F(8)ate ×hazeac testers done by Islandgrower1

Hello @Islandgrower! :)

In the picture with the plant F8 AC 1, what is the Chinese Torture Contraption in blue container behind the plant? Asking for my girlfriend as she was very interested in it. With a mischievous twinkle in her eye, she asked me, "What does it do?". I told her that I did not know, but that I would ask Islandgrower. He would know what it does.

Glad to see that you are getting females! :D

Longball

Last edited:
Hello @Islandgrower! :)

In the picture with the plant F8 AC 1, what is the Chinese Torture Contraption in blue container behind the plant? Asking for my girlfriend as she was very interested in it. With a mischievous twinkle in her eye, she asked me, "What does it do?". I told her that I did not know, but that I would ask Islandgrower. He would know what it does.

Glad to see that you are getting females! :D

Longball
Hahaha took me a while to figure out what you meant. It is a Gelato clone which I tied down in numerous ways to spread her out with bamboo stakes. Will post a pic soon . I am currently trying to save her from rootmealybugs by treating with hydrogen peroxide. To eliminate before I put her to flower. @longball

Looks like it is working pretty good, Islandgrower! That's the main thing. Yes, use what is available, sometimes that is all there is. Good Luck with that and hopefully the rootmealyworms is an easy problem to solve!

Longball
Far from it those are worse than the borg (mites) usually you don't see them until it is too late . Problem is if she was not in such a large container I might have gotten rid of them already. But that is a lot of medium to saturate properly. I will treat her tonight once more and I will put her to flower tomorrow hopefully weather permitting. We just had a brush with T.S fiona which is bearing down on Puerto Rico now. We got mostly rain with some 35kt gusts.

Hello Islandgrower! :)

You may want to consider moving the mealy bug infested plant away from the other plants so they don't get infested also?

While I am confident that you looked into this pretty thoroughly, here are a couple other sites that contain some info about mealy bugs, especially in soil or roots.

https://plantcaretoday.com/mealybugs-in-soil.html

Soaking the roots in hot water is interesting - it is in the 2nd link I sent.
Good Luck eradicating those bastiges! Phuckers!

Longball

Hello Islandgrower! :)

You may want to consider moving the mealy bug infested plant away from the other plants so they don't get infested also?

While I am confident that you looked into this pretty thoroughly, here are a couple other sites that contain some info about mealy bugs, especially in soil or roots.

https://plantcaretoday.com/mealybugs-in-soil.html

Soaking the roots in hot water is interesting - it is in the 2nd link I sent.
Good Luck eradicating those bastiges! Phuckers!

Longball
Thanks bro and yes i have researched a lot about them a warm water flood of iirc 120F° water should kill them . Edit: Yes I should have moved it away however for now I keep all other plants raised of the floor and will treat any that do have.

F8 as in female #8?
How do you like those root maker pots? I found them difficult to transplant from and also the soil needs to be fairly rich and not too loose or it will drain too fast. I feel like they’d be great for coco

F8 as in female #8?
How do you like those root maker pots? I found them difficult to transplant from and also the soil needs to be fairly rich and not too loose or it will drain too fast. I feel like they’d be great for coco
I love them they give the plants a good headstart and when transplanted they do not take long to take off. Transplanting is not too difficult. Just give it a gentle squeeze corner to opposite corner. And at the bottom just push the center a bit and they pop right out. They dry out quickly which helps as well with root growth. If put in a 1020 tray I water from the bottom. 8 fit in the tray perfectly. And they are great with coco as well. I also have the small ones which I could start seeds in but I know I would lose some because my watering is irregular.

Back