Down South sage's Nevilles Skunk 2009

D

Down South Sage

Just getting my thread going guys!My seeds landed yesterday 5/18 and I went right on and put them in a glass of water for a couple hours and then in a wet paper towel.I germed 15 out of the 20,one reason because some of my trays only hold 15 and the other in case something happens Like rabbits or floods or anything else I have a few spares to try and get a couple females to take cuttings from.If the nevilles skunk germs like my critical mass and my devil did last week they will be ready for soil by tomorrow at the latest.I'll roll up a few pics at that time.Oh yeah,I am at about 31* N on the east side of the map.I guess some people call it dixie and I think the skunk is gonna love this climate.I wish I could have gotten them started a couple weeks earlier but we will do what we have to do!!I am gonna take pics of the critical mass and devil as well plus I have about 10 black widows out and a few mango widows.Oh yeah,i also have 2 master kushX Skunks in one of my plots and one of those showed pistels yesterday so when she gets larger we will take cutting from there.

Last edited:
Hey DSS,hope you have a good run,cant wait to see how these nev's x's turn out.

would love to see your critical mass shots too.

Well i got my honda baby out to the woods yesterday and tilled in some chicken shit and limed the plots a couple times and tilled it in.I am excioted about the difference that the tiller is gonna make because you could see a noticable difference in the look and texture of the soil when I tilled down about 15"s deep the earth around me is so dark and rich its gonna be good.The other aspect of this grow that is gonna be a test is I am growing true gorilla style meaning dropped off by my mrs. running a few hundred yards diving into a neighbors land and making my garden.The part that is another test of the nevilles skunk is the fact that in most cases we can't place our plants right out in the full blown open sun.It's not logical plus there just are not that kinds of places when you are in the bush and openings in the canopy are few and far between and evn fewer with a perfect southeast to southwest opening.I have found a place where I have a really good break in the canopy and am able to get full sun most of the day and filtered from about 5 til dusk so we will see how they perform under these conditions as well because I have no doubt other growers run into this same problem.The one way I picked this spot also is it was covered with wild ferns which denote very nutrient rich soil and very good sunlight so we will see.It takes a special commitment to drag a tiller into the woods on strangers property and fire it up and til for a couple hours preparing a plot.It is amazing the tricks your mind will play on you as far as hearing things or persons that are not really there.I probably looked like a crack head out there in the middle of the woods all by myself looking around and ducking and listening.Paranoia got the best of me and as the darkness was creeping in around me I quit leaving one spot unturned and high tailed it out with tiller dragging behind.

Yo ^^that^^ is one of the best posts I've read here in a long time :D You have some huge southern balls - tiller on the neighbor's land!! I love it!! It's funny, I can see 'her' dropping you off, and you doing the same shit as me - running ~75% through the dark ass woods, prickers just kissing your face and knees, lol. Long live the guerrilla growers! :D

How crazy will it be when it's legal, and we can just fill up garbage cans in our back yards/roofs, plant, and water? No tilling, no rabbit holes, no humping water without making footprints... I am along for the ride, DSS. Best of luck, I'm sure you will have some OFFICIAL plants, tilled ground @ 31 deg.

BALLS! :D You da man, DSS.

Yes it is a sight patrick because I am a pretty big country boy.I'm talking 6'5 and bumping 300 lbs. so any covert operations out of me is really comical.I musta switched the tiller off 15 times and everytime I would get down on my knees to clean the roots from the tines and everytime without fail I started hearing things and the process would repeat itself!!!LOL!

Hahahaha that's awesome. :D
tilling.jpg

The guy that put me on is skinny like me, but he is ~6" shorter. His rabbit holes were shrinking the WHOLE summer. By the fall, I had to belly crawl, pushing a 5 gallon in front of me the whole way. He just duck walked along, lol. Needless to say, I only did that shit once. I don;t mind working out there, but busting ass for minimal returns is fukkin frustrating. Like figguring out that the patch you just spent an hour cutting out faces almost due north. I did that shit last year, had to dig up the plants the next day, and do 'improv plots', lol.

Don't wanna hijack your thread, homey :D I just get such a rush from outdoor gardening, from plot scouting/clearing to planting (you can keep the 95 degree trips for fukkin water :p) to harvesting and smoking. Fukk bugs, deer, and rippers. Love the sun, breeze, and 8' trees!

Back