Dreamtime - 2013

@Wicked I love it when a family member does the exact opposite of what you ask them.Brothers,. Mine sure knows how to push my buttons sometimes.

Well last night I cut down DT1 and it is hanging to dry. My jars are getting very empty and this one was looking pretty ripe. The trich colour was mostly cloudy with very few turning amber. From my smoke tests this one seems pretty stoney so I we will see how it is when it is dry. I also have a cut of this growing outside and I will probably take clones from that plant in a couple of days.

The remaining gals are getting a bit heavy and are having a real hard time standing up, many of them are requiring additional support.

So this is what the room looks like now
img_1878.jpg

From left to right DT3, DT11 and DT8
img_1872.jpg

A better shot of DT8

img_1875.jpg

As is typical, DT8 is the only one I didn't get a clone from, it looks really nice, I wonder what the smoke will be like? I'm not sure if I should try to reveg, probably not, I've got a lot on the go right now.

Both DT3 clones have been binned.

Here is a better shot of DT11
img_1874.jpg

Any ideas what strain? I was thinking Shark Shock earlier, but I've never seen an actual Shark Shock, just some pictures on this forum.

Hey Barnflowers:

Nice looking bud. By the way, I agree with Arpege and Wicked1. Family members can to unbelievably stupid things, but you got to love 'em right? They're family:)

BF, I hope you don't mind if I put my 2 cents worth in, but to me, DT 11 doesn't look ripe enough to pluck yet... Is that you take too, or am I just too baked to see it??:D

CD

to me, DT 11 doesn't look ripe enough to pluck yet... Is that you take too, or am I just too baked to see it??:D

CD

Ya, 100% agree on that, still forming white hairs, it's just chugging along. Each plant is definitely on it's own schedule right now. :)

DT1 was ready, could have maybe gone a little longer, but not much.

DT12 is probably next, and then DT3 and DT6, then probably DT8, I think DT7 and DT11 will be last, they are very similar to each other.

Dreamtime variety

Thanks for the nice photos Barnflowers!
Good to see them nice and heavy, I guess the thing with a variety pack is alot of different finish times but what the Hay, you'll likely be too stoned to worry haha:)
Plus you'll have a few different jars to choose from for a change of taste'.
I let mine veg so long that it is finishing in record time,. only got one girl out of 4 but its the fatleafed one which actually seems abit like your nr 11 . I was also thinking shark shock by comparison with Weezy's recent posting.. definitely in the 'white' family .
As far a revegging I would do it because you just put it at the back/next to the wall next vegg cycle or put it outside even better and it should make tons of new shoots for you either to clone or take the whole bush back inside in sept.
I have 2 clones of my only DT and intend to keep them going, have also pollenated one lower branch carefully with a small brush and bottle and misted everything afterwards. I got 3 nice males out of the 4. Also crossed with my own keeper seed already showing. Love the mystery of the dreamtime:D

The Dreamtimes have totally been a treat, easy to grow, lots of variation and these girls are getting heavy in my limited experience.

I still have eight seeds left!!! :)

Just a quick update, I'll get some pics up soon but this grow is coming to an end. DT1 has been harvested and now DT3 got the chop. DT1 was hung to dry and after about eight days it is now safely in a jar. In the meantime I quick dried a little bit (in a paper bag in a car window on a hot day) and it has now been sampled a few times.

I like it, it's pretty stoney, after about two hours you really want a nap and crazy munchies! It tastes really nice even without a cure, quite hashy, so I think the stuff in the jar will be quite good in a few weeks.

As far as smells, floral with a hint of skunk and very sweet too. My paper bag was on the kitchen table with my sample inside and my wife says "why do I smell dryer sheets??", is this the smell? as I place the bag under her nose. YES!

So in my wife's opinion this stuff smells like dryer sheets!

Yield wasn't great, if I had to go again with this one I'd veg longer and probably top it to make it more of a bush, also it was only in a 1.5gal pot. I haven't weighed it yet and it still is a bit heavier than what I would consider dry. My guess is about 1 1/4 oz, it really wasn't a very large plant, very manageable indoors. I can easily make an oz last a month so I'm happy!
[[edit:after I weighed it when it was drier it was less than an oz, ho hum, it's all good just not breaking any records!]]

I'll get a report on DT3 soon, so far I can tell you it smells quite lemony,like a cleaning product, very tight buds but lots of empty space too. I already binned the clones for this one.

