizing marijuana here in the states. If you do not know, marijuana was made illegal in the US in 1937 with the Marijuana Tax Act. Many states had made it illegal before then, starting with California in 1913. The Mj Tax Act was stricken down in 1969 by the Supreme Court, so Congress passed the Controlled Substances Act in 1970 to replace it and Emperor Nixon signed it into law. Emperor Nixon raised the level of marijuana to a Schedule 1 narcotic in his war on hippies, and raised the level of heroin to Schedule 1 in his war on blacks in order to get re-elected in 1972 (Why change Dicks in the middle of a screw, vote for Nixon in 72!). In 1973 Nixon created the DEA to fight his "War on Drugs". Which was really his war on hippies and blacks.

At any rate, as a schedule 1 narcotic, marijuana is defined by the DEA as a controlled substance with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. As a result, doctors cannot legally prescribe Marijuana in the US. They can only write an "advisory" to use it. Also as a schedule 1 drug, no one can legally do research on marijuana without one of the extremely limited licenses issued by the DEA. Also only a few federal licenses have been issued for growing marijuana in the US, for research or 'clandestine' reasons. Since 1970, US marijuana research has been virtually non-existent. Moving marijuana lower to schedule 3 or 4 would open the gates for allowing marijuana Rx to be written, marijuana research to be done, and lessen the federal laws against growing and using marijuana. And perhaps the most critical of all, it would allow banks to do business with marijuana licensed growers, processors and retailers, which up to this point has been an all cash business. It would also put aside the RICO laws against marijuana and allow states more room for legalization.

Canada is also plowing along and is said to be on the path to legalizing marijuana in 2018. Mexico also made medical marijuana (really hemp) legal early in 2017 and they are calling for limited legalization of marijuana in 2018. So we are making global headway now in marijuana legalization. At least in North and Central America and Oz. Its a Brave New World. Meanwhile pot prices are plummeting where weed is legal. Last week I went to several shops in Portland and they were selling weed by the gram starting at $5 a gram, with tax. One store had an oz of GG#5 listed for $60. I have not seen good weed for $60 since... 1978 or so. I was spoiled in California in 1978. Cheap and good weed a plenty. The best of the best, imported from around the globe. Carter had virtually decriminalized it. Everyone git high then. Now it will all be restricted with endless regulations, but at least it will be legal. And I have my landrace seed collection here on ice.

To the future of legalized weed! I never saw this happening in my lifetime. The fight is not over yet, but we are gaining ground.

Last edited:
Greens only making noise, political deflection.. nothing to see here... and by listening to talkback today, lots of anti campaign noise to educate..

Boehner, the guy that voted for tougher weed laws all along, and now he gets on the bandwagon of big business takeover.
Id never buy anything he has his hands in.

"HYPOCRITE".

He Never Apologized for all those he helped incarcerate for decades.

IM ONE OF THEM.
I got 10 - Life Mandatory Minimum, and a $3,000,000 - $5,000,000 Fine, which was waived. Cant get blood out of a turnip. I also told the FEDERAL Prosecutor... KEVIN DICKEN, and the FBI FUCK YOU, to their faces when they tried to get me to RAT.
Boehner had been in Congress for 6 years by this time, and 1 of the Most Vocal of those calling for tougher marijuana sentencing. He came into Congress in 1991. I was busted in 97.

I did 7 years in Federal Prison, and 6 Years Supervised Release. 13 years altogether.

When he makes a Public Apology stating how sorry he is for putting people in prison for decades, and then doing some good volunteer work. He may be able to slightly rehab his past. But it wont be quick.

... Somebody might NOT want to telegraph so many specifics about who they are. ;)

Last edited:
... Somebody might NOT want to telegraph so many specifics about who they are. ;)

Yeah bruh. You got me Im Dr Richard Di Natale. Who else could I be?

Not like i could ever possibly use a search engine. Or a VPN or TOR...

You're a regular Sherlock Holmes. ;)

Pretty sweet passive aggressive attempt at a threat of doxxing. ;)

At least in South Oz, weed is decriminalized. I would rather it be that way here myself. Legal weed in Oregon is regulated and taxed and licensed to death. Both rec and medical.

As for Boehner, you were not the only one tossed into the slammer here bub. From the sounds of it, you are still stuck back in the can though. Be free. We are not in the Nixon-Reagan era any more. Nixon tried to kill us with paraquat. Reagan spent us into massive debt. They both amped up prosecution for Mj. Politicians are always willing to flip and make a ton of money when they leave office. In the case of Boehner though, he is doing a lot more than a lot of Democrats are on legalized weed. You would rather he remained stead fast against legal weed, what, for consistency sake? Where would that get us? Obama could have re-scheduled weed, but he did not. He left that open as a campaign promise for Hillary. She rigged the DNC primaries and got caught. She should be in the slammer as well, according to the FBI. Meh... if the Republicans are stealing a page from the Democrats to legalize weed, I am all for it. I am in neither party myself.

Viva Sativa!

