"Ding Ding" Round 2.

Jammy

Ok first off, A big hello an how u doin' to redeye24/7 hope you enjoy.
Alrighty like it says round 2 of my current favorite only this time it's a single pheno and they have felt the blade big time.
Nute wise, well take a look, still pretty simple but it works
GWid4.jpg

I set the res about 2 hours ago with all the above except the neem (thats in case any bugs want to get it on). I put the barricade in first as this raises the ph then the A+B and finally the Voodoo (this stuff is the nutts) then tinker with the ph and fin. I love the barricade because unless any unforseen things happen my res will be about 6.0 by the end of the week and the EC should also be about the same too, 1 week and no messing, not bad.
GWid6.jpg

GWid5.jpg

The clones have been in the system sinse 30/07/07 they were in 10cm pots for about a week before that while I put my system back together, but they suffered a bit due to my lazyness
Here's a shot right at the start 30/07
GWid.jpg

Ok I'll continue this in a sec, the computer's telling me I can't put up any more pics (bah).
Peace Jammy

Ok I'm back.
So heres the plants today.
GWid3.jpg

GWid2.jpg

The clone shot on the previous post is the front middle (6.5Litre Pot) on the shot above, for comparison not the best but all the other pics I took were a bit naff so thats all I had, but you get the idea lol.
I think these have really come on in the last week despite the crappy week they spent with me not feeding them enough.
They've been getting fed once a day but I feel they're big enough to handle 3 meals. They get 1, 2 hours after the light comes on (6am) then every 6 hours.
There's a couple of straglers, bottom right and the middle plant in the middle row. I think they'll be ok but I'm in two minds wheather or not to just yank em and spread the others out, any suggestions????
So anyway thats the beggining of veg out the way, next posts should be the end of veg and start of flower (yay).
Hope you all enjoy.
Peace
Jammy.

Round 2 lookin great

Hey mate,

This is the dogs danglies,gonna grab a seat if you dont mind.

In answer to your Q on how i was intending to grow mine out,well i would like to get a similar look to yours,3 or 4 main heads,lower growth removed.

Cant wait to follow these through,are you using the neem as a precaution,or back up if any of my little friends turn up.

Wish you all the best.peace.:)

peace all.

superb grow

hi things are looking good can you tell me where you got your hydro system
as it looks superb!!!bongtime

Grab a seat dude, make yourself at home:) Bong or Doobie good sir?
I use the Neem as a precaution. I haven't sprayed this lot with it yet although I might in a couple of days. I tend to have more problems with Thrips than Mites, they still suck (no pun intended lol) but they're a hell of alot less destructive and much easier to get rid of.
I was curious as to how you were going to grow yours out (now I know). I love to see the variations people use to do the same thing. This specific forum is even better because we're growing the same plant, just different ways.
I think this pheno should do well topped to 4 main heads, the last run I did top em but I didn't clear the bottom of the plant very well, branches off branches and loads of popcorn.
Here's a couple of shots from today.
GWid7.jpg

GWid8.jpg

Hi there bongtime thanks for stopping by.
In answer to your question I kinda made my system. It's basically a Flood n Drain table (1.2m x 1.2m) with a 90 Litre res underneath. The top side has 9 6.5 litre pots filled with coco and hydroton clay for drainage, each of these is watered by a drip stake attached to a manifold linked to a MJ1000 pump in the res.
Here's a shot of the murky depths of my res.
wid18.jpg

Hope that lot helps, as to where I got it, well I used to work in a hydro store so I got to see alot of different setups and this happend to be the in-store favorite. I recon any good hydro shop should have what you need. As long as you've got room for a res somwhere and can gravity drain you can use pretty much anything you like.
Thanks again for stopping by peeps.
See ya soon, peace
Jammy.

Hey man,make mine a fatty,cheers for the warm welcome,

Today looks excellent in your garden,I know what your saying,gnats are easier to control,I have read they can take mite eggs from plant to plant,trapped on their legs,it's possible cuz they turned up in random places in my 12/12.

So glad you running these again,look forward to see how it goes,peace(check ya pm)

peace all.