The surviving plants are very heavy and cannot support their own weight so I keep tying them up and they keep producing flowers although I don't think there are too many days before they stop. DT7 and DT11 both look like they will produce quite a bit (for a small pot). DT12, DT6 and DT8 all look very nice.

I will mention also that DT11 has these crazy mutation flowers that happen on the stem part of a fan leaf, I'll try and find one to get a picture.

Last edited:
Well just another brief update. On the 17th I cut down the remaining plants in the room including the NHS that wasn't ready but was too small to justify the electricity costs to keep it going.
I have to get the room ready for the Grail Widow and a few tweaks are necessary.

So some are in jars and some are hanging up. It's a little early to report on the smoke but FWIW I have made a few tests and I have an idea of what each will be like.

Overall it was a great grow, I still haven't figured out how to get a decent yield out of my space and I'm sure that the only way to do that will be with a selected clone and probably SCROG.

This grow and this year is all about selection, we shall see what the Grail delivers, in the end I hope to have a couple of select mothers and maybe a dad from the Grail Widow, I also have an NHS male growing outside that I should probably clone.

Too many options, not enough time (or money for electricity).

Hi all, so just to finish this thread off, I've had a chance to cure and smoke my harvest, I can't provide a detailed smoke report on each plant but I can give you an idea of what I found.

DT6, this plant surprised me with it's yield, I didn't weigh it but I think it was the best yielder, certainly most usable. Really nice smell, lemony, taste is good and it has an incense smell when it burns. The high is great, it's powerful smoke and it's not an instant sleepy time smoke, you can be functional but subject to fits of laughter for absolutely no reason. I have one cutting growing outdoors right now and I plan to keep this plant for a while.

DT12 I really like this plant too, beautiful structure and resinous buds, the high is quite manageable and pleasant, again not a sleepy timer. Creamy taste and smell, I think it has a lot of skunk in it but no paranoia at all. I tried cloning to move this one forward but the clone died, I could clone from a plant that I have in flowering and if I can I will but I wouldn't be destroyed to lose this one, I really don't need lots of variety.

DT11 I am almost positive that this was a shark shock, it never finished flowering, it was still pushing out white pistils when harvested, basically I needed the room. I didn't like the structure, very gangly and the buds foxtailed seemingly indefinitely. Strong smoke, not my favourite either and the yield wasn't much.

DT7 This is the only plant that I would say dissapointed, it smelled like carrots, the high was ok but the taste was terrible, it was very similar to DT11 and could have been the same strain, crappy yeild and gangly. Harvested before it was finished. I made a tiny bit of hash out of it and the rest was turned into oil.

DT3Small yield but tasty and yummy smell, the high is good, a little sleepy but very fun until the sleepies hit.

DT1 Fastest finisher, very resinous the high is pleasant but not crippling. Creamy taste and moderate yield. I have a cutting outside but I don't plan to grow this one again.

So really the only plant I am moving forward with is DT6 although I really really like DT12 and I think I will kick myself if I don't try to make another cutting. Sorry for the lack of detail, I'm no expert grower or smoker.

For posterity :D

Pictures taken Sept 20 in Atlantic Canada cuttings were put in the ground approx June 15th.

Two shots of DT6 (a cutting) growing outdoors
dscf1083.jpg

dscf1084.jpg

DT6 is in a small clearing and not getting full sun, doing quite well regardless. Next year it will be in full sun.

DT1 growing outdoors
dscf1085.jpg

DT1 is at the edge of a field, I didn't get a cutting and I think it's too late, not particularly concerned, it was a nice plant, decent buzz but not my favourite. It looks like a better yielder than DT6 but that's just because it has had way more direct sun IMHO.

Ok one more pic taken on Sept 28/13

This is DT6, it is a very concealed location but not much direct sun, it seems to be flowering nicely.

Also I took a cutting of DT12, I would be sad to loose this one.

Had to share this, this is one crazy resinous bud.
DT11

This was one of two clones. I didn't keep a clone of this but maybe I should have :eek:

Had to share this, this is one crazy resinous bud.
DT11

This was one of two clones. I didn't keep a clone of this but maybe I should have :eek:

Thank you for that,looking at giving this one ago and the photos were just what I was looking for :)

great diary man!
iv started few days ago with 1 cfl light.
didnt had 100% rate with the seedlings and some are much more faster than others but il wait and see.

thanks for your sharing, do update with DT6.

@proger - Yeah DT6 is long gone :)

I think it was a master kush plant which I grew last year indoors and running one outdoors this year.

Back