Dementia and Cannabis

I could use some help. I have a 70-year-old male client with dementia. He won't remember anything from the prior week. Some days when we interact he is in a good space and other days he is just anxious, angry, frustrated, confused, (and a real ace..) all of those things that you would get when you can't remember and wondered what happened to everything you had. Last week stopped off at a dispensary and picked him up a pre-made and it really helped. This week picked up something and it wasn't very good or helpful. His daughter will grow whatever is best. I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestion on what strain base or any other knowledge on dementia and a good smoke. Don't want him falling asleep when I have him but definitely in a better headspace. Thank you ahead of time.

Report •••
I would be willing to bet money that Nordle, maybe harvested a little early, would hit the spot, without knocking him out. Thinking about people, I have cared for. The description of the agitation... Whatever the case, its got to be more effective than just feeding them lorazepam. I think that just takes the edge off, but barely and makes them more confused.

I'd be willing to bet, based off of strain descriptions and Mu's full throated endorsement, that the Master Kaze and MK/Skunk would be worth looking at too. Maybe also The Cure. I mean, you get the right amount of warm "up" and some "bottom end" for relaxation. Its hard to go wrong.

Pay attention to the aromatic profiles of what works for him. For an example, for me, strains with linalool and humulene seem to hit the spot (anxiety,) but there is more to it than any one thing. At the end of the day, we are all unique biochemical entities. So while linalool is known to be a GABA agonist. The overall context matters too.

All to say: happy hunting, good luck, and I respect what you are doing.

If he likes the Northern Lights x Widow, Mango Widow and G13 x Widow are easy answers. Also the Widow genepool itself seems pretty broad. I find that floral aromatic profiles tend to agree with me. The effects and flavor of the U2 are what caught my eye. Out of the Rock n Roll series. That is the one, I ended up choosing. I'm just thinking that something like SSH or Skunk Haze might add to confusion. Mango Haze... not so much. Some I have had, some I have only read people going on about exhaustively. So grain of salt, but what I would do, if I were you.

Back