Last edited:
At least in South Oz, weed is decriminalized. I would rather it be that way here myself. Legal weed in Oregon is regulated and taxed and licensed to death. Both rec and medical.

As for Boehner, you were not the only one tossed into the slammer here bub. From the sounds of it, you are still stuck back in the can though. Be free. We are not in the Nixon-Reagan era any more. Nixon tried to kill us with paraquat. Reagan spent us into massive debt. They both amped up prosecution for Mj. Politicians are always willing to flip and make a ton of money when they leave office. In the case of Boehner though, he is doing a lot more than a lot of Democrats are on legalized weed. You would rather he remained stead fast against legal weed, what, for consistency sake? Where would that get us? Obama could have re-scheduled weed, but he did not. He left that open as a campaign promise for Hillary. She rigged the DNC primaries and got caught. She should be in the slammer as well, according to the FBI. Meh... if the Republicans are stealing a page from the Democrats to legalize weed, I am all for it. I am in neither party myself.

Viva Sativa!

Weed was never legal in South Aus Big Sur. It was for a while sort of decriminalised for under 10 plants. Now though and for many years SA has perhaps the toughest laws in Australia where there is a no hydro plant limit and growers can be arrested for possession of hydroponic equipment under a Draconian prescribed equipment law. Keep in mind that doesn't mean you need a single cannabis plant - you simply need to be in possession of HID lighting or carbon filters and you're going to court on criminal charges. Aus is retarded - US State laws are far better..... that simple.

Last edited:
The Green Party launched a similiar campaign here yesterday, but as growstone says, they are just making noise and everyone knows they wont get far with it.

Green Party wants to bring Amsterdam-style cannabis coffee shops to Ireland

Yep it has already crashed in all effect. I think anyone who is optimistic about Australia becoming progressive anytime soon is delusional. It will be a cold day in hell by the time Australia legalises and this will only be after numerous other countries legalise, so take a breath and wait 20 - 30 years perhaps. Or move:)

Well, since I posted this thread 2 years ago a lot has happened here in the states, Canada and in Mexico. The US now has 15 states that have legalized rec weed and they are part of the 36 states and several territories that have legalized medical marijuana in some form or other. Also hemp has been fully legalized here in the US at the federal level, though some states like Idaho are claiming that hemp with any measurable THC is marijuana and thus not legal there. It is being debated in the courts. In the meantime the US federal laws on hemp have been eased and hemp may now have up to 1% THC instead of the 0.3% that was the old limit. Also in Mexico the supreme court and the federal legislature have passed marijuana mandates and bills to legalize recreational marijuana there. It is expected to pass the senate there and be signed into law by the president of Mexico this year. So the vast majority of area in North America is now or will soon be weed legal in some form or other. Some US legal rec weed states allow growing, some do not. Canadian provinces vary on grow laws there. Mexico will also allow personal grows there of us to 6 plants.

From Oz I read that the Australian Capital Territory legalized growing marijuana last year. I also read that Australia has proposed amendments to the Narcotic Drugs Act that would overhaul the medical cannabis industry by streamlining the licensing process for businesses and ensure access for patients. So at least some form of medical marijuana is legal there.

As is happening with hemp in the US right now, legalizing marijuana is making headlines in the US and Australia this week. In Australia today the Greens Party called for making marijuana legal in Australia and allow for the licensing of growers and state control of the distribution (like in Nevada) and selling in licensed stores to anyone over the age of 18. 18! They are also calling for allowing people to grow up to 6 plants at home.

Former Speaker of The House John Boehner also made an announcement late last week that he is taking a position as a board member of Acreage Holdings, a marijuana investment company active in 11 US states. At the same time he is calling for the rescheduling of marijuana in the US. Which is a critical step in legalizing marijuana here in the states. If you do not know, marijuana was made illegal in the US in 1937 with the Marijuana Tax Act. Many states had made it illegal before then, starting with California in 1913. The Mj Tax Act was stricken down in 1969 by the Supreme Court, so Congress passed the Controlled Substances Act in 1970 to replace it and Emperor Nixon signed it into law. Emperor Nixon raised the level of marijuana to a Schedule 1 narcotic in his war on hippies, and raised the level of heroin to Schedule 1 in his war on blacks in order to get re-elected in 1972 (Why change Dicks in the middle of a screw, vote for Nixon in 72!). In 1973 Nixon created the DEA to fight his "War on Drugs". Which was really his war on hippies and blacks.

At any rate, as a schedule 1 narcotic, marijuana is defined by the DEA as a controlled substance with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. As a result, doctors cannot legally prescribe Marijuana in the US. They can only write an "advisory" to use it. Also as a schedule 1 drug, no one can legally do research on marijuana without one of the extremely limited licenses issued by the DEA. Also only a few federal licenses have been issued for growing marijuana in the US, for research or 'clandestine' reasons. Since 1970, US marijuana research has been virtually non-existent. Moving marijuana lower to schedule 3 or 4 would open the gates for allowing marijuana Rx to be written, marijuana research to be done, and lessen the federal laws against growing and using marijuana. And perhaps the most critical of all, it would allow banks to do business with marijuana licensed growers, processors and retailers, which up to this point has been an all cash business. It would also put aside the RICO laws against marijuana and allow states more room for legalization.

