Devil for Afghan genes

7Mac4

I was looking into the Afghan Dominate strains. I have noticed that Devil and the NL5 X Afghan come from very similar parentage, but the NL5 X Afghan has perfect ratings by the Nice meter, so is it worth the extra money?

I actually got my nl5 x afghan cheaper then I've ever seen the devil at the auction. I only have seedlings right now though so I can't say just how good it is. I definetly like the description of nl5 x afghan better but I'm stilll gonna try the devil someday mostly cause of the red aura they talk about in the description.

Hi,

I have run both w/i last year or so and I strongly urge you in the NL5xAf direction.

P77

Hi,

I have run both w/i last year or so and I strongly urge you in the NL5xAf direction.

P77

I was originally learning toward the NL5 X Afghan, but I saw mixed reviews on it while the report on Devil was more stable. The only other benefit I saw of Devil was that it matures quicker. I would like to do an outdoor run (as well as indoors), so the earlier harvest is beneficial because it can get wet here after mid October. Anything I can harvest before then is always fine. Of course you will find all kinds of mixed reviews here on the internet that can be misleading. Could you describe what made the NL5 X Afghan so much more impressive for you and how Devil compared.

First unlike the Prof I've done neither :D I do recall afgan x NL5 having some complaints or troubles not that long ago, reported on the board

Edited

Last edited:
First unlike the Prof I've done neither :D I do recall afgan x NL5 having some complaints or troubles not that long ago, reported on the board

Edited

I don't listen to complaints any more like sopousedly herm prone bull shit. if I see one or two guys do great with a strain then its obviously not gonna be too bad. it just seems like some people do a horrible job growing then they blame the breeder. thats the way I see it anyway plus it would be damn near impossible to find a strain that nobodies ever complained about.

I don't listen to complaints any more like sopousedly herm prone bull shit. if I see one or two guys do great with a strain then its obviously not gonna be too bad. it just seems like some people do a horrible job growing then they blame the breeder. thats the way I see it anyway plus it would be damn near impossible to find a strain that nobodies ever complained about.

I still like to consider the the Hermie complaints. I have two main strains that I have grown for 5 years. One is of Mexican origins and the other is said to have come from some G-13 line. The Mexican strain will have several hermies no matter what I do. It doesn't matter what the conditions are. It will hermie inside under perfect conditions, inside under awful conditions, and outdoors at about the same rate. When I have stressed this strain it doesn't even to produce more hermies, 1 of about 10 females always go hermie. That being said, I will not throw this strain out because a couple go hermie every now and then. It is a wonderful plant. The G-13 strain has not produced a single hermie the entire time I have grown it. I have grown it right beside the Mexican strain every time and been through about 15 runs. It has never hermied. In my case I consider a hermie plant a genetic problem because I see it happen in some lines and not others under the same conditions. I figure most strains have the gene somewhere, but some are more reluctant to express the trait, and those are the ones I would prefer to have given that they are up to par in the other departments. I imagine that some Mr. Nice plants have gone hermie even under the best conditions, and I won't not buy them because of that. I still believe they can be A+ genetics even with some hermie tendencies. I'd very much like to believe that the Mr Nice brand seeds are less likely to hermie than some others though. Hopefully I will have some star plants from one of the packets I get (Shit, Shark Shock, and Devil or NL5 X AF) and no hermies.

Last edited:
Well put bluntmaster,

Well that being said ,
Almost all "sativa ish " strains hermie ! This is in its nature and Will manifest under stress ,

Some strains will not hermie even under applied stress.

I've read that northern lights is not a full indica so who knows ,
That being said
I have grown a "few" different clone only variety s in cali and u wouldn't believe just how many will herm out given the appropriate or if u will "inappropriate" amount / condition of stress.

Stress events usually happen unnoticed until its to late ,
I agree with bluntmaster here don't just believe other people's problems are going to be yr problems ,
Think For Your Self , question authority .

I still plan on running the Mr. Nice gear. If I get a hermie, I have no problem getting rid of it and no I wouldn't make any complaints if the others were nice. I doubt the product of Shantibaba and Nevil will disapoint me. I expect that quality to be there.
Hermie genetics are in most of the lines. Of all the hermie prone lines I have ran plants have hermied with stress and without it. Some of the lines showed a noticibly higher percentage of hermies with stress. Say I had 2 out of 20 normally hermie, I would have 3-4 hermie out of 20 with significant stress. I call significant stress very irregular light (power outages/ huge light leaks), along with water stress and heat stress. So if I can get a strain the only has 3-4 hermies out of 20 plants under disastrous conditions, I will be happy with that strain. If I got like 15 of 20 hermies, I would not be happy, I have seen this happen in one line, it was a extra potent haze line. IT was a Wonderful plant besides the hermie issues. I was warned beforehand, but I did 3 runs with it; 1 run of 20 plants indoors with stress, 1 indoors with 20 plants no stress, and one run outdoors of 20 plants. I had 15 of 20 hermie in the indoor with stress, 12 of 20 hermie in the indoor no stress, and 14 of 20 hermie in the outdoor run. That is the type of hermie occurrence that I call a genetic problem.

Well that being said ,
Almost all "sativa ish " strains hermie !

I believe that should read "Almost all 'sativa ish' strains I have grown hermie!". I've grown quite a few sativa dominant and full sativa lines that I've stress tested and have found a higher percentage that don't.

Heavy sativas do seem to have a higher occurrence than heavy Indicas though.

From what I've tried of the MNS range I can say La Nina is rock solid in that regard.

Had a friend grow out a Devil female outdoors, little guerrilla plant.
Said it turned red, finished fast and had a special taste and high. Old school, different from all his poly-hybrids.

I'd say it's worth a try just to see if you can find something different.

Back