Early Haze Tester, Signing IN!

1TuffChick

Salutations to all with an interest in this very special Early Haze test!;)

My indoor experience is just beginning, but I've got some help from some GOOD friends. Hopefully I can do right by the genetics with my own humble attempts at recreating mother nature. 600 watts on an old Future Brite ballast will be my sunshine. Depending on shanti's advice concerning stretch and plant numbers, I may or may not use a conversion bulb to stall out some of the stretch. Bloom will most likely be with a Hortilux 600 HPS bulb. House & Garden is what I'd prefer to use, nutrient-wise, but this may change if I'm persuaded to go soil-style instead of coco with a drip feed. I like to keep my options open:D.

My small testing area is ~ 3.5ft x 3ft x 8ft in what must have been a mechanical room off of a garage. I'm calling it "The Cinderblock."
There is a small window style A/C unit installed through the wall, not sure of the BTU/h. The closet next door holds my compost tea / beneficial bacteria brewer.

All surviving seedlings will be cloned, except males obviously:p, and I anticipate germinating the seeds in batches of 5 or so. What I'd like to do is to run the girls short, around 2 ft tall, scrogged fully. This would allow me to run the cinderblock lab as a double-decker, with clones below under fluoros.:rolleyes: We'll see how all that works out....

1TC out!

hello 1TC,

must say the place is looking sweet!.:p

It will be nice to have a womens touch about the place!.:cool:

Shogirl has not signed in yet.

good luck!.

#

Thanks for dropping in, #!
I did all the decorating myself, can't you tell?;)

Shogirl and I will probably have to start up a women's forum next, lol....:p

however, as a lucky member of the chosen testing crew I feel that I've been treated more than fair so far:D

SOOOOOOO........ where oh where is my postman?

Hi fellow scrogger :)

I'm still undecided whether to scrog my test beans or not (maybe half n half), but I'll be watching yours with great interest...

happy screening
j :)

Hi 1TC- They Say Women Make Better Growers Than Men

Hi 1TC ;
I'm Looking Forwards To Your Growshow Too:)
( I'll Find And Post Article On Women Growers V Men For You To Upload Magazine, Which Is Free )
Me ; I'm Going Au Naturel From Beginning To End , Using Same Techniques As 2005 Outdoor Grow
Wishing You All The best This Summer :)
Joe:)

I'm Going Au Naturel From Beginning To End,

Hiya Joe!

I'm Going Au Naturel, too!;) In my grow room, that is.... :pI've been told it helps reduce outside pathogens like bugs, mold or whatnot.

On a totally separate side note: how about EQSKxAH = Squaw ????
hmmmh? i always liked algebra.

Thanks for dropping in, #!
I did all the decorating myself, can't you tell?;)

Shogirl and I will probably have to start up a women's forum next, lol....:p

however, as a lucky member of the chosen testing crew I feel that I've been treated more than fair so far:D

SOOOOOOO........ where oh where is my postman?

Hi there 1toughchick lol as # was so kind to say "nice to see more ladies about the place'" Your set up sounds cool with a great cieling height and I haven't yet tried hydro am I am veryinterested but have been afraid to try as yet..sounds confusing to me so I am going to sit in the corner and watch you strut your stuff and take notes lolol. I am not able to grow the test ers and shanti is going to pass them on to someone else as my grow has evolved into a minor breeding project that I'm stuck in for another couple grows.this strain sounds good for an outside grow also and I may order some up in the future if it's going to turn out like I think. good luck and you'll have to get a good stool for to climb them heights Shogirl:)

Just make sure you get pics of yourself in the grow room, tuffchick! Once I get mine here and rolling maybe I'll do the same and we can swap pics! I feel dirty. Like i'm trying to hit someone up for cybergardensex or something.

Wow, it's NICE in here :D Scented candles, no dirty socks lying around, more than just peanut butter and bananas to snack on...
:)

Good luck with em, 1Tuff :D When they are done, I bet your friends will know you as 1Puff. :p

scaramanga, jamie, shogirl, bill, and patrick!:)!

