Early Haze Tester, Signing IN!

EEEEK!

Tip burn hit all of my girls (I'm optimistic that they're female). While out for the weekend at a wedding for one of my cousins, what was minimal curl and discoloration turned into full-blown burn:eek:. 2 of the seedlings will probably not make it......:(
So I applied a liberal amount of plain pH'd water and hopefully they'll overcome this temporary malady. For the record, I only gave them 1/4 strength compost tea (approx 140-150 ppm @.5 conversion) and I never thought this would happen. I guess I'll pop some more of the testers....:rolleyes:
so much for my green thumb....

hello 1TC,

all will come good.
you have just gotta get used to one another, I have still not fed em!.
just a little water, there is plenty of time to give them nutes.;)

#

Since I Am Using Bio Bizz Allmix I Will Not need To Feed Them Until Two Weeks Before Flowering ( I Also Use Bio Bizz Alga-Mic , Instead Of Bio Bizz Grow )
Try And keep Your CF Around 1.2 , And PH 6.5 ( Soil Grow Reccomendations As Adopted By The Likes Of Trichome Technologies Or Serious Seeds )
So , As Previously Mentioned By Yourself , 1/8th To 1/4 Strength Max During Grow Is Plenty ;), Moving Onto Full Flower When They Like A Stronger Feed ( CF1.8-2.0 )
Joe:)

I've decided!

Since these girls are gonna end up in a soil mix I might as well start them in a cool potting mix. My dynarock/perlite mix is mostly inert, but I had no idea they'd react so violently to such a low ppm. There are people around here with higher tap water ppm.... but live and learn. thankfully I only popped five at a time. here's some early shots of our early haze
DSCN2461.JPG

DSCN2462.JPG

DSCN2463.JPG

Hi All

entertaining test grows are the way of the future...nice banter and with great spirit...watching from a back seat as I too have several F1 seeds in a test and may well share a photo or two as i get things loaded up.

Keep up the great thread and success with what you do all the best Sb

it's amazing!

i wish i had comparison pix right at hand, perhaps tomorrow. my seedlings started in soil are easily 4x as large as those started in the perlite/dyna-rok mix, and they were popped a week later. i'm sold on soil, for seeds at least, from here on out. 4 parts black gold soil mix; 4 parts coco; 2 parts perlite; 1 part dyna-rok; 1 part earth worm castings....
i think i'm going to simplify this to a 50/50 mix of Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil and coco, that way i'll have fewer amendments to add in later..... wholesale cost is similar between Black Gold and Ocean Forest. about a dollars difference.:cool:

thank you for this opportunity, shanti. i'm hoping Early Haze will replace my man's standby strain, Blue Dream. selection is everything, though....:D

on a separate note, he's selecting from a pack of SSH. the favorites out of the gate are a pair of quick finishers, one with a more lemony smell and the second with a more mango odor. there's a third pheno that looks like it will take at least another two weeks, and it's smell is not so well defined yet. unfortunately for that pheno my man has little in the way of patience:confused:
and it will probably go the way of the dinosaur.

Hi 1TC,
Things are looking promising in here, will be keeping an eye on this variety as will many others I believe. Haze is truly phenomenal, with some selection you may find some real jewels.

Keep em coming :)

Here we go!!!!

We're in the semifinals, folks, and the competition is coming together.
Here are some pix, for your viewing pleasure:

that's it for now!

but there'll be more, and soon....;)

hard to believe that's only ten girls...... at least I hope they're mostly ladies.
a dude or two wouldn't be bad, though.:cool:
i'm thinking blue dream x early haze?!?!?!?!!!!!:D

hello 1TC,
think u got them girls dialled in now?. :D

it did not take long?, even though the female is typically harder to read lol.:eek:

"same the world over";).

when are you flowering them?.

heya #!:D

yeah, why fight nature? i gave in to the tao of dirt. 50/50 Ocean Forest and loose coco with heaping tablespoons of myco and bacto inoculant. we're in the process of switching our entire veg operation over to dirt from dyna-rok/perlite and coco. it's sooooo much easier.:p

My first three Early Haze plants are now reproducing in my ez cloner. once they have roots and can be transplanted into a beercup they'll be introduced to 12/12 for sexing. so that's about 2 weeks out. after that I'll start a set of cuttings from the other 7 girls (fingers crossed), and start the process anew. real quantitative flower testing is probably a month out or so. i know, i know, it's taking forever...... i'm just trying to be thorough....:eek:

hi 1TuffChick

looking real good

Dirt/Coco mix is how I grow as well. I like to also add some perlite but it depends on the soil type I use . what nutes are you using for flowering?

