• Definitely Super Silver Haze F2

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Definitely Girl Scout Cookies

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Could easily be either.. unsure

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

TGTDE

Hey everyone, been a while since I posted.
The short version of my question is this: if you had to guess do you think it’s more likely the plant below is the result of Super Silver Haze F2 (that I created from a MNS SSH grow) or more likely a Feminized Girl Scout Cookies a friend bought online?? I just researched GSC and supposed to be pretty indica leaning.. so I’m thinking most likely SSH??? 😃

FE134594-259A-4D86-8DDF-E29C10BF7F72.jpeg
5E3003C8-F33C-4837-B150-E89DFC843791.jpeg

The long version with more details: I did a Super Silver Haze grow a couple years ago and ended up making a bunch of F2 regular seeds from indica leaning Mothers and a fairly sativa looking father.

I let a friend (first time grower) have some and he grew out 8 but also mixed in three of his own feminized Girl Scout Cookies that he ordered online. Being a true newb he screwed up the labeling during one of the first transplants and hasn’t been able to confidentially establish what plants were what, since. He ended up with 7 female plants (3 would be the GSC and 4 SSH). The strange thing is 6 of the 7 females ended up looking very similar to the different indica leaning SSH mothers I had pollinated. BUT, he ended up with one plant was far different from the rest. Smaller yeilder, much looser buds and it was extra frosty. The singe father SSH I used to polinate looked to be the most sativa of all the SSH plants I grew out. I’m attaching a couple photos and curious your thoughts. What do you think the chances are that this girl may actually be one of the F2s I created… 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
FYI the grower credits me with teaching him everything he knows… cause I did 😂 so even tho I had little to do with it I’ll still feel incredibly proud of this plant if it is sort of in a little way a creation of my pollen chucking selection and all my tips / teaching I passed on to him lol.

i m not an expert of ssh but for me not the bud are bigger on the ssh (not very sativa for a haze)
the plant no look very sativa on the picture if you use a sativa father that should be more big leave
i bet on gsc plant

odor can help you for determine the genetic

how smell the plant ?

Of all the plants in his grow I thought it was the most Sativa 🤷‍♂️ here’s his tent. Of the Super silver haze I had popped I had practically all super indica plants.. so I say sativa father but really it just had the thinnest leaf fingers.. I’ll get ya a smell and smoke report soon. + a close up photo of the bud I’m going to smoke tonight!5B222A15-89AB-4B8E-BA6A-B947C97E27E8.jpeg

not bad for a newb ;) you can tell the two ones on the left for sure are SSH. id say the one in question is your random GSC seed
Thanks for the ID of the ones on the left! 👍. There were 3 GSC not just one .. I guess it’s not unheard of for wild variability even in feminized seeds.. the purple one I’m almost positive is SSH cause she looks a lot like a few of the SSH Moms I used for seed

Can't say without a smoke report, here. GSC is a hybrid originating from OG Kush which is a hybrid of Chemdog, Nevil theorized that Chem was of Nl5xHaze decent, or straight up Nl5xHaze.

If that's true, then the GSC and Super Silver Haze are cousins, distantly albeit , and could look very similiar.

Let us know how they smoke.

-Dieael840

Maybe we should start a thread where someone grows multiple chemovars, then has the Mr. NICE community guess whoch is which based off of growth, nug pics, and smoke reports. We could call it guess that strain!

Idk, it would be fun 🤓😄. If no one does it, I think I might just start that thread with my next grow.

Diesel840

Do you guys think the leaf to bud ratio is the way it is due to too much nitrogen? Or just a characteristic of the specific phenotype? Definitely not much bud compared to leaf, but like I said it was his first grow and there were mistakes made along the way. The leaves are caked with trichomes tho.. so it’s not the end of the world either way…. So excited to see how she smokes in an hour or so!

Phone photo of the sample bud he gave me. BF048E90-1A2A-4D7F-B420-4207D499BD80.jpeg

Man I’m just gonna be honest I’m jealous of how good of a plant this guy grew. Smoked really well. Taste was very good, made me cough a little on large pulls but my lungs cough easy. Not harsh at all, ash burned white white, he did a great job. I smoked half and then later went back out to finish it off and I was shocked at how not harsh it was even after being re-lit. Normally anytime I re-light a J, the smoke is not enjoyable, but for whatever reason the second half was close to as enjoyable as the first. I’m terrible with smells and tastes when it comes to smoke reports, the word that came to mind for smell was fresh maybe a little bit of pine but just fresh.. not sure how else to describe it.. not fruity, not spicey, not necessarily sweet, maybe very very faint sweetness to it. Just fresh….

As for effect it was definitely hybrid and how many describe a good SSH. All the fun of a sativa but with enough Indica there to keep you on the ground and prevent any anxiety, paranoia or negatives from creeping in. It was very thought provoking like epiphany provoking, helped with creativity, introspective-ness. I threw on a movie at the start of the buzz and I was focused right in on it and it made it extra enjoyable for sure. It didn’t awaken the appetite or munchies as much as most cannabis does for me but I definitely snacked, perhaps more so out of habit. Sometimes when I smoke it ruins whatever movie or TV show cause I’m hyper aware to the fact none of it is real and I notice bad acting immediately, meanwhile when I’m sober I’m able to buy in and emotionally invest in a story no matter how pethatic the performances or how obviously scripted the reality show is. I did find myself noticing what scenes were CGI and found myself thinking about how certain scenes could have been filmed to look that good (but actually just be like camera tricks), but not so much so that it took away from the movie, I was still smiling the whole time and enjoying it. Overall great smoke, enjoyable buzz. Definitely a plant I will be stealing a clone off of, as the guy has it revegging currently, quite successfully so far!! If the yeilds were larger it would be a near perfect plant for me, but perhaps that will increase on a second grow.. or I’ll just have to cross it one day with a larger yielding plant that I also like the effects of, and make some feminized seeds of my own, selected for my exact preferences. Overall 5 stars 👏. I feel pretty confident it’s SSH at this point…

Despite being on the couch for most of the buzz I’d say there was no couch lock. Despite being engaged in the movie my mind was active the whole time with various creative thoughts. I was popping up from the couch doing different things multiple times throughout the movie.

Ohh I almost forgot! The second half of the J was at the end of the movie and after it ended I found myself easily motivated to go do all of the chores and tasks around the house I had been putting off before the smoke session earlier in the night. I was able to stay focused and efficiently get the house clean as f*ck 😂 before bed. I have a prescription for medication my attention deficit I struggle with daily and this plant had damm near the exact same effect as 54mg of Ritalin lol it just didn’t last quite as long! I am normally quite forgetful when it comes to tasks or chord that don’t excite me, especially once my daily med starts to wear off in the evening. This plant had me remembering everything I still needed to do, and more!! People always talk about day time and night time strains but I haven’t smoked a “day time” or strong sativa strain in years, cause they usually induce anxiety or panic for me, but this was the perfect amount of energy to be productive and a great anytime strain because I was still able to sleep once I finished all the tasks lol. 5 1/2 stars out of 5 👏!!

Last edited:
Back