Thank you all for stopping by along with my favorite guest:

THE POSTMAN!

My package has landed! Time to get my Early Haze Girls running....
I'll pop them in a tumbler of tap water today, hide them in my closet on the top shelf, and we'll see what we'll see.:D

On a side note: Mr.1TC and I just got back from a 300 mile, 103 degree F dualsport motorcycle ride and we're both whupped good. It might be a day or two before there's another update..... sorry to keep you all in suspense.... but it'll pay off, I promise;)

1TC out

My seeds arrived today, too.

Good luck with your grow, I'll be following along.

hello 1TC,
all sounding good!.

Includeing the bike ride!.

Like to say hello to Mr1TC too, hope he has got that wee back room all decorated and vented for you?.lol.;)

#

bobby d and mr #!

my seeds just did the strangest thing. usually i take my seeds out of the fridge and drop them in a full glass of chlorinated/chloramined tap water (prevents damping off). the water is changed every day or so with more lukewarm tap. after a couple days the fertile ones drop to the bottom of the glass and their seed casing splits, exposing the tail. sometimes i speed this process along by tapping the floating seeds down into the water, breaking the surface tension. some seeds will go almost a full week before dropping and splitting.
these seeds, EarlyQueenSkunkxAfghanHaze, i found this morning were floating on top of the water! Jesus seeds! a few had their tails fully extended and some were just starting to peek through, but they are all ready to fly! 5 for 5 so far.:D they'll all go into beercups with a 50/50 perlite and dyna-rock mix. no food till the cotyledon is fully extended.

my mister is busy with his own plants, so he's left the construction of my testing area to little ole me. my seedlings will reside in the general veg room until they're old enough to flower. i may supplement with CO2, especially since it's in such a contained area, if the mister approves the expenditure.
:rolleyes:
till next time,
1TC out:cool:

They are popping out like fly humm,great start 1tuffchick..lol one thing though dealing with mister...i would insist on the CO2 if you really want it because "I":D know that's what one tough chick is supposed to do lol lots a love sister shogirl:)

Interesting, 1TC, I use the same germ method as you and I've probably germed 1000 seeds, all the exact same way, and mine always float. in fact I get freaked out if they drop below the water! I can't tell you how many times I've had to scoop the damn seed from the bottom of the cup because I bumped it accidently and knocked some down.. I feel like a surgeon trying to get them to slowly come back up and getting them back to the top. Maybe if I let the tap root grow more before I take them out they'd drop.. My EHs are about 24 hours in now, haven't seen much action yet but a little case splitting.. Hopefully tomorrow will bring tails and smiles!

BB

I Always Tap Mine Down After 12 Hours Or So

I Have been Doing This For Some Time Now:)
A Simple Tap Will Remove Any Remnants Of Air Surrounding The Semi Soaked Seed Which Is Now heavy Enough To Sink;)
Now This Can be A Pain When It Comes Time To Removal ( I Use A Seive )
Using This Method Prevents Me From Keeping The Seeds In The Glass For Any More Than 48 Hours So As Not To " Drown Them "
So Into The Soil They Go .
"Chlorinated Tap Water Prevents Damping Off " : Well Theres A Fact I Never Knew ( I Always Allow My Chlorine To Dissipate , Then I Add The Seeds To Room Temperature Water )
All The Best 1TC

heya shogirl, bill, and joe!

things are going just swimmingly on my end of the experiment. i would insist on the mister buying a tank and regulator, but we've got a small propane burner that i suspect will be put to use. we'll see what happens after the next harvest, though.

joe, i don't remember where i heard about the chlorinated water. it was a reliable source, though. my feed water is properly filtered so as not to knock out my beneficials. when i remove the seeds from the water i use sterilized tweezers. the tweezers also help with placing the seed properly in the planting hole.

final thought: four out of five seeds have broken through to the surface and are shedding their seed casings.

Back