Dreamtime - 2013

Barnflowers

Well I just couldn't wait any longer, I am starting a grow thread on a pack of Dreamtime seeds won in a recent auction.
Not much to show or tell yet, I got 20 seeds in the pack and I have just put 12 in water to soak for about 8 hours. After that they will be put directly into seed starting soil.

These are all of the seeds - quite a variation in sizes.
DSCF8984.jpg

These are the seeds selected - completely random selection
DSCF8986.jpg

Seeds are shown on 1/4" graph paper (6.35mm)
I'll keep everyone posted on their progress.

Mr Barnflowers

Hey Barn,

I had a question about my ss seeds seemed smaller then usual and some where light. The bw I bought about a year ago were massive and awesome silver color! Either way all of my ss came up :) I wanted to ask you is dreamtime open pollination of just like a field of strains or was it like one year man I love this afghan skunk then the next year it was like wow I found an amazing MHz and another each year and they just kept crossing great strains, or was there an exact pedigree to the dream. Thanks in advance!

I like the graph paper Barnflowers, nice touch. Dreamtime is kind of like those old mystery packs of seeds you used to see in catalogs, but with these you know what the species is, just not the variety. I've grown some out and was very happy, still have one as a mom and still have some seeds left. Good luck and will be watching.

@ weezy...here's a quote from an older Dreamtime thread about what may be in there.

i spoke to Shanti and everything is in the DT packs...anything that he offers on the current shelf is in the packs that are made so there are the Old School and New School genetics in the packs with also some landraces which would be great to find a Shanti Northern Lights or Afghani, and the Hazes o what a deal

Hey Barn,

I had a question about my ss seeds seemed smaller then usual and some where light. The bw I bought about a year ago were massive and awesome silver color! Either way all of my ss came up :) I wanted to ask you is dreamtime open pollination of just like a field of strains or was it like one year man I love this afghan skunk then the next year it was like wow I found an amazing MHz and another each year and they just kept crossing great strains, or was there an exact pedigree to the dream. Thanks in advance!

I don't know any more than the next guy about the Dreamtime pack, officially it is marketed as a collection of strains. It's probably part of their process where at the end of the day all of the seeds that didn't successfully make it into proper packs go into a collection to be used as a variety pack, but that's pure speculation on my part. Lot's of folks claim to have found some real gems in these variety packs.

For myself, it should be a wonderful adventure and an opportunity to try strains that I would otherwise have to buy a whole pack.

Most people claim that seed size is not relevant and that the same plant can produce various seed sizes.

We shall see :)

Mr Barnflowers

Dreamtime

Glad to see you started this thread!! I just started 4 DT myself and will follow your thread with interest ! Yes on seed size/shape related to strain there is a correlation and these seeds show the variety well. Tapioca also made some good comments on this. Just on leaf shape alone I can see at least 3 varieties in the 4 seedlings of dreamtime I have started in soil as always. Good luck in the barn man!!:cool:
PS on seed size , true the size varies from plant to plant within a strain but each strain seems to have a signature seed type, round and black or elongated and striped etc
I have notice the dwarfish phenos seem to produce tiny seeds and the tiny seeds seem to produce monster plants. anyone else noticed such like?

Last edited:
Well a bit of an update, not much is going on right now.

All seeds sank to the bottom of the water at the 6 1/2 hour mark. All seeds are now in seed starting soil, bottom 1/3-1/2 has extra perlite added. Misting them morning and night.

Excited!
:)

Mr Barnflowers

Hi there BarnFlowers.
Hope you hit paydirt with your sewings!Good to hear they sank when they drank...always a good sign!
The whole seed size thing...it's oddities man!The whole world thrives on that stuff.
Anyways,keep us posted.Interested to see what'll spring up!

creamtime

Hi Barnflowers,
Looking forward to seeing what emerges from your seeds.
I've had good experience with 'dreamtime' and got some really good quality plants.
I'm just popping 10 more at the moment(from old yellow pack)they're a bit stubborn because of age,but they're definitely stirring in their shells:).
watching with interest :).