I can't wait to get these into flower. I thought they were going to need longer in veg but all except 2 will be ready by this coming monday give or take.
Never thought about gnats transporting mites about before. When you say gnat, do you mean those little black fly that buzz around the soil when you disturb it? If you had those and mites that could be a nasty combination, airbourne division mites (b****rds). Thankfully I've never had to deal with em, the worst I've had was Thrips and Fungus Gnats and neem oil gets rid of them easily so I guess I've been lucky.

Peace
Jammy

Hi mate yes I was talking about fungus gnats,only seem to have a prob when i top water,switched to bottom for abit,

Thrips leave a silver streak,or so i read,never had them,you can get a natural pred to control them I believe.

The neem i used on some affis stayed mite free,but this lot seem like hempy said 'Super Mites'

The mites heard i had MNS strains and told their mates I had the good shit,lol.Hopefully the last time I will metion their dreaded name,never darken my door again,your not welcome to share my buds!!!!!

Anyway keep up the good work an all that Jammy,peace.

peace all.

Alright mate.
You can get a solution that you water through your soil called Gnat Off, that kills the larve in the soil before they can mature. Never used the stuff but I heard it works well, also those yellow sticky strips help catch the adults and that can interfere with their breeding.
When you bottom feed do you sit the pots in a saucer and let em soak up what they need? Do they still get enough oxygen to the roots? Just curious, I always used to grow in soil but never let my plants sit in water, I always thought it would cause root rot.
Anyhow hope things are good with you, any more info on your grow?
Peace
Jammy

Hi mate, blue bottle works in hydro and soil,1ml in 1L of water,stinks like f**k,didn't do nowt in mine.

Bottom water is the same as top,in a saucer or tray,fill up 30 mins later,tip out remaining water,or add if sucked up all previous water,never let sit in water ,you get to know how much roughly they drink,as you would know.

Top water i like myself because you know fresh air is drawn in,and the stale gases are pushed out,

Sticky yellow traps,I keep them in buisness man,lol.

Info on the grow,yeah I hope they look like yours haha!!!!!!

peace dude.

An all.

Just thought I'd post a quick update on the eve of 12/12.
One more week of stretch and veg food then bring on the bloom:D
I can't wait to see how these flower with 4 main branches, I've been pruning and pinching grow tips all week, even managed to FIM a couple of em by mistake.
The plants have grown really well over the last 5 days, not too much in height just girth and stature.
Here's some pics...
GWid11.jpg

The next 2 pics are of the middle plant right side
Gwid10.jpg

GWid12.jpg

This is the end of their 2nd week in this system and I gotta say I'm impressed with speed and vigor of this plant.
I think these girls look like they could hold some weight, and this is before they're fully set for flower!! I'm excited about this grow, I can't wait to see em at 4 weeks lol.
I'll post more soon.

Peace
Jammy

Looking great Jammy,

Strong branching,very healthy compact growth,I think you goona have some big colas very soon mate.Keep them updates comin,lookin forward to watchin you go through this grow peace.

peace all:)

Hi Jammy

Your plants are looking incredible Jammy, really heathly looking all round,i see your using Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow & Bloom i wanted to try this line of nutes but my hydro supplier done away with the whole Advanced line as it did sell too well over here, i have the Iguana juice Organic,Grow & Bloom this will be my second run with it i like it because it put the taste in the buds, and my joints burns to a pure white ash aswell.
Anyway keep up the good work Jammy as your doing a real good job with those plants.Take Care.Jammy.Hashish

Hi Hashish
Thanks for the kind words, sucks to hear you can't get hold of the AN range.
I used the Iguana Bloom on some Critical Mass earlier this year and had some very nice results. The only problem I had with it was the smell, heaven forbid you spill any lol :eek: . Of all the organic feeds Mother Earth Teas are my favorite, I'll be using some in bloom as an organic supplement to my res.
I don't know if they are available near you but Canna's Auqa A+B is supposed to be good, its got humic, fulvic and pottasium silicate already in the mix, these you have to buy as add ons with AN. I'm tempted to give it a go next run.
Have you checked out redeye24/7 grow? He's got some going in soil and they look well lush on just water.
Anyway thanks again for the kind words.
Peace
Jammy.

