Far red emerson effect

the more proach of the emmerson effext is hps

Emerson-Effect.png
This doesnt seem to me like a HPS spectrum. HPS has much more orange and yellow and less blue and red. This is LED spectrum.

Only 30%? Where did you get that number from? Anyway, I dont think its that easy. LED lights for sure also emit heat since there is no process on earth without energy losses. Therefore LEDs require cooling units. Also the amount of energy in the different photons is not equal. To produce a blue photon it takes more energy than to produce a red photon and red takes more energy than infrared. So if you replace HPS by LED you basically replace a lot of infrared radiation by more blue and more red, which consume more energy to be emitted. So the relation is not linear, meaning that if you remove 50% of the infrared radiation you will not be able to get 50% more PAR light with the saved amount of energy.
only the part under the white is for the plant of all the light produce

800px-PAR_HPS_Spectral_Comparison.png

only the part under the white is for the plant of all the light produce

800px-PAR_HPS_Spectral_Comparison.png
I think you got something wrong bro. The colored surface is the mc cree curve and the white line is the HPS spectrum. The mc cree curve describes the maximum efficiency with which photons can be converted into chemical energy during photosynthesis. To me it looks like most of the spectrum is in the PAR range, except the relatively large peak all on the right. That peak is infrared radiation, so heat.

A +/- 640qatt led produces as much as a 1000w de hps in a 5×5 footprint I believe . Less watts means less heat . Watts are the measurement you need to look at for how much heat is added to the room so 1000 true watt led produce just as much heat as an hps . However it is not concentrated at one point like hps. Rather over a larger surface area which with appropriate heat sinks will dissipate the heat more evenly.

so 1000 true watt led produce just as much heat as an hps . However it is not concentrated at one point like hps. Rather over a larger surface area which with appropriate heat sinks will dissipate the heat more evenly.

leds no produce heat like lamp is the advantage

a 600 watt hps is 300°c mh is more hot but leds that no produce this kind on temperature i no agree with you watt is no equal to heat

1000w on lamp and 1000w on leds no producte the same temperature but their use the same energy quantity

A +/- 640qatt led produces as much as a 1000w de hps in a 5×5 footprint I believe . Less watts means less heat . Watts are the measurement you need to look at for how much heat is added to the room so 1000 true watt led produce just as much heat as an hps . However it is not concentrated at one point like hps. Rather over a larger surface area which with appropriate heat sinks will dissipate the heat more evenly.

You must consider the differences in efficiency between the two compared lamps. An Hps will be something like 30-35% efficient and for a now a days led it will be something 50-55% efficient so HPS will produces up to 25% more heat then the led does.

As always i'm just interjecting from the peanut gallery. LEDs are harder to pinpoint because they can be run in so many configurations at the manufacturing level. I mean specifically overdriven, underdriven, and optimal power input. Their performance is much harder to pigeonhole because they are all over the board.

...Their performance is much harder to pigeonhole because they are all over the board...
New technology- similar to the difference between analog and digital. Less heat, more efficient. LED not standardized depends on diode type and population size based on manufacturer spec.
I can say that this last grow yielded very sticky, potent buds. I have yet to compare yields. Other than having to provide additional heat during certain seasons, I like the clean, quiet design which aids in better air circulation and light penetration thoughout the room. I like my HLG's and as mentioned earlier, I was able to secure a 15% discount for MNS Forum members. Not sure if this is still happening but several of us took advantage of the offer at the time.

🤙mu

Back