DT8 is above soil! (almost) About 3days and 8hrs after being put in water.
dt8.jpg

Probably a male :eek: , lets start the betting!

Mr Barnflowers

Last edited:
6 out of 12 are up!

No need for a picture but 6 of the 12 are showing now.
The order of appearance.
8, 3, 12, 6, 7, 11

Mr Barnflowers

Quicky update, I moved the remaining six closer to a heat source and bingo #1 is showing.

Fingers crossed for the rest.

Mr Barnflowers

So it's been a week since the 12 seeds were exposed to water. 7 very healthy looking sprouts are now basking under a couple of CFL's, 5 more are close to a heat source with no sprouts yet. I will give them another week or so before I give up, in the meantime I will probably get some NHS going (probably 4) to get the numbers up to where I had planned.

I'll snap a picture of the sprouts tomorrow DT11 is looking particularly ambitious! :)

Dreamtime!

Good to hear they're coming along Barnflowers! My dreamtime seedlings just a little ahead of yours in time, I found the germination rate on these a little weak as was the NHS . Might have been temp related. The 10 skunkhaze I just planted 5 days ago all came up within 8 hours of each other. (used bottom heating on these 4 days)
We'll all be watching the Dreamtime grow here, exciting with a mix like this , I can clearly see at least 3 different leaf patterns in the four 2 week olds I have.. will post pics later hopefully. Hope you get at least 10 to work with!;)

A couple of pictures to show their progress

Shown with a lighter for scale - standard BIC - not a mini
dt-group-shot.jpg

All the sprouts - so far
DSCF8994.jpg

DT-11 - the alpha male?
dt11-1week.jpg

So far just plain water, probably give them a bit of seaweed stuff in a few days.

dreamtime

Looking good in there ! I recognize some of the leaf shape from the 4 I have . esp # 11 stands out as does longleafed type like #12. Mine are at about the same stage of growth actually, although I think a few days older but my room is a little cool . Is that 7 in total then? Good luck on!

Yup 7 of 12, five are in a warm place but not yet sprouted. I don't have much faith that they will but with so many possible strains, it's very possible some take longer than others.

Today I am planting four NHS, three of the seeds sank within about 3 hrs, so that's a good sign, one other took 7 hours but finally sank.

I have a small computer fan on them to help with strong stems and they are under a respectable amount of light for a seedling. Probably put them under a metal halide fairly soon. If these plants are as smart as they look they are probably working on roots right now. :)

Well DT#12 seems to have taken the lead for awesomeness, and the DT's are now joined by two NHS. DT#12 is only ten days old and is showing roots at the drainage holes!

Pictures tomorrow.

Here are some pictures taken last night.
Group Shot
dt-group-shot-wk2.jpg

Dreamtime #12
dt-12.jpg

DT 8, 11 and 12

dt-8-11-12.jpg

DT 7 3 and 6
dt-7-3-6.jpg

NHS 1 and 2
nhs-starting.jpg

Seaboost Fertilizer
sea-boost.jpg

So I have been giving them some organic seaweed fertilizer, it's pretty mild and so far they seem to be loving it.

Dreaming in time

Hi Barnflowers! looking very healthy in there :) Looks like they're getting lots of light and love.. what light source you using? As you know I got 4 dreamtimes at about same age and 4 NHS sorry no pics yet , coming soon!

I have them growing under two cfl's in a little stand I built for seedlings and cuttings. The two bulbs are the biggest I could find at Walmart, I think they are 47watt (actual) and are comparable to 200watt incandescent. I believe the spectrum is 4700k so good for vegging. The dreamtimes all went into bigger pots last night so it's really crowded in there at the moment. They will go under metal halides tomorrow, once I do a little maintainence on the room.

It's very interesting to see the structure of the different plants at this stage, some are growing shoots and others not at all, it's difficult to get pictures of this with my equipment. All of the Dreamtime plants are very compact and so far, looking very indica, based on structure and leaf shape.

Another NHS sprouted this morning so that's three for four, seeds soaked for eight hours and then straight into soil.

Back