Ok just a quick update.
Plants are now in 12/12 with a full tank of veg nutes for this week, mums moved out and got her own place lol, and I'm trying to decide what to do with the spare. I would put her outside but the weather's crap and there's always the security issue. Oh what to do lol.
My mum plant has got her own place but room is going to be at a premium soon as I have 5 Sage n Sour, 5 A11 and 1 Venom germinating as I type, it's gonna get busy.
Here's a couple of shots of my tents and my new mum plant settling in (sorry for the crap lighting on some of them).
This 1 is taken from the doorway of my bedroom.
GWid13.jpg

Here's my mum plant in her new home, she's in an 11L pot filled with Terra Proff+ and Profit Disk coco under a 250w Halide.
GWid14.jpg

GWid15.jpg

GWid16.jpg

I don't like keeping mum plants past a few months as I find they become woody and clones take a little longer to root, so I chuck em every grow and start a new one.
Thats is for now, I'll be posting more soon.
Peace
Jammy.

Very neat and tidy grows,shame there's not room for mom,gotta do what ya gotta do.

Hope you get something nice out of them beans,Sage&Sour sounds a good strain.

Air-cooled looks the biz,I think I'll enquire into getting some hoods for mine,run a T-piece to do the two.Thanks for sharing Jammy,peace:)

peace all.

Hey Jammy thanks for the update very clean and tidy indeed,i know it sucks Jammy he just removed that line of nutes for slow sales but i think he should have kept the lines that was selling, i definitley hear ya when you talk about the smell of the Iguana juice it,s not pleasant.
i can get the Canna A+b nutes i have been using the Metrop 5 part series it,s expensive but these nutes have no shelf life or sell by dates,they are in there raw state so a 1 litre bottle feels like the bottles is full of rocks lol,but i am gonna find that Sensi grow & bloom as i have heard and read so much about it.
Anyway thanks for the reply and your update Jammy my chair is pulled up for this one.
keep up the great work and keep em healthy Jammy.Take Care.Hashish

Cool, pull up a chair. Oh wait I have Bean Bags! Sorry peeps I just found em.
How do you like the Metrop? Why the change? Sorry I have loads of Q's about that stuff, the shop I go to used to stock it and I liked the sound of it. But I don't think anyone bought it, I think someone did try it but I never got to hear how it worked out.
What kind of results have you been getting?
I'm happy with the AN range although I would like to try the canna aqua and some of the Grotek stuff at some point, but I will refine what I have first lol.
I'd love to be able to get my grow 100% organic, but I'm not sure I'll get the same growth rates. If the Mother Earth Bloom works out ok i.e. not to funky in the res after a week and no blockages, I might try a grow using just the MEG and MEB as base feeds.
So many strains, so many ways to grow them. :D cool.
Peace
Jammy

Hi Jammy,
Ill have a bean bag man,going to get comfy for this one.

Keep up the good work and the diary/pics.

keep it green
the clone ranger

Hey Jammy thanks for the Beanbags lol,well the Metrop is a serious nutrient Jammy and it took a while to get the hang of the feed schedules and the exact measurements for my my setup as everything comes at a mix rate of 50/75ml too 100 litres and reccomended to mix a batch this size but it,s too much so my mixes had to be customized but it takes very little of this nutrient like the Amino root & Bloom it,s 4ml per 20litres if water and 2ml Cal-green it,s powerful stuff,i have ran it in a Hydro setup and the results where amazing every fan leaf was covered in trichomes and some of the healthiest plants i,ve grown using it, but i had to pull the plants outta the hydro setup because of security problems while running it,but moved the plants into soil in early flower and they seemed to do just as good but the trich coverage was serious Jammy
I use the Amino root for cloning aswell for the speed of root development,the thing you have to watch when using Metrop is when you flip to 12/12 or what light schedule you use is to continue using the MR1-for three weeks into 12/12 before you start using the MR2-as the MR1 is for bigs stems and big root developement, then on the third week of 12/12 you start the MR2 and now you have the bud sites showing the plants can handle alot more potassium but not any sooner with the MR2 Jammy,the yields i got from this line of nutes was outstanding to be honest i never thought i could grow buds the size i did but it was all hepled with the Metrop this was only my third run with this line so i,m still watching and learning every grow hope this helps,if there is anything else you need to know fire away.Take Care.Hashish

heres the link to the Metrop site Jammy
http://www.metrop.nl/

Last edited:
Back