Different Hazes

BrotherBoris

I’m sure it has been explained but I haven’t found the answer to this question and it is What are the different types of Hazes used for making the different hybrids here at MNS? I have no idea what Haze AC is or the others and knowing the differences will help me understand the differences between strains that have different Haze type in their mix.

I found the answer by Sb…it seems that there were two Hazes an A and a C both pure Hazes whatever that was in 1969. One no longer exists but the other does as well as the Haze AC. It’s an interesting post worth reading for those interested. I did a Google search btw. It does not however describe the differences between the two. Both were described as pure Haze from 1969. Not sure what a “pure” Haze because Haze itself was a hybrid. There was even another haze type used too. Whatever the makeup, it sure has given brith to many awesome strains…

https://mrnice.nl/forum/threads/haze-ac-question.12733/

Last edited:
You can get "original haze" seeds from both Ace Seeds and Ag seed co.
As i understand - Nevilles haze was a combination of a haze male x haze female then outcrossed to northern lights #5..
Whether this line has been inbred further for the seeds we the public receive - I am unsure.

Nevilles has so far has revealed a few really great looking phenos... From those that lean more hazey/thai looking to those that show a bit of their northern lights lineage, staying short and stacky.

Sorry to Shanti and Mods if this is not ok... But I do love the subject of haze, and obviously where i highly respect Shanti and Nevils work... There is other hazes out there that are interesting: good or bad... I personally am unsure.

Authentic Genetics Seeds

Ace Seeds

Nevilles haze personally strikes my interest the most ☺️

Last edited by a moderator:
As i understand - Nevilles haze was a combination of a haze male x haze female then outcrossed to northern lights #5..
Whether this line has been inbred further for the seeds we the public receive - I am unsure.

Nevilles has so far has revealed a few really great looking phenos... From those that lean more hazey/thai looking to those that show a bit of their northern lights lineage, staying short and stacky.
Very true. I have had both expressions and both are excellent. The NH expressive one was surprisingly enjoyable and very potent and more desirable due to its looks. People who didn’t know what a real sativa looked like didn’t even believe that it was cannabis…This was many many years ago. I personally was never a fan of the early Humboldt County Indicas when they first came out or any Indicas. Now I’m OK with a little in the mix but really miss the old days and pure sativas…AND individual sativas not blends (hazes) because each one was different and unique.

I also would recommend the sammy potcast episode Boris, he goes into hazes a lot and I found it a great episode to learn a bit more about them.
Very true. I have had both expressions and both are excellent. The NH expressive one was surprisingly enjoyable and very potent and more desirable due to its looks. People who didn’t know what a real sativa looked like didn’t even believe that it was cannabis…This was many many years ago. I personally was never a fan of the early Humboldt County Indicas when they first came out or any Indicas. Now I’m OK with a little in the mix but really miss the old days and pure sativas…AND individual sativas not blends (hazes) because each one was different and unique.

Thanks lozak. I will listen to it in phases as it’s a long podcast. I’m from USA so I don’t know who these guys are. Can you tell me something about them?

Last edited:

Nevils Haze is
NL5/HazeA then in order to make seeds to sell to the public it was crossed to Haze C
Thus NL5/HazeA x HazeC
No female haze plant in this seed.
✌️

Thanks lozak. I will listen to it in phases as it’s a long podcast. I’m from USA so I don’t know who these guys are. Can you tell me something about them?
I can of course Boris. So the potcast is run by a guy from Australia called Heavy Dayze. He is a self declared weed nerd, and he interviews many famous people in the scene. In this episode he is speaking to Yo Sammy, who is part of the south holland crew. Basically, the south holland crew worked very closely with nevil, and had/ kept many of his cuts even to this day. Sammy gives some stories and chats about the different hazes that he has done. Although all of them are long, Shantibaba has two potcast episodes too. If you want to learn about the old school hazes from the 80s/ 90s, I would highly recommend listening to yo sammys, then shanti's podcasts.

Great background info lozac! I’ll also look for Sb’s podcast. I’m an old guy and like the old school reefer and war stories of guys my age in our underground rebellion against cannabis prohibition …I’m still a fan of very early 70’s bud that is now just a memory. I’m also a big fan of MrNice varieties and have been for about 25 years now, started at the end of Sb’s career at GH and when he, Howard and Nev started MNS I decided to go with them rather than stay with GH and am very glad I did.
Thanks again. Keep posting …

Great background info lozac! I’ll also look for Sb’s podcast. I’m an old guy and like the old school reefer and war stories of guys my age in our underground rebellion against cannabis prohibition …I’m still a fan of very early 70’s bud that is now just a memory. I’m also a big fan of MrNice varieties and have been for about 25 years now, started at the end of Sb’s career at GH and when he, Howard and Nev started MNS I decided to go with them rather than stay with GH and am very glad I did.
Thanks again. Keep posting …
I think you'll love Shanti's podcasts with him in that case! He has some great stories, one is with his an adventure he had to take with his Dad- I laughed throughout the whole story. I'll link them below:

Shanti Ep 1:

Shanti Ep 2:

Back