Good luck with these Early Hazes and keep us updated!

l33t

Thanks L33T!
:D
I'm adding perlite as well. 1-2" on the top as a fungus gnat preventative. Seems to be working so far but I have a few other weapons in the arsenal, so who knows which is the more effective one......;)

Whenever they get to bloom I'll probably just use whatever 2 part I have lying around. H&G Cocos is a major possibility, as is a locally produced nutrient from Dyna-Gro. We'll see. Regardless, I'll be flying in uncharted territory as it will not only be a new strain for me (or anyone) but a new growing experience:eek: (as I usually work in straight coco). The nutes will probably be significantly lower than I've run before also, due to the soil/coco mix. Mr. 1TuffChick is running the 50/50 mix in a different flower setup atm, and is approx 300ppm below his previous nutrient schedule. Additives at full strength with a reduced base nutrient to compensate.

What are you running atm, L33t?

Nice Substrates - Grow Mediums

Hi 1TC :)
It Was Not Until I Returned To Europe (97) That I Changed My Soil Mix From " Sunshine Mix #3 " Piled And Loosened On A Plastic Tarp On The Floor , And Adding 1/3 Perlite , 1/3 Worm castings , And A Handful Of Blood Meal, Bone Meal , And Dolomite Lime .
Specialty Soils Were Not Available , And Although Making My Own Mix ( As Per " Growing In The Great Outdoors Article By Breeder Steve ( 1996 ) . It's A Efficient Mix , Yet Requires A Lot Of Energy And A Strong Back To Mix Everything Together.
I Knew A Native Fellow In His Late 70's Who Used A Cement Mixer To Make His Blend .
In 2005 I Grew Some " WallyDuck " Ducksfoot In 100% Perlite , With Great Results .
However The Best Substrate I Have Used Is A Product Called Diahydro ( Diatomaceous Earth In Which Insects Cannot Live
I Used 50% Diahydro, 25% Hydroton ( LECA ) And 25% Cellmax ( Nee Goldenwool, Nee Sugar Cube Sized Rockwool .
With The Addition Of Cannazym http://www.growguide.info And Regular Flushing , I Was Able To Use This Medium For Three Crops Without One Infestation Of Insects ;)
Diahydro Is Available From http://www.elementshydroponics.com And Is A Medium I Hope To Use Again Some Time Soon .
Coco Is The One Substrate I Have Yet To Use ( Early Offputting Brainwash By W.H Spliff Over Salinity Levels Of Coir , I Reckon :rolleyes:
Speaking Of Leaves ; My Early Haze Has Five Fingers , Yet It Is Producing Extra leaf Blades On Top Of The Existing Ones ?
Using Cannazym , Bio Bizz Bloom , And Recently 2.5 ML Of PK13-14 Every Other Watering Is Producing Amazing Results ( On Par With Last Years MNS SSH , And A Great Outdoor Strain ; MNS SHIT , Which Despite Last Years Horrible Summer Did Extremely Well With No Mould Issues At All.
1TC ; By Using A Minimum Container Size Of 11 Litres , Your Plants Will Flourish ( Early Haze Seems To Hate Being Contained In Smaller Pots )
I'm Not Suggesting You Adopt Wenkels Suggested 300 Litre Containers ( SSUK- Growing Outdoors - Early Pearl )
65 Litre Tubs , With Rope Handles From A Builders Supply Can Be Had For £5-7.00 Each
Wishing You All The Best
Joe:)

Attachments

• Diahydro Silicate- Mix With Hydroton.jpg
    Diahydro Silicate- Mix With Hydroton.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 4
  • new substrate-DH.jpg
    new substrate-DH.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Square Ducksfoot- Square Pot.jpg
    Square Ducksfoot- Square Pot.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Eye Candy 2 - P.O.G- Zero Veg- Good Micro SOG.jpg
    Eye Candy 2 - P.O.G- Zero Veg- Good Micro SOG.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Bug Proof Medium- Wilma-Toto Approved.jpg
    Bug Proof Medium- Wilma-Toto Approved.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Mommabent and strategicaly placed bone.jpg
    Mommabent and strategicaly placed bone.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 7
  • SWTxLavender-65 Litre Soil- Big Buds.jpg
    SWTxLavender-65 Litre Soil- Big Buds.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 16
Thanks L33T!
:D
I'm adding perlite as well. 1-2" on the top as a fungus gnat preventative. Seems to be working so far but I have a few other weapons in the arsenal, so who knows which is the more effective one......;)

What are you running atm, L33t?

hi TuffChick

I use ~30% perlite inside the mix so its basically 30%coco-30%soil-30%perlite and also use a 1-2" top layer of pure perlite like you do. It sure works with gnats and other pests that during their reproductive cycle's there are development stage/s happening under the soil surface and during other stages they live above. Sand (clean fine river sand /horticultural-grade) works as good but may slow down the watering cycles as the water that is lost through evaporation from the pots' top soil surface is much less after the layer of sand is applied. I have managed to completely get rid of pestsi this way and with perlite many times and always had success. Using other methods ie yellow/blue stiky traps to kill the pests during other stages of their cycle works great along with the perlite/sand top layer.

Adjusting the soil moisture and keeping it dry for prolonged periods wil also help with some pests.

BTW at the moment I m running Nevilles'Haze x MangoHaze outdoors organic soil/BioBizz GrowBloom ferts with added seaweed (liquid extract).

Back