Early Skunk diary long overdue

Even though I got a 6x8 portable green house, I culled 50+% of the bush due to mold. I’ve had bud rot before, but never true mold like I saw. The clincher to cull its was when I tried cutting off a stem that had active mold on it, and I saw mold spores fly all over the rest of the plant. Kind of grossed me out and decided didn’t want any more of it.
I still yielded four others, in which only one produced good hard buds, the others were fluffy.
Compared to the same early skunk I grew indoors, I got better bud results in firmness, yield, aroma, and overall growth. I also didn’t give much attention to the outdoor plants, so I’m sure that had something to do with it. My outdoor grow was just for experience, and I still think my best bet would be just to grow some strong auto flowers and avoid the rains of September.
I’m going to be Santa Claus and give the outdoor early Skunk away to my neighbors and friends.

Hey Skunkle, I know this grow is long over but for this summer if you wanna do an outside grow have you considered a black-out tent? You put the plants in there from 530pm to 1030pm starting in mid-June and you get the mid-summer sun to flower with and beat the rains by triggering the early flower. This is a picture I saw Chimera post on X but its a black-out tent and a good example of what I mean. I saw you lost so much to the Botrytis last year so maybe this could be huge for you.

Attachments

• GNZtkOAXoAEU_C4.jpg
    GNZtkOAXoAEU_C4.jpg
    674 KB · Views: 5
Hey Skunkle, I know this grow is long over but for this summer if you wanna do an outside grow have you considered a black-out tent? You put the plants in there from 530pm to 1030pm starting in mid-June and you get the mid-summer sun to flower with and beat the rains by triggering the early flower. This is a picture I saw Chimera post on X but its a black-out tent and a good example of what I mean. I saw you lost so much to the Botrytis last year so maybe this could be huge for you.
Sorry for delay, been outta town.
Txs, but too conspicuous for my neighborhood.
Trying again this year but with 7w MKS I extended, along with an ‘Early Walkabout’ and some Autos.
At first, if you don’t succeed, try, try again ✌️

Back