Deach's Canadian east coast, outdoor, Nevils Haze/Mango grow 2021

I haven't tried either, have you? Those two are more prominent in Quebec and Ontario, I'm further east in New Brunswick, the land of R2 (NL2). dehash gifted me some Friseland/R2 seeds to me, which I'll be trying this outdoor season :)

awesome! that means that they should do more good around here than PNW varietals!!!

so, He gave you a pack of crystalized photons? frozen lights? He posts wonderful pictures.

*update*

So, I harvested my indoor NHM along with the Joeys NLs a little while ago (slacked off on my journal, so I can't pinpoint when, prob a month and a half ago). The NHM is great. As I mentioned a while back, I hardly have any experience with Sativas let alone Haze. I usually smoke at the end of the day, a couple of hours before bedtime. Usually but, sometimes midday, and for that, NHM is working very well. I also have a supply of SSH grown last summer outdoors, which is also optimal for day. Still trying to figure the difference between the two, it seems like NHM is hits a little harder, as in, more indicaish, but still not sure. It's also good for bed if if a hard sleep isn't necessary. Great visuals

All examples speak to optimal time to harvest sativas. Like @CannaFish- my experience is similar to his and I am surprised that your plants did not present with narrow leaves. An example of plants expressing according to environment?

🤙Mu

I put out clones for the summer sun (outdoor is and always be my preference), and 2 of the tags i stuck in the soil of the small pots they were in, flew out in the wind. So I have a Joeys NL and NHM growing side by side, and I still can't figure the difference, although have an idea, since the tags landed near certain pots. Anyhow, I'm going to post photos of the 2 and see if anyone with NHM experience can identify them for me.

PXL_20210812_134205042_copy_756x1008.jpg
PLANT #1

PXL_20210812_134215757_copy_756x1008.jpg

PLANT#2

Is this a trick question @Deach69 lol? I think @Pennywise420 is right. I'm so used to seeing 9 fingers on those NHM plants. The leaves look a bit more slender, linear compared to the more defined lanceolate shape of the second plant which might indicate more indica in the broader leaf. A guess of course.

🤙Mu
Not a trick question, as I've mentioned before, I don't have much experience with sativas. My only other sativa was SSH and it's fingers were quite slender, what I'd expect a sativa to look like. The camera was up a little closer for #2, for the life of me, face to face I can't see the difference. I will see the difference once flowering kicks in with the slight stretch

Yes July is early but I have seen other strains flower that early as well. Seems some strains are triggered into flowering after the summer solstice here. I find a lot of indoor varieties assimilated to 12/12 do not start flowering until late Aug/Sept. The bigger problem is once we get to mid September the humidity, and morning dew spread powdery mildew and mould like wild fire and I haven’t found a sure fire solution to that yet.
have you tried sparying some h2o2 for pm issue.

Yes July is early but I have seen other strains flower that early as well. Seems some strains are triggered into flowering after the summer solstice here. I find a lot of indoor varieties assimilated to 12/12 do not start flowering until late Aug/Sept. The bigger problem is once we get to mid September the humidity, and morning dew spread powdery mildew and mould like wild fire and I haven’t found a sure fire solution to that yet.
If you do, please let me know!!

have you tried sparying some h2o2 for pm issue.
Yes I have tried pretty much everything with no luck. That stuff is everywhere mid sept into Oct around here. It’s so damp at night and in the mornings it’s hard to avoid. I find spraying outdoor plants with anything pest related creates more problems than it solves. You may get rid of powdery mildew but attract spider mites or aphids. Healthy plants seem to handle it the best and may just get it on the lower leaves. Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) is supposed to be good at killing powdery mildew but I haven’t tried that because it also kills the beneficial fungus that I’m friends with.

Yes I have tried pretty much everything with no luck. That stuff is everywhere mid sept into Oct around here. It’s so damp at night and in the mornings it’s hard to avoid. I find spraying outdoor plants with anything pest related creates more problems than it solves. You may get rid of powdery mildew but attract spider mites or aphids. Healthy plants seem to handle it the best and may just get it on the lower leaves. Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) is supposed to be good at killing powdery mildew but I haven’t tried that because it also kills the beneficial fungus that I’m friends with.
aphids are certainly a nightmare, pm is a constant threat here as well i have to see a perfect solution for it, we are at the mercy of nature, cool damp nights with hot humid days is a recipe for molds no matter where you are. this summer we have been blessed with no rain for 50 days and warm dry nights, hopefully this weather continues until mid september lol. i have had good luck this year with pests, i used diatomaceous earth around april in all my garden beds and compost and i used nematoades in the same beds, it worked very well up until last week then some white flies and aphids started showing up, so i did a repeat of the d.e and toads and i put out a pile of ant traps to help control the aphids those ants love to farm aphids.

aphids are certainly a nightmare, pm is a constant threat here as well i have to see a perfect solution for it, we are at the mercy of nature, cool damp nights with hot humid days is a recipe for molds no matter where you are. this summer we have been blessed with no rain for 50 days and warm dry nights, hopefully this weather continues until mid september lol. i have had good luck this year with pests, i used diatomaceous earth around april in all my garden beds and compost and i used nematoades in the same beds, it worked very well up until last week then some white flies and aphids started showing up, so i did a repeat of the d.e and toads and i put out a pile of ant traps to help control the aphids those ants love to farm aphids.
I notice I get aphids and or white flies when something else is off. For example over or under watering, over or under feeding etc.

PXL_20210824_170122148_copy_1008x756.jpg

The one on the far right is definitely a Joeys NL, the other 2 on the left are still in question. I do have a pretty good idea which is the NL and which is the NHM, but i'll still keep you updated and guessing. I'd love to hear all yall's opinions. Keep in mind it was a little windy this day

messages_0(15).jpeg

Here they are again, made it quite well through tropical storm Ida. Only one broken branch. The center one and the one on the right are the NLs, and the oneon the far left is the NH/M. THe NLs started budding a couple of weeks ago and the Nevils Haze Mango is just starting. I'm starting to get nervous, I'd really love to get a large supply of the NH/M, the stuff is quite unique and awesome. She is a clone so that may have cut some flowering time. As long as the trichomes are cloudy, I should get my wish. My experiments like this one usually pan out one way or another, and I'll always have others to fall back on. Nothing tried nothing gained :)

Back