Deach's Canadian east coast, outdoor, Nevils Haze/Mango grow 2021

Deach69

2022 COE Winner
messages_0(6).jpeg
messages_0(5).jpeg
Out of 2 Nevil's Haze Mango seeds, I got a male and female. I did it to fill a spot in my tent, because I'm curious about NHM, and because I also like to push my limits and see what different strains can do in my climate. A few years ago I tried some Kali Mist for the hell of it, got amazing results and realized that I shouldn't believe everything I read (and for some reason there isn't much/enough data on any strains on the internet. Stoners are too lazy to take the time perhaps?) about these strains. I also had grewat results with an SSH I reveged last summer, got close to a pound. As I explore the world of outdoor growing in my climate, this is the kind of information that would come in handy for me. I get the impression most of you are living in the southern States and southern Europe.

The top picture has my NHM on the left and Joeys NL on the right. Am I right in assuming the NHM is along the indica side?

I'll be putting out the mother after she's done flowering to reveg, and the purplish thumbnail photo is of the clone I am also getting ready for the outdoors

EDIT *I made a mistake, the NMH is on the right and the NL is on the left*

Last edited:
... got amazing results and realized that I shouldn't believe everything I read...
True wisdom spoken here.

NHM is considered a sativa with roughly 60% haze in its composition. 13-14 weeks as I recall (all notes gone from computer crash). Great flava and high. I love the title of your thread @Deach69 and your picture kicks this thread off nicely. I'll be following with interest for sure.

🤙Mu

NHM is considered a sativa with roughly 60% haze in its composition. 13-14 weeks as I recall (all notes gone from computer crash). Great flava and high. I love the title of your thread @Deach69 and your picture kicks this thread off nicely. I'll be following with interest for sure.

🤙Mu
The seedbank site says " Generally, it should be between 10-14 weeks with the possibility of slightly earlier if getting something towards the NL5 or Skunk side. ", so my fingers are crossed. In the end, as long as the trichs are cloudy, I should be a happy camper

Deach69 when did your SSH start to flower outdoors?
I was able to finish some Punta Roja (Red Dot) outdoors with great results in Canada last season. Reason being they started flowering the beginning of July and finished in Oct with minimal mold.
Funny thing is in my area some indica dominant strains don’t kick into flowering until late August early Sept and are highly susceptible to mold.
AF5C6BA1-A757-4B37-96DA-013DB1C4CB7C.jpeg

I was able to finish some Punta Roja (Red Dot) outdoors with great results in Canada last season. Reason being they started flowering the beginning of July and finished in Oct with minimal mold.
Funny thing is in my area some indica dominant strains don’t kick into flowering until late August early Sept and are highly susceptible to mold.
View attachment 51216
Wow, beginning of July is crazy early, My SSH started flowering mid August, and I pulled her at the end of October. She could've gone longer in another climate, but all trichs were cloudy. Gave me my first taste of Haze.

Shitty about your indica strains, you should try R2

Wow, beginning of July is crazy early

Yes July is early but I have seen other strains flower that early as well. Seems some strains are triggered into flowering after the summer solstice here. I find a lot of indoor varieties assimilated to 12/12 do not start flowering until late Aug/Sept. The bigger problem is once we get to mid September the humidity, and morning dew spread powdery mildew and mould like wild fire and I haven’t found a sure fire solution to that yet.

Yes July is early but I have seen other strains flower that early as well. Seems some strains are triggered into flowering after the summer solstice here. I find a lot of indoor varieties assimilated to 12/12 do not start flowering until late Aug/Sept. The bigger problem is once we get to mid September the humidity, and morning dew spread powdery mildew and mould like wild fire and I haven’t found a sure fire solution to that yet.
I guess the solution would be to find strains that aren't prone to mould. I try to make sure my plants get first sunlight to burn off Morning Dew, light frost or snow :)

Last edited:
View attachment 51216
Wow in July? What were the light hours when it flipped? I am sure it was over 14hrs. Could be the sativa recognizing the quick reduction in daily light cycle. And the indicas are grown in more temperate regions where the light does not decrease at the same rate. #Adaptation I guess.

Wow in July? What were the light hours when it flipped? I am sure it was over 14hrs. Could be the sativa recognizing the quick reduction in daily light cycle. And the indicas are grown in more temperate regions where the light does not decrease at the same rate. #Adaptation I guess.
I’m really not sure why and haven’t figured out the reason yet. Some sativas won’t trigger flower until later either.

the majority of the strain start in august for me

View attachment 51216

I'm amazed that happened without light dep. I've had 18-week punto rojo and Angel's Breathe F2 plants outdoors in MA at 42N and they never threw a pistil until late September earliest. Thinking back, they were probably not in the ground before the summer solstice. When did that punto rojo plant go in the ground? I guess there couls be autoflower traits somewhere in the genetics.

I'm amazed that happened without light dep. I've had 18-week punto rojo and Angel's Breathe F2 plants outdoors in MA at 42N and they never threw a pistil until late September earliest. Thinking back, they were probably not in the ground before the summer solstice. When did that punto rojo plant go in the ground? I guess there couls be autoflower traits somewhere in the genetics.
I planted in the ground on the 24th of May.
I don’t think any autoflower traits are involved because I got it as a clone from a friend who brought the seeds back from Columbia. He flowered it indoor and I grew it outdoor for shits and giggles. It grew beside a white widow that did not start flowering until late August and a blueberry cross that started flowering in July as well.

I planted in the ground on the 24th of May.
I don’t think any autoflower traits are involved because I got it as a clone from a friend who brought the seeds back from Columbia. He flowered it indoor and I grew it outdoor for shits and giggles. It grew beside a white widow that did not start flowering until late August and a blueberry cross that started flowering in July as well.
Ahh could be in Colombia they mostly grow outdoors.

Thats probably not pure punto roja. Looks quite different. There is alot of hybridization going on in Columbia and unfortunately pure punto roja is very difficult to find now. Looks nice tho, did it turn out any good kushumpeng

10022E0C-1181-48EE-8790-09FDBE3EDC12.jpeg
I’m not sure if it’s pure or not. A friend of mine brought it back and told me he got this strain called red dot for me to try and that it’s pretty good. That’s all I needed to hear. Didn’t seem right to quiz or question him on it’s authenticity with him being a gift horse and me not wanting to look in his mouth.
Anyway, It has a very strong zesty mountain fresh flavour. My wife says it smells like Gain laundry detergent. Its nice to try once in awhile but not something I enjoy smoking daily. The water hash tastes pretty good though and has a really nice clean buzz.

Back