Canada is also plowing along and is said to be on the path to legalizing marijuana in 2018. Mexico also made medical marijuana (really hemp) legal early in 2017 and they are calling for limited legalization of marijuana in 2018. So we are making global headway now in marijuana legalization. At least in North and Central America and Oz. Its a Brave New World. Meanwhile pot prices are plummeting where weed is legal. Last week I went to several shops in Portland and they were selling weed by the gram starting at $5 a gram, with tax. One store had an oz of GG#5 listed for $60. I have not seen good weed for $60 since... 1978 or so. I was spoiled in California in 1978. Cheap and good weed a plenty. The best of the best, imported from around the globe. Carter had virtually decriminalized it. Everyone git high then. Now it will all be restricted with endless regulations, but at least it will be legal. And I have my landrace seed collection here on ice.

To the future of legalized weed! I never saw this happening in my lifetime. The fight is not over yet, but we are gaining ground.

Australia are years and years away from legalisation. Pack of retards for politicians and a country that votes for any redneck who claims they will stop the boats. I'd be picking Australia as one of the last countries to go legal. DAF Pig State. That's why I left the shit hole.

Australia are years and years away from legalisation. Pack of retards for politicians and a country that votes for any redneck who claims they will stop the boats. I'd be picking Australia as one of the last countries to go legal. DAF Pig State. That's why I left the shit hole.

Well, I would never say never. I NEVER IN MY WILDEST DREAMS believed that weed would be legal not in one, but both of my home states (Oregon and California) in my lifetime. For medical and rec weed. At least Oz has medial weed. And the capital territory in Oz legalized it last year. So at least it is on the agenda there.

Well, I would never say never. I NEVER IN MY WILDEST DREAMS believed that weed would be legal not in one, but both of my home states (Oregon and California) in my lifetime. For medical and rec weed. At least Oz has medial weed. And the capital territory in Oz legalized it last year. So at least it is on the agenda there.

Completely different countries with completely different people and politics. Yes the US may very well go Fed legal - there is already some tentative steps being made here. Many of the States are now legal so it is getting a bit hard for the Fed to not begin looking at legalisation - it makes economic and political sense. Australia is the retarded country mate - I haven't got much good to say about the place and I am an Australian - actually an Australian who has no intention of ever returning to the shit hole. Only fuckers on the planet that turned on their own during Covid and now there are over 40,000 Australians stranded off shore. Police state ponzi scheme I wouldn't piss on if it caught fire.

"And the capital territory in Oz legalized it last year." No they decriminalized with utter shit laws which are tantamount to entrapment - toss in getting ripped and home invaded thanks to these shite laws. I.e.

Cannabis is not legal in the ACT, it has been decriminalised. The ACT has removed penalties for adults who possess or use small amounts of cannabis so they can get support without fear of being put through the justice system. New rules around personal use of cannabis came into effect on 31 January 2020. https://www.act.gov.au/cannabis/home

You don't seem to have a good handle on Australia BS. But safe to say Aus will be one of the last places on the planet to legalise because the country is run by retards who win elections based on xenophobic policies that violate fundamental human rights. The prob with this is the retards have too many retards who vote for these imbeciles so really the problem is both political and the people.

Well, I just go by what my many cousins in Melbourne and Adelaide tell me, and what I read in the press. You say I do not know shit about what is happening in Oz, but lets look at several sources online. This is from Weedmaps. Its states clearly: "The ACT legalized recreational marijuana on September 25, 2019." This from:

Or this site, a legal/law web page that specifically states: "The ACT is the first Australian jurisdiction to legalize the use and growth of cannabis for personal reasons." This from:

There are lots of sites that repeat this use of the word LEGALIZE and the ACT in Australia. If you have issues with this, I suggest that you take it up with them, eh? Ranting at me is not going to do you much good. I am just the messenger here.

I live in the A.C.T. and the law is a bit confusing, our local gov tells us it's legal to have certain amounts but fed gov says it's not legal. It's been decrim here since early 90's with police issuing SCON(simple cannabis offence notice) $100 fine. Since the new laws came into effect last year the cops only gave out 5 SCONS in 12months compared to approx 90 the year before. The only people the cops are seizing cannabis from now are under 18s, people with too much weed or too many plants or commercial grow ops( PGR shit). A friend of mine dropped of her girlfriend at home at it was being raided and my friend wasn't allowed to leave without being searched so she told them she had some pot and they didn't even look and let her go with her 3 ounces(34g over limit). They told her its legal here now and off she went.
Today I'm smoking some lovely master Kaze I legally or illegally grew in Cannaberra.

Attachments

• received_306534034221316.jpeg
    received_306534034221316.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back